Community_discussions_small  

Question

Dressing up for Oktoberfest 2011?

28 May 2011 caroline asked

Default_avatar

Hello, my boyfriend and I are so excited about Oktoberfest this year. We were just wondering if people are planning on dressing up? For those who have been before, do people normally dress up? Thanks =)

• 28 May 2011 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

i do plan on dressing up in traditional lederhosen for Oktoberfest and the embarresment of my girlfriend but its gonna be a once in a life time experience so im just gonna go all out.

• 28 May 2011 caroline said

Default_avatar

Haha, yeah we thought the same thing about dressing up =)

• 5 Jun 2011 Malc said

Default_avatar

Hey, I was there last year on my Contiki tour. A lot of people do dress up but a lot don’t either. Whichever way you go, you won’t feel out of place. While it is good for a laugh, the outfits were expensive purchased there, especially the blokes stuff. Couple of the boys spent 200 euro on the traditional outfits, some of my other mates just wore matching all white tennis outfits ala John McEnroe including head and arm sweat bands, was hilarious as there were a 5-6 of them and it was different. Hope this helps.

• 29 Jul 2011 Aussie Lo said

Aussie Lo

Yeah im totally keen to dress up!!!! i wonder if its a good idea to look at getting costumes befor hand if they will be expensive there? i dont care if i look like an idiot.. it will be a fun experience :)

• 30 Jul 2011 SarahTee said

SarahTee

Yup Im SO dressing up. already brought my dirndl! Mine was 123 euro altogether with shipping. Try here! http://shop.oktoberfest.de

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion