Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer March17-2012

4 Jun 2011 aussiebear asked

Default_avatar

Who's heading off to Europe for the Winter Wanderer in March 2012? My first time to Europe and i'm going with my best mate. Soooo excited!!!! :D

• 9 Jun 2011 Leana said

Leana

hi aussiebear
    i’m heading off on this tour too! will be my first time in europe too! i can’t wait!
    cheers L x

• 9 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Hi Aussiebear and Lelevh! I’m on board as well! Coming with my partner – its out first time anywhere in Europe and we are super excited! We are from Auckland, New Zealand – which part of the world are you from?

Kim

• 10 Jun 2011 Leana said

Leana

Hi Kim
    I’m from Melbourne but actually lived in Auckland for about 9 years! Which part are you from?
    I’m travelling solo on the trip… a bit scary but exciting!
    L x

• 10 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Hi Lelevh,
    I’m from the North Shore – don’t worry about travelling solo – I hear heaps of people do it! Plus we \‘ll have heaps of friends by the time we even leave with this forum! Have you booked yet? We are just waiting to hear back if our annual leave request’s will be accepted (prreeetty sure they will be) – then we’ll be whipping out the credit card and laying down a deposit!
    Kim :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Leana said

Leana

Ha where on the North Shore? I use to live in Torbay!

Yep I spoke to my work early and told them I’m planning to do a trip and they are ok with it. I have booked the Contiki tours, doing the London Explorer before the Winter Wanderer, my flights and just need to finalise accommodation for after my tour in London and Dubai tours and accommodation. Its all very exciting!
    L x

• 10 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Awesome! We are just in Forrest Hill! We are also coming to London before the Winter Wanderer – should be arriving on Saturday 10th – will be very jetlagged haha! Figure its a good idea to have a few days to get aquanted with the time zone before embarking on the hard and fast Contiki! What is the advantage of doing the London Explorer vs exploring it by yourself? They organise the accomodation right?

• 10 Jun 2011 Leana said

Leana

I think I’m arriving on the Tuesday before. Well I figured since I’m going by myself might as well do that before but staying the Imperial not Royal National. (The Imperial you can get single rooms). It included a couple of things like train tickets, show and Stonehenge.

Do you know which airline your flying with?

• 10 Jun 2011 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

Hi all, myself and my sister are also going on this tour. It shall be ur first time to Europe, we plan on arriving on the 12th March oh and we live in Port Hedland, Western Australia :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Hi Emma, nice to “meet” you! Are you going to be doing some exploring in London before the trip?

Lelevh – I’m looking at flying Singapore airlines – they are reasonable price, and I’ve heard pretty good things about them. I’ve been looking at Webjet which compares the main airlines. What are your flight plans?

• 10 Jun 2011 Leana said

Leana

I have gone through a travel agent which I think have booked through Contiki, they seem to have the best deals. I am flying with Emirates and doing a stopover in Dubai. I figure since I am already flying that far might as well stop over and see another country I’m interested in.

• 10 Jun 2011 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

Yes my sister and I shall be exploring London before hand. Then after the trip we are hoping to go to Edinburgh, Ireland, Disneyland Paris and then a stopover in Dubai on the way home. But everything is up in the air at the moment, because my sister keeps changing her mind on what she wants to do! (i.e. I want to go to Disneyland.. a stopover in Singapore… blah.. blah.. blah..) lol. We have booked and paid for the Winter Wanderer but everything else is well un-organized, I have re-written our itinerary numerous times. We are hoping to finalize it tonight, then on Monday go to the travel agent and organize flights, so exciting! :D

• 10 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

I just investigated Disneyland Paris…to get the train from London and get into the park for 2 people was bordering on 500 NZD!! Hmm might leave that one… Does Contiki send you more information about the tour once you have booked?

• 11 Jun 2011 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

I didn’t receive any more information once we booked…. and I don’t think we will receive anything else until we receive our documents closer to our departure date… although I could be wrong.

• 12 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Yay we got our leave approved today! So excited. Do you think we should start up a Facebook page?

• 14 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Just booked – the person I talked to said the tour is more than 2/3rds full!

• 14 Jun 2011 Leana said

Leana

Hi Kim, I reckon maybe start a Facebook page, I have seen a few other groups set one up.

That’s exciting that the tour is filling up!!!

• 15 Jun 2011 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

Oh how exciting!! Great to see it’s filling up!! My sister and I booked our flights yesterday :)

• 15 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Cool Emma! What airline did you go with?

I’ll get onto the Facebook page tonight :)

Did you guys take the extra Gold Seal Protection?

• 15 Jun 2011 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

Emirates :)

• 15 Jun 2011 Leana said

Leana

Are you doing a stopover in Dubai Emma?

Kim – I took out gold seal protection and insurance through my travel agent

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.