Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European in 2012

27 May 2011 DarkOrchid asked

DarkOrchid

Is anyone looking at doing the Ultimate European in July 2012?
I'm looking at doing it with Egypt, but want to know if there are already others like me looking that far ahead!

• 31 May 2011 JoshS90 said

JoshS90

I’ll be going this year in August with Egypt. Should be awesome though aye!.

• 1 Jun 2011 DarkOrchid said

DarkOrchid

Definitely looks awesome! Hope you have a great time, let me know how it goes and advice you have after it!!! =D

• 8 Jun 2011 KirstenLaurelle said

KirstenLaurelle

I am looking at the tour in May-June with Greece… Cant wait!!

• 9 Jun 2011 StephanieN17 said

Default_avatar

I’m looking even further in advance than you, I’m thinking July 2013 :) Have a great time and post about it!

• 9 Jun 2011 Kaity said

Kaity

Hey, I’m also looking very far advance :) I’m defs going to do a Contiki, I was looking at the Ultimate Europe, but have decided (maybe) on the 46day big chill tour :) Can’t wait for 2012!!! Maybe we will see each other over there :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

I have been looking at it too but thought it might be too long since I am travelling alone. So scared I wont meet any friends lol! What do you think?

• 9 Jun 2011 Kaity said

Kaity

I’m going by myself and am completely fine with it- Each tour has like 40-50 people on it, so you will defiantly meet lots of people. The big chill tour also sees so many places which will be awesome! :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

yeah true!! I think I just have to do it lol

• 10 Jun 2011 Kaity said

Kaity

When are you thinking of heading to Europe? :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

Well just found a flight for $568 on air asia that leaves on the 11th June so possibly around then. Looking on going on a Contiki by about the 15th June as want to be back by the 30th July for Equestrian at the Olympics. :) So hard deciding what tour to do but it looks like the adventurer fits in well with these dates, the Ultimate European sounds amazing though!! Just whether timing works out :)

Zoe x

• 10 Jun 2011 Kaity said

Kaity

I was going to go with air asia, but I had heaps of trouble booking- It kept saying ‘error no service available’ everytime I tried, hopefully you have better luck then me when you go to book :) I booked my flights yesterday, flying with Jetstar Melbourne to Bangkok on the 9th of feb, then on March 26th on Egypt Airways (Bangkok- stopover Cairo- then to Paris) It was like $800 all together which I found pretty good. I’m going to with fly Air asia home- The flights are so cheap! :) Have you got your olympic tickets for the Equestian…I would love to see something at the Olympics! :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

oh wow that is cheap! I knwo I am worried about booking air asia but it saves so much money! Its hard booking for June as most airlines havent release flights yet. No havent bought tickets, decided to just chance it at the gate as there are about 6 different equestrian days I would be happy to see, I have the schedule. In NZ we could only request them through travel agents and they were trying to make me book everything through them in order to request tickets. Apparently there are usually equestrian tickets left at the gate so should be fine :). Looking at renting a room in someones house during olympics or stay at a hostel or if I can get a group together there are like 2 and 3 bedroom flats available for rent by the week over the Olympic period that works out to be reasobable too.. and then would have our own place to cook, hang out etc :)

• 27 Jun 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Yes! Im really considering the Ultimate European plus Greek Islands tour for the end of June 2012. Im hoping for a departure date around the 24th June. :)

• 2 Aug 2011 DarkOrchid said

DarkOrchid

Yes I’m looking at around the time as well!!! Perhaps we will be on the same one =)

• 2 Aug 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

the dates are out and theres one for the 24th! Are you still thinking of going then?

• 6 Aug 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

http://www.facebook.com/groups/131134476977836/

• 9 Nov 2011 Slozza88 said

Slozza88

I just booked my tour in for Ultimate European + Egypt departing 1st July 2012. How are your plans going?

• 17 Nov 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

Hey got back a month ago from Ultimate European with egypt option, so if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them… ill just say its an amazing tour!! you have picked well! :P

• 23 Nov 2011 Slozza88 said

Slozza88

Awesome, thanks for the reply. You might regret the happy to answer questions comment though haha. I got a few:
    Were there many solo travellers on your tour or mainly couples?
    What type of bag did you take or would you recommend? Hard casing or material? Max size limit or smaller?
    Are you Aussie – if so what Visa’s did you need to get?
    Did you over pack? What would you say are the basic essentials you need for such a long tour?
    What was your favourite part of the tour?
    Sorry I could probably ask a million questions.
    Thanks again for the reply. This will be my first big trip and solo too. I’m excited and freakin out at the same time!!

• 23 Nov 2011 JoshS90 said

JoshS90

Hey everyone…I just got back from this tour last month. I did it with the Egypt option and did every optional activity there was…AMAZING! I had the best time of my loife and most of them on the tour were travelling by themselves so if you are worried about not making friends….don’t worry, you will. There were 43 people on my tour and you meet up with other groups along the way as well on different tours. Definately do it though, the people that went on greek islands said they had an awesome time on that option as well, so no matter which you choose you’ll have a blast. Contiki was great to travel with, very friendly and love to join in with yaz too. Anyways I hope it helps, oh and my opinion…better to take a suit case than to take a camping bag for your luggage. Just take a small bag for when you go out during the days. Hope you do go and have the best time of your life. I didnt want to come back and I’m planning a different tour with contiki now haha.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.