Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European in 2012

27 May 2011 DarkOrchid asked

DarkOrchid

Is anyone looking at doing the Ultimate European in July 2012?
I'm looking at doing it with Egypt, but want to know if there are already others like me looking that far ahead!

• 24 Nov 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

HI
    So…. There were 4 couples on my tour and about 4 other sets travelling as friends the rest were solo.. so dont worry about it if you are going alone!! you make friends easy!.
    I took a suitcase, which I would recommend… there were few times when a backpack would have been easier but i think the majority of the time suitcase was better.
    I am a Kiwi, for us the visas were only needed in Egypt, but this is just bought when you arrive at the airport in Egypt, you basically just pay and go, so easy! For the aussies the only other place was going into Turkey the Aussies had to pay at border control to get a visa ( the kiwis didnt have to get a visa here.) but they are both easy to get, you dont need to worry about it before you leave home.
    I definitely overpacked on things i thought i might need, I overprepared in so many ways… like after sun gels and travel books….etc i was trying to prepare for any scenario, many which never happened and i carried that stuff for way too long before i chucked it! if you need things just buy them as you go.. there are shops over there too!! and travel books arent really needed as the guide tells you everything you need to know and if they dont tell about something you want to see they will find out… plus they give you maps and other info to help you find things.
    My fave places were Istanbul and Venice!! So amazing, I also did all the optionals and I think they are well well worth it! do as many as you can even just to hang with your tour mates more… you will miss them heaps when its over!!!
    More advice… taking photos is great and take heaps but also take some time to appreciate where you are and look at where you are not thru a camera lense!!! I wish I had done this more!

Have fun but any other questions just keep asking!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.