Question

xx september 2nd departure?? anyone? xx

31 May 2011 ashlee asked

ashlee

who else is leaving on this date?

• 1 Jun 2011 Cecilia_21 said

Default_avatar

hey hey!!!
    Yes I will be travelling on this one, and have a friend of mine from Switzerland going aswell, and i have also met another girl on here too joining this tour.
    Where are you travelling from??

• 1 Jun 2011 ashlee said

ashlee

ohhh good! well im going with 3 others, we all all travelling from australia.
    we are staying in london from the 27th August until the tour starts!!

xx

Default_avatar

Oh thats awesome!!!
    Was getting a bit worried, coz i started a post on here not long ago about who was going on this trip and NO ONE replied, so its good to hear we’ve got about 7 on the trip so far…its going to be soooo much fun!!!!
    Im travelling from up in North QLD, and i get to London on the 28th and will be there until the tour starts too, so we should catch up for a drink or so in London =)

• 1 Jun 2011 ashlee said

ashlee

hahaha so was i!, i posted one and i put the wrong date lol, then i reposted and you are the first to reply!
    ahh ok, we are all travelling from geelong, near melbourne. i have a friend living in london but she isnt going on the tour!
    Yeah we definitely should catch up for a drink in london! we are there almost the same time! xxx

Default_avatar

oh ok…yer I know Geelong…i’m originally from Melbourne myself =)

I’ll be staying at the Royal national when i get to london, and aparently they have a good pub or something across the road, so yer, we’ll get our other tour members together and have a pre-tour drink or 2 =)
    I am THAT excited!!

• 1 Jun 2011 ashlee said

ashlee

ahhh great!
    well we are staying at the Imperial Hotel for 4 nights then the Royal national the night before and after the tour! pretty sure the imperial is only down the road!
    hahaah yep definitely a pre- tour drink is on the cards!!
    seriously im having dreams at night about it! im so excited, im working so hard to save all my pennies!!!!

• 13 Jul 2011 Caitlin said

Caitlin

Hey girls!
    Im going on this tour too… im going solo so im a little nervous and would love to know some ppl wen i get to london and before the tour starts!!
    This tour is going to be sooooo good!!!

• 14 Jul 2011 ashlee said

ashlee

hey caity! you have facebook?? xxx i cant wait!!

• 14 Jul 2011 Cecilia_21 said

Default_avatar

Hey Caity!
    Awesome to hear there is one more person travelling with us! Where are you from? And how much time will be in London before the tour starts?

• 15 Jul 2011 Caitlin said

Caitlin

Yay! im getting very excited.
    I’m from Brisbane!
    I get into london on the 30th of August… havent decided where im staying yet. where are you guys staying?

• 29 Jul 2011 Cecilia_21 said

Default_avatar

Royal National seems to be the goer aye…or the Imperial i think its called??

Its getting sooooo close now i cant wait!!!!

• 29 Jul 2011 Jansen22 said

Jansen22

Hi guys!! My name is Jansen I’m travelling alone. I get it to London the 31st and staying at the embassy till our tour starts. I’m from California hoping to meet some of my tour mates before it starts.

• 1 Aug 2011 Melissa said

Default_avatar

Hi All,
    I’m on this one too! Caity I’m travelling solo as well, glad I’m not the only one, I’m a bit nervous too :-)
    I’m gonna be in London from the 29th, staying at the Royal National the night before the tour starts. Would love to meet people before we head off!

• 2 Aug 2011 Wolfman87 said

Wolfman87

Greetings fellow travellers :)
    I’ll be doing this tour as well and am pretty pumped!!
    I’m from the Gold Coast and will be travelling with one other friend. We arrive in London on August 29th and staying 4 nights at the Royal National.
    A few of you have mentioned pre-tour drinks? – I reckon thats a great idea. Will be good to meet you all and get set for this trip of a lifetime. Bring it on!

• 2 Aug 2011 Caitlin said

Caitlin

Hey Guys! How excited are we all getting?!
    I just had dinner with my friend who just got back from doing this exact tour… she had the best time of her life!!!
    I definitely think London predrinks are a great idea! cant wait to meet you all in person! :)

• 4 Aug 2011 Cecilia_21 said

Default_avatar

May the countdown begin…have you all received your tickets and stuff yet???

• 6 Aug 2011 Wolfman87 said

Wolfman87

Hey no I’ll be picking mine up from Flight Centre next week I think. Did u book all ur stuff on ur own Cecilia or did u do it thru an agency?
    Also whats everyone doing regarding phonecalls whilst in europe?? When I went to the USA 3yrs ago I just did International Roaming and it was pretty straightforward. But I’ve heard with Europe its not as straightforward and a lot of ppl use phonecards of somesort…..thoughts?

• 6 Aug 2011 Caitlin said

Caitlin

What is the ticket thing? I picked up a little contiki document wallet thing the other day from the travel agent – im assuming thats it?
    Also, i was planning to jst get a international phone sim card – or at least look into them… But id appreciate knowing other ppls thoughts/plans for phonecalls too.

• 7 Aug 2011 Cecilia_21 said

Default_avatar

Hey Wolfman87, I booked mine through an agency…heaps bettert that way.
    I’ve got what they call a Travel Sim…its an international sim card you can get…i’m going to give that a go, and then put my phone on roaming as well, just in case the sim doesnt work. Worst case, i’ll just get a phone card and make calls from the hotel or a phone booth when i’m over there. Just keep in mind, if you guys have IPhones, make sure you get your data roaming switched off aswell…it will cost you an absolute fortune if you use it whilst overseas…
    Cant believe its like just over 3 weeks to go before we set off on this amazing adventure!!!! Is anyone planning any London sightseeing for before the tour?

• 8 Aug 2011 Explorer1259694 said

Default_avatar

Hey all, I’m Caleb from tas, depart 2nd sep on contrasts. Is that the tour you guys are on? We are staying at royal national and arrive London 31st so will be ready to rock n roll. I’m hearing that taking your own mobile is pretty expensive but would it more convenient….. Any thoughts

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion