Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer (start Darwin) 28 Dec 2011

19 May 2011 ickleme1 asked

ickleme1

Hi, I am about to book this tour and am traveling solo. Is anyone else thinking of booking this date?
L

• 22 May 2011 Explorer1253662 said

Default_avatar

Hey i really want to book a trip was looking at the one you are interested in, i am unsure december or january. I really want to go and am very social but would love to know there are other single ladies going. Im a little scared to not know anyone, are you?

• 27 May 2011 Rob .Newham said

Rob .Newham

Hey :) Booked that tour but including the sailing :) Sweet :)

• 8 Jun 2011 Laurel said

Laurel

ive booked this tour aswell :) i cant wait. but not going sailing.

• 9 Jun 2011 ickleme1 said

ickleme1

That’s me all booked and doing the sailing. I am traveling from Scotland – where is everyone else traveling from? I will also be traveling solo so will be good to get to know some of you before the trip.
    I am thinking of staying in Sydney for an extra few days after the tour. L

• 10 Jun 2011 Rob .Newham said

Rob .Newham

Im from South Africa :) Also traveling solo :) Really excited:)

• 10 Jun 2011 franky h said

franky h

That sounds awesome, I’m planning to head over to Oz just after Christmas I have booked a http://www.wimdu.com/ apartment so it should be great. I am really looking forward to it :)

• 13 Jun 2011 Laurel said

Laurel

YAAAy so far theres 3 people for sure going on this trip. makes me so excited, im from Australia. but im from the west coast. ive only being to the gold coast, and a short stop over in sydney. so it will be great seeing everywhere else :) anddd im travelling solo tooo :)

• 16 Jun 2011 ickleme1 said

ickleme1

Has anyone worked out where we’ll be for New Year? Also does anyone know if we need visas? I just need to get my flights sorted out.

• 17 Jun 2011 Laurel said

Laurel

im thinking we will be just past darwin for new years.. i forgot what the town is called :( but yeah. im not to sure for visas, because im an aussie. so yeah

• 19 Jun 2011 Miranda said

Miranda

Hi!, I’m doing this tour in October!
    I think you do need a visa.. I’m from the Netherlands and needed one. You can easily get it online linked to your passport. Not sure which site anymore but when you google it you should be able to find it!
    It’s just answering some questions and filling in your passport details. I got an email the next morning that it was accepted! Make sure you don;t need a new passport! Cause then you need to change that again!
    Hope this helps :)

• 20 Jul 2011 PhantomDan said

PhantomDan

Hey guys!
    I’m also coming on the trip! I’ll travel solo from switzerland to australia but I’m not so sure at the moment at when I should arrive in darwin… 26th or maybe 27th? When do you come to darwin?
    Cheers and I’m looking forward to meet you :)
    danny

• 20 Jul 2011 Laurel said

Laurel

Whats the time difference between switzerland and australia?! :o i dont even know. but, depending on the time difference. id say get to dawrin for the 26th, so you can sleep all day then when the tour starts you’ll be wide away. i mean the differences for me is half an hour or something, but im still going there a day early.. if that helps :)

• 13 Sep 2011 RarNay said

RarNay

Hi Guys. Im Renee, 24 years old and travelling on this tour by myself. This is my second contiki tour. I am from Brisbane, Australia and the tour goes right through my home town LOL but I am doing it because I havent seen alot of Australia (only Brisbane and I lived on Fraser Island growing up). I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and make some more new friends!! xxxxx

• 14 Sep 2011 Charlotte T said

Default_avatar

Hi all
    I’m doing this tour too and am travelling solo. I’m from London. I’m actually doing the Fiji stopover first (where I will be for Christmas) then this tour followed by three extra nights in Sydney – wanted to do the Sydney tour but there aren’t any running.
    Really really nervous but looking forward to making lots of new friends….can’t believe how quickly it is coming around!!
    Charlottexx

• 14 Sep 2011 Charlotte T said

Default_avatar

L – yes do need a visa. You can download the application form and send it in with a photo, copy of your itinerary and passport. Mine came back within two weeks x

• 23 Sep 2011 ickleme1 said

ickleme1

Thanks Charlotte. I am just looking at booking my flights at the moment and want to do a possible stop over. Lx

• 24 Sep 2011 Charlotte T said

Default_avatar

Hi L. I asked Contiki to help book my flights-I gave them the dates along with the airport I wanted to fly from (so Heathrow), and they emailed me a quote. All I then had to do was pay for them. I tried to do it myself but asked Contiki as they know what’s ‘best’. Was a lot less stressful! Just need to sort my travel insurance now. C x

• 26 Sep 2011 Laurel said

Laurel

is anyone staying in sydney after the trip?! i was looking at staying there till the 27th till stay there for australia day, because i thought it would be sweet. anyone else doing that? :)

• 27 Sep 2011 RarNay said

RarNay

Hey, I am staying just one extra night and leaving the next arvo if that helps :)

• 1 Oct 2011 Explorer1299640 said

Default_avatar

I don’t have a manual, or a clue on how to use it (setting up the right lens (H X 25mm is in at the moment but I have 6 others) and finding basic constellations .
    http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110819035644AA8qMZ6

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.