Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Impressions 26th Sept 2011- Who's coming?

2 Jun 2011 Alessandra asked

Alessandra

Hi there,
my name is Alessandra and I will be on the 18 day European Impressions tour departing from London on the 26th of September! Just wanting to know who else is going to be partying with me :D Can't wait!

• 2 Jun 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Alessandra,
    My name is Tara and I will be on this trip too!! Happy to see someone else will be there! I’m from Montreal, Canada and this will be my second European Contiki trip. The first one I did was awesome!!! Can’t wait to go again. Where are you from?

• 3 Jun 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

Hi Tara :)
    thanks for replying and fantastic to see that you will be on the same tour as me! This is my first Contiki trip…haven’t travelled much before, well not on my own anyway…I’m from Italy…however I’ve been calling Australia home for the past 10 years (Melbourne)! Sooo excited about this trip! :) Are you travelling on ur own too?

• 7 Jun 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

Cool, I’m also travelling on my own. I will be flying into London on the 24th of Sept. What about you? I guess that means that you speak Italian, that will help when we are in Italy. I can speak French which will be great in France! I can’t wait until I can leave for this trip, just over 3 months to wait now!!! How old are you? I’m 29 years old.

• 8 Jun 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

Awesome! :) I will be in Vienna for a week and half to attend a work conference and then I will arrive in London in the morning of the 25th of Sept! Great news that u can speak French! That will help heaps! Yes I do speak Italian fluently and I also know a little bit of Spanish…now we have to find someone who speaks German and we are set! hahahaha! I will be turning 25 next month :) I have sent u a private msg with my email and facebook so we can keep in touch :)

• 26 Jun 2011 Adrian-Cape Town-SA said

Adrian-Cape Town-SA

I’m in too. Just booked last week. So excited, can’t wait. I’m from Cape Town, South Africa.

• 26 Jun 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

Yay, someone else is joining us!!! Is this your first contiki trip? It’s less than three months to go now!!! When are you arriving in London?

Adrian-Cape Town-SA

Hi,

Yes, it’s my first Contiki..

I’m arriving in London on the Friday, 23 Sept. Staying at the Imperial. And then staying on for a couple more days after the tour. You? What are your plans?

Adrian-Cape Town-SA

Oh sorry, my bad.

I’m booked on Inspirations, not this one – leaving the same day. See you at the hotel :)

• 30 Jun 2011 Ashlee said

Ashlee

Hi guys. I’m coming on this trip too! I’m so excited, but a little anxious. This will be my first time overseas and I’m coming by myself! Can’t wait. Would love to keep in contact. Ashlee.

• 30 Jun 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Ashlee,
    It’s less than three months to go now, I am getting really excited now. Where are you from? My last contiki trip was my first big trip on my own and was really nervous, but ended up having a blast!!! Everyone was so kind and many of us were in the same boat, going alone! When do you arrive in London, maybe we can meet up before the tour meeting or go for dinner after it.
    Tara

• 30 Jun 2011 Ashlee said

Ashlee

Hi Tara. I’m from a country location near Adelaide, South Australia. I’ve got no idea what to pack etc! I’ll try add you to facebook.
    Ashlee.

• 1 Jul 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Ashlee, I would pack a bit of everything as it will be the fall. The northern areas of europe might be a bit cold and in switzerland you will need warmer clothes for going up the alps. When we are in Italy, Nice and Spain it will probably be quite warm. Last year I went to Europe in August and it was warm everywhere and we had great weather, I hope it will be the same again this year!!!
    Tara

• 2 Jul 2011 Ashlee said

Ashlee

Thanks Tara! Great advice. I tried finding you on facebook but it’s just too tricky!! Do we have a facebook group for our trip that we could all get onto? So excited! One of my friends just came back from Contiki and loved it, so now I can’t wait!

• 2 Jul 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

I don’t think anyone has created a facebook group for our trip yet, but it would probably be a good idea so that more people can join up. I’ve never created one before, have you? We could call it European Impressions August 26, 2011 if you like? Glad to hear that your friend have a great time on their trip. I am really looking forward to this trip, should be fun. What are you looking forward to seeing and doing?

• 4 Jul 2011 Ashlee said

Ashlee

I can’t wait to do it all! I honestly haven’t had a great deal of time to even think about it yet. I’m a teacher, and have been very busy! So I can’t wait to just relax and have a great time.

• 5 Jul 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

I know what you mean. I’Ve been very busy working at my local hospital. I am a health information manager there and also working on a research project for the largest children’s hospital in Canada. Most of my colleagues are going on holidays since our summer has now arrived, I’m waiting until september because of this trip, can’t wait!!! :) What do you teach? We will definitely have a great time, I just hope our tour manager and driver are as awesome as my last ones!! I created a topic on the contiki holiday page, maybe that will help you find me! About 12 weeks to go!

• 6 Jul 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

Hi Ashlee! :) Great to see that you are coming too! I’m from Australia too :) but I’m from Melbourne! Can’t wait for this trip! sooo excited! Do you have facebook?…Ill private msg you my details so you can add me if you want :) I’ve already added Tara as well! :D :D :D

• 19 Jul 2011 paul84 said

paul84

Hey everyone, my name is Paul and im travelling solo on my first ever contiki tour. Im from Melbourne, Australia and looking forward to this trip. Im leaving the country on the 15th September to fly to Muich for Oktoberfest and meeting a few mates there that are already in Europe. Then im travelling to the Greek Islands spending 5 nights hopping around the islands, then back to London on the 25th a night before the contiki tour. After the tour im spending 3 nights in London for some R & R : )

• 19 Jul 2011 JodieCartwright said

JodieCartwright

hey, i will also be coming on this tour, it is my first time on a contiki, i’m very excited, but a bit nervous, i’m travelling alone and i’m from Victoria Australia.

• 19 Jul 2011 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Paul and Jodie,

Great that more people are coming!!! Its just over two months away now! This is my second contiki and the first one was so much fun! What are you looking forward to seeing most? How old are you? Maybe we can all meet up before the tour meeting on the 25th to do some siteseeing in London?

Tara

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion