Community_discussions_small  

Question

Any comments,tips,suggestions for Italian Espresso

28 May 2011 Monja asked

Default_avatar

Hi there!

What did you wish to remember and what did you wish you did not bring?? This will be my first trip on Contiki and to Italy!! Please help !!!
1. Spending Money?? How much is a good amount to take?
2. Bags?? What to take on bus?
3. Hotels?? Are they reall that bad?
4. Optionals?? What is good and what is bad?
5. What do you sugest I MUST SEE that is not included?

• 30 May 2011 Elena said

Elena

Well, if you’re leaving anytime after July 4th, I’ll be sure to write a small description of it when I get back! :)

• 31 May 2011 kilted_bonnie_lass said

Default_avatar

I am planning on going on this trip in December.. So would also like to hear any suggestions or comments

• 31 May 2011 Monja said

Default_avatar

Awesome! I am going on 6 of August!

• 31 May 2011 Elena said

Elena

Just possibly post here once again sometime on the 6th or 7th so that it sends me a reminder. xD I’m afraid to forget.

• 8 Jun 2011 Elena said

Elena

By the way, there’s a nice informative blog from a recent Italian espresso tour! :)
    http://www.crazyonpaper.blogspot.com/

• 8 Jun 2011 Explorer118 said

Default_avatar

I just got back from the Italian Espresso tour earlier this month. I had a really good time. One big thing I would recommend, pack light. You’ll have to walk with your luggage a fairly decent length from the coach to the hotels that you are staying at. This is because the coach can only go so far into any of the cities due to the small streets. And, remember that you’ll also have to get from the airport to the meeting point on your own with your luggage. You don’t want to have to drag a really heavy suitcase and a lot of bags around on the streets. I took one suitcase and carry-on. I was able to fit my purse into my carry-on if need be. And, I could also fit my carry-on into my suitcase if need be. Suitcase with carry-on inside still weighed less than 40lbs.

• 8 Jun 2011 Explorer118 said

Default_avatar

Sorry, I went in May… forgot we’d already moved into June. :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Monja said

Default_avatar

Thank you so much for the advise…. i am glad you had a good time! I cant wait!!!!!

• 18 Jul 2011 JackDarcy said

Default_avatar

As per my view you must follow chauffeur services. This will help your journey is as quick and easy as possible by taking the most direct route while avoiding potential traffic jams. As well as they are aware of all routes and roads and also they take us to our destination safely.

• 18 Jul 2011 livestrong said

Default_avatar

Did you fly home from Venice or Rome? We added on four days in Rome, and they were goin to take us back to rome, but it is such a long drive…I was wondering if you recomended a train or plane?

• 18 Jul 2011 Elena said

Elena

I heard that some people in the group were going to take the train back to Rome and I think that that could be cheaper than by plane.

• 18 Jul 2011 livestrong said

Default_avatar

What website do you do it through eurorail?

• 19 Jul 2011 Monja said

Default_avatar

I am going to take the train back from Venice… this is the sight: http://www.italiarail.com It will be faster and I will be able to spend more time in Venice!! the price is about 100 euros for the trip!

• 19 Jul 2011 livestrong said

Default_avatar

I need to get get use to Euros lol thanks I will definitely look into that sight.

• 19 Jul 2011 livestrong said

Default_avatar

since I am not familiar with Italy, which train station in Venice?

• 19 Jul 2011 Monja said

Default_avatar

Dont worry I am also not familier with Italy! I think it is the San Lucia (that looks like the main station) but i am not 100% sure! I know the sation in Rome is Termini. As soon as I am sure I wilol let you know!!

• 20 Jul 2011 livestrong said

Default_avatar

I looked at that one…it’s just so far from where we are staying. I found really cheap flights I might just book a flight from Venice to Rome, we are so close to the airport… took me hours to figure that one out lol SO confusing! are you going the tour that starts Saturday?

• 23 Aug 2011 Msdevine19 said

Msdevine19

@live strong- where did u find the cheap flights?

• 23 Aug 2011 shabs said

shabs

ryanair.com…check it out, i got a pretty good deal on my flight to barcelona after the italian espresso tour

• 23 Aug 2011 Monja said

Default_avatar

So just to update you all: I have done my Italian Espresso 6 – 13 August and had an absulute amazing time!!!!! Here is some info you moght want!

Spending Money?? How much is a good amount to take? I took 200 Euro’s a day (yes THAT much) and had more than enough. I even took some money home. I think a reasonable amount would be about 100 euro’s! I paid for all optionals, lunches, gelato, extra dinners and drinks with this money. I also got to buy awesome things!
    2. Bags?? What to take on bus? I used a messanger bag while walking around and had another bag for bus! BUT guys make sure your bus bag is not TOO BIG! The space in bus is not allot!
    3. Hotels?? Are they reall that bad? NO THEY ARE NOT!!!! Listen they are not what you probably be used to as a 3 – 4 star hotel but they are fine for what you use them for (only to sleep) Florence was probably the worst of them all BUT the location is amazing!!!!!!!! Venice was the best hotel but the location was the worst!!!!
    4. Optionals?? What is good and what is bad? DO ALL OF THEM; they are amazing!!!! Contiki really made an effort to show you what each city is known for! I bough a awesome leather bag in florence at the leather demonstraions. I bought a BEAUTIFUL lace table cloth at the lace demonstration and awesome glass earings at the glas demonstraion. The optional su ppers where AWESOME!!! we had so much fun!!!!

5. What do you sugest I MUST SEE that is not included? Pantheon……. that was amazing!

Well like I said I had such an awesome time! I traveld solo and I really made such good friends!!!!! Please dont worry about the bad reviews of this tour! Those ones happened in the starting stages of this tour! COntiki changed it allot and it is awesome!!!!

ENJOY!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion