Community_discussions_small  

Comment

F/book Group for Wild Western/LA to Bay 17/08/11

5 Jun 2011 Matt said

Default_avatar

Hey all,

I have created a Facebook group for the Wild Western, LA to the Bay and Western Highlights tours departing August 17, 2011. Those joining in Vegas on the California Highlights tour on August 23 will also be part of these tours. Thought it might be a great alternative way to meet fellow travelers before hand, and to keep in touch and share photos afterwards.
Here is the link: - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179299245459493

Matt

• 6 Jun 2011 Louise06 said

Louise06

Im doing the Wild Western departing on the 17/8/11… :) Cant wait! I couldnt find the FB group but I can only access FB on my phone, so its not the best sometimes…Should be a really good tour.

• 6 Jun 2011 Matt said

Default_avatar

Hey Swanee06,

Glad to see some more people popping up for this tour. I checked the dates on the site and its a full tour, so definitely should be fun. Where abouts are you departing from? My wife and I are from Adelaide and are getting into LA 3 days beforehand and seeing some sights.
    There are a lot of Conitki facebook groups for tours, so if your only option to find it is to search through facebook, it could be hard to find. Here is the full facebook group name -

Contiki USA Wild Western, LA to the Bay, Western Highlights 17/08/2011

Hope this helps.

Matt

Louise06

Thanks…Ive tried finding people doing this tour on the Contiki website, its a struggle, sooo many discussions going on, its confusing haha! Yeh my friend told me awhile ago that it was a full tour so theres going to be close to 50 people for the whole time…Im travelling solo!
    Im from Adelaide as well :) Im arriving a week beforehand, checking out some of the sights and Disneyland :) My previous Contiki tours that Ive done there’s always been 1 or 2 other people from Adelaide and thats it, everyones from Melb or Sydney haha…

• 6 Jun 2011 Matt said

Default_avatar

LOL thats why I started the facebook group. It really is time consuming sifting through all the discussions. Thought it might be a good, more centralized place for people to find other people doing the same tour. Glad to see someone else from Adelaide is going! :) We’re opting for Universal Stuidos instead of Disneyland. Just not enough time to do both and see other parts of LA :( What other Contiki tours have you done? This is our first one. Went to NZ a few years ago but that was self guided for 5 weeks.

Louise06

Go the Adelaidians… :) haha. Im doing a 4 day pass at disneyland, a half day of tour of LA, see all the main tourist sites and then a full day tour of Universal Studios, after the tour I have a free day so Im doing Warner Bros Studio then… Then flying to NY for 5 nights and then ending my holiday in Hawaii, my mate is meeting there, so Im looking forward to that… I went to Europe for 5 weeks by myself when I was 18, that was awhile ago and I went to New Zealand for 3 weeks with a mate at the beginning of the Year… So im a Veteran with Contiki, as this will be my third one!! There really good cos pretty much everything is organised for you and you travel with people around the same age :) Ive been pretty lucky, bth my past tours, ive met really nice people and the Tour manager and Driver have been great, so fingers crossed third time lucky!!!

• 7 Jun 2011 Matt said

Default_avatar

Sounds like you’ve got a pretty busy schedule on your hands, and who wouldn’t! Gotta make the most of it. We’re staying on in San Fran for two extra nights, so hopefully be able to hang out with the rest of the tour buds on the free days there. Then we’re off to NY also for 8 nights before heading straight back home :(. We’re doing the full day VIP tour at Universal Studios the day after we get into LA on the 15th and then probably hop on the bus to Santa Monica and Venice Beach the next day. Might try and catch the Hollywood Walk of Fame etc the first afternoon we arrive, though I think someone wants to do some shopping when we get there :). Hopefully it will be a case of third time lucky for the tour and that that luck rubs off on us LOL

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion