Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going on Grand Southern (LA-NY) Jan12 2012?

31 May 2011 Monty asked

Default_avatar

Hey all.

Im a solo traveller doing the Grand Southern (LA-NY) starting Jan 12 2012. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the trip. May as well start getting to know people now :D

• 11 Jun 2011 cabrey said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m pretty sure I’m doing this tour and this is the date that we start!
    Where abouts are you travelling from?

Chloe

• 13 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

I’m from Melbourne, I’ll be travelling around the States for a couple of weeks before the tour starts. I think I get into LA a couple of days before the tour starts..

Where are you travelling from?

Monty.

• 14 Jun 2011 cabrey said

Default_avatar

Awesome!
    Coming from Adelaide. We get in a few days before the tour starts as well so we can do a bit of sight seeing in LA.

• 14 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

Sounds great. Cant wait for it all to start. It’s a long wait though :(

Default_avatar

Tell me about it! I booked it back in march or something, longest wait ever! Wanted to head over sooner but uni holidays didn’t really work out with any other tour. Have you done much travelling before?

• 14 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

I did the same, booked in March, wanted to go for their summer but I couldnt because of uni.

Ive been to SE Asia a few times with family, mostly Bali, and I’ve been to Europe with friends. This will be my first trip “alone”, even though I know I’ll be meeting plenty of people on tour :D

Have you travelled before?

Default_avatar

Wicked, me and my friend who’ll be travelling with me wanted to do europe but it’ll be winter, so we’re planning on doing that once uni is finished.
    I’ve been to east timor with school back in the day, and did a tour in new zealand last year so pretty excited for this one as it’ll be so far away from home! Yeah I was always hesitant at the thought of travelling alone, but after seeing how good a time all the solo travellers had on the trip last year I don’t think it would be so bad now!

• 14 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

Yeah, good call on Europe. I did it in winter and it was soooo cold!!!

Default_avatar

Yeah and the greek islands are closed! not cool

• 14 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

Yeah, very true, thats one of the things that I wanted to do but I couldnt do. Some parts of Europe are nice in winter though, so I’m hoping it will be the same in the States.

• 21 Jun 2011 Pup said

Pup

Heya! I’ll be coming along with you on the grand southern, looks like a pretty sweet trip. It will be my first trip oversea’s so i’ll be pretty nervous!! Can’t wait though.

Justin
  • 22 Jun 2011 cabrey said

Default_avatar

Oh you’re gonna love travelling!!! As soon as I got back last year I wanted to go again! Are you travelling solo?

Chloe

• 22 Jun 2011 Pup said

Pup

I’m looking forward to it, but its a long wait yet!! Yeah at this stage i’ll be going by myself, unless i can find someone soon :) where did you go last time? Where are you living at the moment?

• 22 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

Hey Justin, welcome aboard.

Yeah, you will love travelling. Once you travel you will always be wanting to go again.

Travelling solo is the way to go, unless you are really comfortable with the people you are travelling with. Ive travelled with friends before, and even though we had been friends for a while, you still learn things about them that you may not want to know. Living and travelling together is alot different to seeing your mates a few times a week.

This is why im travelling solo this time :D I’m just gonna meet new freinds and not have to worry about coming home and dealing with strained relationships.

Monty.

• 23 Jun 2011 cabrey said

Default_avatar

I was in NZ travelling around for about 3 weeks last year, so this is going to be a really big trip compared to that! We’re doing a hawaiian stopover on the way back too, which I seriously cannot wait for! I’m living in Adelaide at the moment for uni which sucks cos at the moment its exam time!!
    Are you working? Studying?
    Yes, true to being different to seeing your mates a few times a week but its still heaps good fun travelling with a friend :) although strained realtionships would be a bit of a downer for the end of your trip :(

• 23 Jun 2011 Jill said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone, its nice to see people who are going on the Grand Southern on the 12th Jan woooo!
    Im a Uni student from Sydney who is going on uni exchange to the US until late December, so this tour will be my last bit of travelling before I leave.
    This will also be my first time travelling solo, but im excited to be travelling independently and making new friends!!!! :D
    I think this tour will be a good one to do in winter! I will be doing the Eastern Escapade in August and I found that making a facebook group was easier for people, so i thought i would make one for this!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_213404465364112

Only another 6 and a bit months to go haha :P

Jill

• 9 Jul 2011 Jennifermoore said

Default_avatar

I’m going on my own too 12th jan 2012 :)

• 9 Jul 2011 Jennifermoore said

Default_avatar

I’ve requested to join the fb group x

• 30 Aug 2011 Explorer1281159 said

Default_avatar

Hey, me and a friend should be coming on this tour too :) (provided we both have enough money)
    I requested to join the facebook group too

- Harry
  • 31 Aug 2011 Carlos Marrufo said

Carlos Marrufo

Hey everyone,

I’ve been seriously thinking about touring the USA around this time too! I’m from Mexico and have been to California but never anywhere else and would love to explore the USA…hows the winter time going to affect the tour???

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.