Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Staying in London for week before tour

28 Feb 2008 Jackie said

Default_avatar
Hello!

I am going on the European Adventurer on May23, but I am going to be staying in London on my own for a week before the departure date. Right now I am looking for good hostels to stay at... does anyone have any advice on London Hostels? I've read reviews on so many that it's hard to tell the good ones from the bad. I would also be really appreciative on any advice on singles traveling London, I'm 18 years old and this is my first time traveling alone.
Thanks!
Jackie
  • 28 Feb 2008 PJ said

Default_avatar

Hey Jackie! I’m on the same tour as you!! Less than three months to go!

I’m arriving a few days early as well, I get to London early morning Tuesday 20th, then have the next few days before the tour.

I havent really made too may plans yet, but i thought i would probably stay at the contiki hotel (Grand National?) and hopefully meet some people and just chill out ahead of the trip!

If you want, feel free to email me at pmikronis@hotmail.com

Or if you’re on facebook, you can add me here… http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=paul+mikronis&init=q

I’m Paul by the way, from Melbourne.

Anyway, good to hear from you and hope to catch up with you soon!

• 28 Feb 2008 Dale_1986 said

Dale_1986

hey jackie,

im also doing a week on my own before tour in london. im staying at a hostel called astor quest. its opposite hyde park, and i’ve heard good things about it. it looks clean and had positive reviews written about it. you just need to bite the bullet and book one like i did. haha, hope this helps

Dale

• 10 Mar 2008 Jackie said

Default_avatar

Thanks for your replies!
    Dale: I remember looking at that hostel, it looks pretty good. When are you going to be staying there?
    Paul: I can’t wait for our tour! I will probably see you at the National the night before the trip! Have you started preparing for it yet?

• 10 Mar 2008 Dale_1986 said

Dale_1986

hey jackie,

im going to be staying there for a week in august, before my ultimate european starts. if you stay there let me know how it is Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> haha

cheers
    Dale

• 11 Mar 2008 PJ said

Default_avatar

Hey Jackie! Yeah, cant wait! Just over two months to go now!!!

I havent really spend too much time getting ready for the contiki just yet, but i’m planning on staying on in london, and some more travel afterwards, so i’ve been busy getting my application together for a working holiday visa!

Thats nearly done now, so soon I will be able to concentrate on all the exciting stuff!

I’m travelling alone too, and havent been to Europe or London before so i’m pretty pumped up about it!

Just trying to get through the next couple of months at work….. hehe.

Anyway, catch up with you soon!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion