Community_discussions_small  

Question

things to do in london?

6 Nov 2006 chloe down asked

Default_avatar
hey everyone

we have 2 days in london before out tours starts and we are just wondering what the best things are to do while we are there.

thanks chloe
  • 8 Nov 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

thanks for all teh great ideas, we had looked at going on the original tour which is the hop on hop off open roof bus. although it is really early before we go we want to make sure that we do all the best things we can while we are there as we may not get beck for a while. and it is both our first times in london, nd europe or that matter.

thankyou very much again
    chloe

• 21 Nov 2006 PinaI said

PinaI

London is a great city and so very easy to get around. Take the time to enjoy yourself walking around and checking out all the sites you’ve heard so much about over the years.

If I only had a day or two then my suggestion would be to get the hop-on, hop-off bus so that you can at least ‘see’ all the main sites and get off at the ones you really want to see a bit more of.

If you want to go more in depth, then I would take a MASSIVE walk. Start at Bond Street where all the shops are, turn down Oxford Street and continue walking until you get to Piccadilly Circus. From their you can check out Leicester Square, Covent Garden and China town and then move along to Trafalgar Square.

After all that you might be stuffed but I would keep going! Go through to Westminster, see Big Ben and the London Eye, Westminster Abbey – all that. It sounds long and complicated but it’s a really easy walk to do.

Whilst I was living there, I used to do that walk almost every Saturday just so I could get out and about and enjoy the lifestyle. Oh, don’t forget Buckinham Palace at some stage too!

If you want to know more, just let me know!

• 22 Nov 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

thanks thats great to know, we changed out flights so when we get back from the tours we will have 5 days in london befor we have to fligh out. everyone that i have talked to has told us to go on the hop on hop off bus it seens to be the easiest way to go. we have also been told by people to get a london pass but not sure how that works, would you be able to tell me more about that

thanks chloe

• 22 Nov 2006 AussiJem said

Default_avatar

hey

we got the london pass 2 take over with us 4 our trip. its really good it allows u free entry into heaps of major sights arouind london. check out the website www.londonpass.com

u hafta buy it here before u leave an i highly recommend it. we got a 2day pass with travel 4 about 51pounds. when i worked out how much it would cost 2 get into all the places we wanted 2 do in just 1 day it was 56pounds so it seems like a great deal. also looking at the site gives an idea of how much stuff there is to do an see in london. goodluck and have fun!!!

jem

• 23 Nov 2006 CanadaJess said

Default_avatar

Go see a show go see a show! HAHAHA The one must do thing in London on my list is to go see a Broadway show in the West End!! And they are so cheap compared to big shows in North America! I dunno if you like theatre but if you do go for it! There are over 120 plays playing in London as we speak!

• 23 Nov 2006 space_monkey said

Default_avatar

hi. the one thing i will be doing in london is seeing a show. can’t wait. just looking at all the different things todo in london i should of booked for more days.

• 26 Nov 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

thanks heaps for all you information it will make things alot easier to decide what we are going to do while we are there, we are staying at the RNH so it will make it easier for us to book things.

thanks erin77 for all your great info, with the prices it gives a bit of an estimate on how much money we will need when we are in london.

thanks everyone
    chloe

• 27 Nov 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

Erin77 should we book tours before we leave australia, or can we just wait till we get to london and book them in the basement

chloe

• 27 Nov 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

thanks for all you help, it has been great. now all kerry and i have to do is choose which tours we want to do and then book them

aain thaks heaps
    chloe

• 28 Nov 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

we will do we cant wait,

again thanks heaps for all the info that you gave us you have been a great help

chloe

• 28 Nov 2006 Jcco98 said

Default_avatar

Chloe down,

When will you be in London?

• 29 Nov 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

we are booked to do the euopen vista in sept next year we fligh into london on the 5th of sept and the tour starts on the 6th then when we get off the tour on the 27th we dont fligh out till the 2nd of october

Why?

chloe

• 1 Dec 2006 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

We are there 5 days before and 2 days after our tour.

we have purchased a 7 days travel card for the first 5 days. It includes all public busses and the underground and will also be our way from the airport to the hotel.

For the first couple of days we will do the london eye, massame tussauds & things that arent incl on the London Pass.

Second day we want to go to Thorpe park www.thorpepark.com

then we have purchased the London Pass for the 3 days before the tour.

The two days after the tour will be spent seeing anything we missed on the 5 days before the tour. We also have a 3 days travel card for this which will also get us from the hotel to the airport.

7 days London trnsport card (24 hrs a day public busses & underground for zones 1-6 which means you can use from airport) = $117AUD

3 days London pass (sightseeing pass) = $133AUD

3 days London transport card (24 hrs a day public busses & underground for zones 1-6 which means you can use to airport)= $106

• 1 Dec 2006 chloe down said

Default_avatar

thanks for that nikki is great ot know what other people are planning to do

thanks heaps
    chloe

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion