Community_discussions_small  

Question

First and last night hotel?

6 Nov 2009 TravelGirl asked

Default_avatar
Im planning on booking my first contiki trip for July 2010 (European Panorama) and it says that only 28 days are accomodated of the 30. Does that mean I need to book the first night hotel/hostel and meet up with my tour the next day? and same with the end?

HELP!
Thanks!
  • 6 Nov 2009 Clare said

Clare

The European Panorama is only a 28 day tour, not 30. If you wanted to arrive in London early or stay later it is up to you to sort out accomodation.

• 6 Nov 2009 TravelGirl said

Default_avatar

how come it says 30 days in the magazine then? 30 days from $158/day?

So then my question is.. when a tour starts on july 2 lets say on the website..then i have to be there before that, not fly that day..

I know stupid question haha

• 6 Nov 2009 Rezuri said

Default_avatar

Yeah, you’ll have to fly out the day before (unless it says that they’ve allotted a “travel day” as part of the tour).

• 6 Nov 2009 Clare said

Clare

In my brochure the ‘European Panorama’ is 28 days, same as on the website. http://contiki.com.au/tours/123-european-panorama

There is also no tour that starts on July 2 in my Europe brochure or on the website.

Are you sure you are looking at the European Panorama?

• 7 Nov 2009 TravelGirl said

Default_avatar

sorry I meant July 3. I see online now that you are supposed to fly july 3 and from canada (where Im from) you arrive the next day (4th) in the AM. And on that day they provide the hotel.

I wanted to arrive early, but just two nights. But it would cost so much extra to fly on a non common flight and id have to pay for two nights at the hostel because im not staying the sat. but i am the friday. (if that makes sense-double price for weekend)

I think ive deceided to arrive on time and stay later. Then id be in london mid week. (cheeper for the hostel in the week) and I’ll find a flight mid week.

Booking soon! yay!

• 8 Nov 2009 Clare said

Clare

Oh I think I understand about all the confusion now.
    The Contiki brochure is a bit different for Canadians isn’t it? Because on my Australian one the first tour in July is the 5th.

• 10 Nov 2009 PinaI said

PinaI

I think American and Canadian brochures allow an extra day for “travel” whereas the Australian ones don’t.

• 10 Nov 2009 TravelGirl said

Default_avatar

yaa because it takes forever to get there! Ive figured it all out..spent at least an hour on the phone with contiki. I book tomorrow! yay! Thanks for all the help!

• 11 Nov 2009 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1156166:
    yaa because it takes forever to get there! Ive figured it all out..spent at least an hour on the phone with contiki. I book tomorrow! yay! Thanks for all the help!

Hahaha, good to hear. Happy booking and enjoy your trip!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.