Community_discussions_small  

Question

Getting to hotel: Athens

5 Jun 2011 Ash asked

Default_avatar

Anyone got any advice on the best way to get from athens airport to the hotel for greek island hopping? Should i book a transfer?

• 5 Jun 2011 Krystle39 said

Krystle39

Im not sure if your hotel is the same one I stayed in when I did Road To athens in 2008 but there is a train that goes between the airport and athens itself. I cant remember if the train is part of the athens metro line or if its a seperate system but I do know u can jump from the train tp the athens metro at a shared station. It was 10 euros when I used it

• 5 Jun 2011 Malc said

Default_avatar

I did this tour last year in August, there is a train service that runs to get there which was apparently pretty efficient from what the others told me who I met on the tour. I actually got a taxi from the airport to the hotel and I got a taxi back as well at the end of the tour since my next flight onto Spain was quite early. Some taxi drivers can try to rip you off, as they don’t really do it by the meter like they do here, roughly it should cost say 30 – 50 euro depending on who you get. Both trips for me cost around 30, I talked to the drivers and gave them a laugh attempting to speak Greek out of my translation book. I assume they liked me which is why they didn’t try to overcharge me too much. Another thing I did that helped was also establish at the start of the ride how much it would roughly cost before we left, can never be too careful. Definitely more expensive than the train but for me was well worth it. Either way you’ll have a blast, this tour was AMAZING, sooo much fun, I went all over Europe and if there was one place I’d go back to, it would be these islands. Hope this helped and wasn’t too long winded.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion