Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Inspiration (Winter) - 14 Dec 2011

26 May 2011 Lisa asked

Lisa

Hey,

I'm from Perth, WA and will be going by myself on this tour.

I was wondering if anyone else is going on it.

This is the first time overseas (and in a plane), so wants to know who else is going.

• 5 Jun 2011 Kirijane123 said

Default_avatar

Hey yeah, my boyfriend and I are going on this tour! Was waiting to see who else was coming on it! hahah

• 5 Jun 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

Oh cool. Where are you from?

• 5 Jun 2011 Kirijane123 said

Default_avatar

We are from Newcastle, NSW….this is my second Europe contiki…did one in a gap year 3 years ago although it was a much longer one (37 days) and wasn’t a hotel tour! It’s the best ever!!

• 7 Jun 2011 T0M said

T0M

Hey! Perth Girl!
    Yeah, my girl and i are doing the same tour. New Years Eve the last night (hopefully Moulin Rouge)- going to be incredible.

My second Contiki but it’s the first for the gf.. she’s so excited.

When are you traveling over?
    If you can’t find the answers in other posts/forums, i’m all ears and will try to help.

Cheers,

• 7 Jun 2011 Kirijane123 said

Default_avatar

Haha another couple already. Sweet. I highly doubt moulin rouge will run for our tour at all cos of new years!! What was your first tour Tom?

• 8 Jun 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

Hey.
    It’s good to see a few more people who are coming. Where are you and your gf coming from Tom?
    I’ll be leaving on the 12th December, so I’ll have all of the following day to recover from my (first) flight.

• 11 Jun 2011 T0M said

T0M

I hope the Moulin does run Kirijane – how good would that be for NYE :).
    I did a similar tour (Encounter) a few years back with the boys. Probably covering 70% of the same places but it’s not like you can ever see enough of Italy, France, right ?!?
    Yeah 2 couples already! That’s already half as many couples that were on my last tour – it was a singles tour, lol

Hey Lisa, my gf and i are coming from around North Perth and are flying out Sunday the 11th.
    Are you NOR or SOR?
    We leave Sunday and get there around Monday lunchtime, straight to the Royal National for a few nights before Contiki. (via the London Pub for a pint and £5 pub lunch, hah)

Is anyone staying at the Royal National before hand?

• 11 Jun 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

Hey Tom,
    I’m South of the River.
    I won’t be getting in until the Monday night though.
    I’ll be staying at the Royal National hotel as well.

• 3 Jul 2011 Cassie said

Cassie

Hi Myself and my best friend wil also be on this trip :)
    Very excited!

• 13 Aug 2011 KrisztinaMelindaPax said

KrisztinaMelindaPax

Well it seems as though a lot of Aussies are going on this trip! Lol. I’m so excited for this trip. My friend an i are leaving Sydney on the 10th and getting into London on the 11th. Exploring London for the few days before we leave on the tour! I can’t wait to meet all of you on the tour.

• 23 Aug 2011 T0M said

T0M

Hey all,
    If anyone is planning on staying at the Royal National before/after Contiki, this site might be worth a check. Their rates seem pretty good. – http://www.yeego.com/unitedkingdom/london/hotel16849.html

Worked out to be around $90 AUD a night. I took the quote into Flight Centre and got it even cheaper through their price beat policy…noice’

• 19 Oct 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

I was reading through some of the other discussions and someone said that they were in Paris on New Years Eve so they couldn’t do the Moulin Rouge extra :(
    But I’m sure there will be something else great to do there that night.
    Anyway, not very long to go. I’m so excited…despite having a heap of uni assignments to do :/

• 16 Nov 2011 Searly said

Searly

Hey,
    Myself and a mate will also be on this tour. We are ;eaving from Brisbane on the 11th and have 2 nights at Royal National before the tour.
    Is any of you planning on staying on in paris after the tour?

Not long now, can’t wait!!!

• 16 Nov 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

I’ll be going back to London after the tour and staying another two nights at the Royal National. In all I’ll be in Europe for 21 days. I wish it was longer, but unfortunately don’t have the funds for a longer stay.

But I am definately looking forward to it!

• 16 Nov 2011 KrisztinaMelindaPax said

KrisztinaMelindaPax

My friend and I are staying on in Paris until the 5th of January. Kinda worried about my money, but that’s what credit cards are for, I guess

• 16 Nov 2011 Searly said

Searly

Yeah I come back to Aus on the 23rd Jan n my mate on the 1stfeb. were planning on kicking round Paris for a bit then heading down to Spain.
    yeah the whole money thing splash’s round in the back of my head but yeah if in doubt there is always a credit card. Wanna make sure I have a good time.
    Thinking we should add each other on Facebook everyone can get to know each other? http://facebook.com/searly & my mates is http://facebook.com/mrouse1

• 17 Nov 2011 Explorer1319746 said

Explorer1319746

hey…. so who is on the inspiration tour starting 14th ???? its gonna be insane!!!

• 17 Nov 2011 Kirijane123 said

Default_avatar

Hey “krizstinamelindapax”. My bf and I leave Sydney on the 10th as well but we go via Melbourne cos I wanted to go on the A380 lol

• 17 Nov 2011 Explorer1319746 said

Explorer1319746

so it seems everyone one in this forum is on that tour. MY BAD

• 17 Nov 2011 KrisztinaMelindaPax said

KrisztinaMelindaPax

Kirijane123 lol. My friend and I are cheap. We’re flying with etihad airlines and stop in Abu dabi. We get into London at 12pm on Sunday though. When do you get in?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.