Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer 27th Dec 2011. Who else is going?

5 Jun 2011 Hana87 asked

Hana87

Hi guys!
I've just booked my Winter Wanderer trip from 27th Dec to 19th of January. I'm traveling solo and excited to meet some other people doing the same tour!
I'm from Ballarat, a town about an hour outside of Melbourne in Australia!
:) Can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!!

• 9 Jun 2011 Nodnew11 said

Nodnew11

I am!! How exciting!
    My boyfriend and I will be on this tour, both from the Northern beaches in Sydney, Australia!
    Now…what to pack… :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Hana87 said

Hana87

How exciting!
    Packing is going to be tough, hey? Will leave that right til the last minute probably.
    Are you guys going to be around before and after the tour, or just going for the tour?
    Booking so early sucks a bit, because I’m excited to go now! :)

• 24 Jun 2011 JJ said

Default_avatar

Hey guys. I’ve just booked my Winter Wanderer trip from 27th Dec to 19th of January. I’m traveling solo, and cant wait. Only 6 months to go! I am thinking of sticking around in London for a bit after the tour ends, because I really would like to see the city, and I cant go all the way to Europe and not see London!

• 27 Jun 2011 Hana87 said

Hana87

Hi JJ!
    Where are you from?
    I am going to be in London for the 4 days after the tour, fly out late on Monday 23rd January. Hoping to see all the touristy stuff like Stonehenge and go to Bath and things like that. Also, I get there at lunch time on Boxing Day, so will be hanging out solo for a day! :)
    6 months to go! So excited!!!!

• 27 Jun 2011 Nodnew11 said

Nodnew11

JJ- we will be around for the day after the tour, because it will be my 20th birthday :) then going south to meet my British boyfriends relatives.
    Hana- we will be there on boxing day too!

• 27 Jun 2011 Kingcvm said

Kingcvm

Hey guys Im kinda debating on what tour to select? Why did you pick this one?

• 27 Jun 2011 JJ said

Default_avatar

Hana87/ Nodnew11-I am from Cape Town, South Africa. I will be flying in to meet up in with the group in Paris on the 27th, so I wont be around on boxing day. But I will defiantly be staying in London for a couple of days after to see big Ben, and do other tourist stuff before heading off to visit relatives further north.

Kingcvm- I picked this one because it fits in the best with my holidays, and gives me time to stay in England afterwards before Uni starts, and its supposed to be less crowded than the summer tours, so less lines to wait in to see the main attractions ( Eiffel tower, Louvre, etc ).

• 27 Jun 2011 Kingcvm said

Kingcvm

I just can’t seem to pull the trigger. I keep reading things like…hotels in major cities are 40 mins away from the city, tour guides begging for tips all the time, crappy food, etc. Then some people say they like it so idk what to believe

• 27 Jun 2011 Hana87 said

Hana87

I picked this one because it’s the best Winter Tour. None of the others go to all of the places I wanted to see, the others seem to chop places like Barcelona, Prague and Berlin off. One of my friends did this tour last year and she loved it. Said it was fantastic and didn’t have a bad word to say! I guess it just depends on what fits with you and what you want to see when you go!

I have rellis North too, in York, but I won’t be making any plans to head up there until I get there and sort myself out! :) It’s great to chat to some other people going!

• 28 Jun 2011 JJ said

Default_avatar

Another reason I chose this tour is that the winter wanderer is one of the few tours (in winter) that includes Barcelona, which is a city I really want to see. I know allot of people who have been to Spain, and they all say that it is a fantastic place to visit. Also, the winter wanderer is ‘time out’ tour, so its all in hotels, which are much better than the cabins and hostels that most people complain about on the summer tours. Cant comment on the guides or food until I experience it for myself though.

• 29 Jun 2011 Mills said

Mills

Hey! Yesss only 6 months to go!
    Im also going solo and sooo excited but a little nervous :)
    Im from Melbourne, well about 30 mins out of the CBD and also planning to stay a couple extra days in London afterwards :)

• 29 Jun 2011 Nodnew11 said

Nodnew11

Yay we have a little group going :)

• 12 Jul 2011 kateanddavid said

kateanddavid

-

• 14 Jul 2011 MissLizzy said

MissLizzy
    Hey I’m travelling solo on this tour as well. I’m spending a week in England either Side of the tour.

Oh and I’m from Perth in West Oz
    Lizzy

• 18 Jul 2011 Laura89 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!
    Im also doing this trip with 2 of my girlfriends, we are then staying in london for 12 months to experience soomething diff!
    Hana when do you fly out? Just asking because i am from Sunbury…10 minutes from Melb Airport! Small World

Cant wait to meet everyone!

• 25 Jul 2011 Hana87 said

Hana87

Hi Laura!
    So exciting! 5 months to go! :)
    I depart at 11pm or something on Christmas Day!! When are you guys flying out?
    It would be great to meet some people the day before the tour starts and see a little bit of London! :)
    Does anyone know how much spending/extra money we will need during the tour? I like to have a goal for my saving unless I’ll never get there! :)

• 25 Jul 2011 Mills said

Mills

Oooo its exactly 5 months today!
    I fly out at 10:20 from Melbourne on christmas night so we might run into each other, even though the airport is huge! haha

• 25 Jul 2011 Laura89 said

Default_avatar

5 months today YAY!
    We dont fly out until boxing day night at about 11pm so we dont start the tour in London, we will be joining yu guys in Paris instead!
    Not sure about the money Hana!

• 26 Jul 2011 MissLizzy said

MissLizzy

I leave Perth on the 16th I am coming back from Southampton to London on boxing day to stay at the hotel so I’ll be round to see the sights :)

I am really looking forward to it. I am over budgeting at nearly £100 a day. Eep!!!

• 26 Jul 2011 JJ said

Default_avatar

Hi Laura.
    What time do you arrive in Paris? Just asking because I am also meeting up with the tour in Paris on the 26th, going via Frankfurt.
    As for the money, I am budgeting at about 100 Euro a day. Only 5 months to go!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion