Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ocktoberfest in Munich

12 Jun 2011 Explorer~1987 asked

Explorer~1987

I'm doing the European Experience in September and want to go to Oktoberfest.

~ Is there enough time while in Munich to go to Oktoberfest?
~ Can someone tell me how much it is to get there?
~ Also how much is it to get in?
~ And do a lot of people on the Contiki tours usually go to Oktoberfest while they are there?

• 20 Jul 2011 DDay said

DDay

Hi There,
    What contiki are you doing??
    Danni.

• 20 Jul 2011 eliseaussieedmo said

eliseaussieedmo

I also want to knopw this as I’m there whilst I’m on the european escopade.

• 10 Aug 2011 drifter82 said

drifter82

it is free to get in the campgrounds only will be payin for transport and food/beer. and beset transport is he u-bahn will be cheap and probably fastest way

• 15 Aug 2011 Rhychelle said

Rhychelle

the European Experience i am doing offers this as an additional option but not sure how much it would be to do on your own etc. what dates are you goin?

• 16 Aug 2011 DDay said

DDay

definitly do it! will be worth it. even if its just for the experience.
    Im on the euro experience leaving on the 12th of sept.

• 17 Aug 2011 CharlesF-M said

CharlesF-M

The Bavarian Beer hall optional for the European Whirl was not an available option when I went last year but really who needs it when you have 14 to choose from for free!

It is free to get in. Your tour bus usually drops you off about 1.5km away. Our trip we were dropped off at about 3:30 and were offered that if we wanted to go back at 8:30 or so a pick-up. Face it how much Beer and Knuckle can you handle in a day.

Word to the wise, go to the fair first before the beer halls, also most of the halls clear out around 6 for a second sitting, it is a good time to get a “seat”.

If you want an amazing photo there is a statue with about 300 stairs that overseas the whole grounds if you have a few spare Euros.

According to the website a Litre of beer this year will be between 8.70€ and 9.20€ and 7€ for non-alcoholic water. Also having reservations help.

• 17 Aug 2011 Wolfman87 said

Wolfman87

Hi Charles
    Do you have to have a reservation if you go to Oktoberfest on a saturday? I’ve heard its busier then. Or are you still able to get there in the middle of the day and be able to find a seat in one of the tents.
    If you do need a reservation- what is the best way to get one?
    Thanks

• 17 Aug 2011 yoonsil said

Default_avatar

i wanna know about Octoberfest.
    i’ll go european experience in Sept 19th.
    and i heard that bavarian beer hall and octoberfest is different activity, in similar time

Is there someone to go with me?

• 23 Aug 2011 Bigfoot1972 said

Bigfoot1972

The saturday is crazy indeed, and should be avoided if you are flexible. This year will be my 8th visit to the Oktoberfest and it’s getting busier every year. If saturday is your only option you should wait in line from about 8AM. You will not be able to get a reservation.

Better is to go during weekdays, around noon you can still find empty tables, and if you arrive later, you can always squeeze in somewhere.

I will be there from wednesday sept. 21 until saturday sept. 24. If anyone likes to have a beer together, let me know!

• 18 Aug 2012 Oliver said

Oliver

Hi my names Oliver and I’m going on the September 6th European experience. It ends on the 27th of sep, and I want to go to Octoberfest in Germany but I dont know how to get there or anything about it. Some help and info would be greatly appriciated. thank you

• 20 Aug 2012 Maik said

Maik

Hey Oliver,

your European experience tour ends in London. Either book a Contiki Oktoberfest tour (starts in London). Or go on your own by booking a flight + accommodation.
    but keep in mind that hotels in Munich raise their prices during Oktoberfest up to 800%.

Whatever you decide: Book asap. It’s only 1 month away.

I live in Munich. If anyone likes to have a beer together, let me know!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.