Community_discussions_small  

Question

Going to Beaches & Reefs (reverse) Sept 17th?

6 Jun 2011 AshleyHra asked

AshleyHra

Just looking for other individuals who are going on the Australian Beaches and Reefs in reverse on the leave date of September 17th until October 1st?

• 7 Jun 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

Just messaged you, I’m doing Beaches and Reefs reverse Sept 17th with sailing option.

• 8 Jun 2011 AshleyHra said

AshleyHra

Wahooo :) Looking forward to the future adventures my friend!

• 9 Jun 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

too right, am looking forward to it, Sun, sea, beaches, touring and getting to know people , bring it all on !! Roll on September !! :-))

• 9 Jun 2011 brandon_ said

Default_avatar

guys, I’ve been planning on this particular trip for a while, and am thinking i’m going to try to book it some soon, glad to see other people are out there.

hope to see you out there!

• 9 Jun 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

Great stuff Brandon, hope to see you in September !!

• 10 Jun 2011 AshleyHra said

AshleyHra

Hope to see you out there Brandon! Its going to be a trip we will all never forget! Today i was talking to Contiki. They cancelled a bunch of other Beaches and Reefs trips but this is a 100% garunteed trip, which means they already have had over 25 people book the trip. :D Good Stuff!!! – Im almost all set up to go. I will be leaving Canada Sept 12th 2011, on my way to Waikiki to stay for two days and one night! Then one way to Cairns, Austrailia on the 14th, and i will be landing in Australia on my Birthday! September 16th. What a way to celebrate a birthday!! Cheers!~

• 10 Jun 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

Excellent news, I think that would be a nice size for a tour and hopefully would be less crowded on the coach at least, usually Contiki try to fit on a couple of similar tours but I’m not sure how the system works. You picked a very good time to go out on your birthday , fancy doing a tandem skydive ?? I would be a bag of nerves for that !! Did they say that are the group a mixture of nationalities ??

• 15 Jun 2011 Kylie said

Kylie

Hey guys I just booked on this trip. Im from Oz and I did this trip last year over xmas but started in Sydney first. I booked it again cos its an awesome trip! I will be in Cairns on Thursday 15th =)

• 15 Jun 2011 AshleyHra said

AshleyHra

Glad to hear the trip is awesome :) Ill see you in Australia, ill be touching down on the 16th, my burthday!

• 17 Jun 2011 Kylie said

Kylie

Really how exciting we def taking you out Friday night then I know of some cool places =)
    add me on facebook kylie.mx@hotmail.com

• 17 Jun 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

I should hopefully be landing in Cairns around Friday afternoon before the tour starts on the Saturday 17th. If anyone else would like to add me on facebook or contacts then my email is robsonanthony@hotmail.com Roll on September am very much looking forward to be visiting Australia !!

• 18 Jun 2011 AshleyHra said

AshleyHra

Added both of you! :) Pleasure to meet you both, cant wait for this adventure ahead of us. Septmeber isnt coming soon enough :)

• 18 Jun 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

It’ll come sooner than you think ;-) thanks for adding

• 21 Jun 2011 Kylie said

Kylie

12weeks and counting! =)

• 21 Jun 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

Yup, starting to save up those aussie dollars already although being easier said than done. Hopefully the weather should be good by September, It’s just the start of their Summer right?? Looking forward to see the beaches and areas. WhitSunday’s shoud be amazing as well. and also Surfer’s paradise.

• 21 Jun 2011 AshleyHra said

AshleyHra

Iv been researching the weather and it looks like September/October is the start of spring but much hotter in the queensland areas :) Just “checked in” for the Contiki Tour, hoping to meet more people coming on the trip with us! Ahhhhhh tooooo excited. I need to set up Australia bank accounts today for my year stay!!! :D

Anthony_UK

Great stuff, so lots of suncream and aftersun to pack then I could do with workin on a tan while I’m out there, plenty of time for that on the beaches I guess. I’m trying to set up a travel pre paid debit card, which is safer than just carrying heaps of hard earned and seved up cash for your hols. Basically when you have it you can activate it online and then just load it up with the cash that has been saved. Then when in Australia you can just draw the money out of the ATMs, quite handy I reckon.

• 21 Jun 2011 AshleyHra said

AshleyHra

Theres so much to do and so little time! I think im going to do travellers cheques. If you lose them they can be replaced. I will also have my Australian Bank Account set up for after the Contiki Tour so i can get work started up :) Im barely going with any cash, just some American Money for when i am in Hawaii. Are you bringing suitcases or backpacks? Or both? lol, i havnt decided what im going to do yet with that. I want to make sure i dont over pack. You know us ladies like to bring our hair straighteners and all that jazz with us. LOL, theres no need for those when it will be humid as hell out though! :) ahhhhhhhhh so excited :D ANy other tips you have for me??

Anthony_UK

lol, none that I can think of at the moment. Just taking what I need, very nice handy suitcase and backpack for me, that’s it.

• 22 Jun 2011 Kylie said

Kylie

Its the start of Summer in QLD pretty much, I’m from a country town inland so its much colder here than on the coast. soon as we hit noosa & fraser island it will be a lil colder than cairns & whitsundays like mid 20’s (degress) pack lots of sunscreen lol I’m taking a suitcase I found it much eaiser when checking into the hotels=) Ashley were bouts are you heading after the trip?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.