Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia/Russia - departing 28 August 2011

13 Jun 2011 BexNZ asked

Default_avatar

Hi, just checking to see if anyone else has signed up for this tour.. Can't wait!

• 14 Jun 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

Hi :)
    I am doing just the Scandinavia part of your trip starting in Berlin on August 28 and finishing in Helsinki.
    I’m 20 and live in Brisbane, Australia but I am from NZ and travelling solo.
    Kayla

• 16 Jun 2011 BexNZ said

Default_avatar

Hi Kayla, Awesome! I’m travelling solo too – starting from Copenhagen . I’m living and working in Wellington, so looking forward to dodging winter! Hopefully we hear from some other people too :)

• 16 Jun 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

I hope so too. I am doing 2 other Contiki Trips – The Easy Rider and Egypt and the Nile and I haven’t found anyone else on the discussion boards and I’m leaving in less than a month. I will be away 6-7 months also on exchange for Uni so I can’t wait! :):)

• 19 Jun 2011 Lorz01 said

Lorz01

Hi guys, im doing this tour as well, starting in berlin. hw have u gone with getting your russian visas?

• 19 Jun 2011 BexNZ said

Default_avatar

Hey! I have just received my Tourist Voucher – but it’s only email form. Im hoping this is ok. Going to contact Russian Consulate in NZ soon to confirm what they need from me. Have you got yours?

• 20 Jun 2011 Lorz01 said

Lorz01

Still waiting for mine. should get it back in the next few days though hopefully!

im doing the whole tour, starting and finishing in Berlin. cant wait! im travelling solo as well, then staying to get work and travel more in the UK after.

Laura

• 20 Jun 2011 BexNZ said

Default_avatar

You’re so organised, I should get onto mine so it arrives before I leave! I’m finishing in Berlin too, staying a day or two there so I can have a look around and then doing a trip with a friend from London. It’s going to be hard getting on the plane to come home. I should do what you guys are doing and just stay there!!

• 20 Jun 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

I will also be staying in the UK at Uni for 4-5 months :) Also if you were wondering about anything I have received all of the hotel info and optional extras for the Scandinavia part from Contiki because I am departing Australia in 3 and half weeks.

Lorz01

Bex – I’m going to be in Berlin for a few days before the tour so I can have a look around. I did a tour of Europe in 09 and the hardest part was definitely leaving to come home!

Kayla: Does it have prices for the optional extras?

• 20 Jun 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

Yeah it does :)
    Copenhagen: Carlsberg Brewery [65 Danish Kroner]
    Lillehammer: Olympic Boblsed Ride [210 Norwegian Kroner]
    Voss: White Water Rafting [765 Norwegian Kroner]
    Oslo: Holmenkollen Ski Jump [80 Norwegian Kroner]
    Honningsvag: Nordkapp Experience [235 Norwegian Kroner]
    Honningsvag: King Crab Deep Sea Fishing Experience [800 Norwegian Kroner]
    Honningsvag: Ice Bar [115 Norwegian Kroner]
    Honningsvag: ATV Safari [650 Norwegian Kroner]
    Stockholm: Tour of Town Hall [90 Swedish Kroner]

Lorz01

Thanks heaps Kayla! :D

• 20 Jun 2011 franky h said

franky h

Lorz01 said

Still waiting for mine. should get it back in the next few days though hopefully!
    im doing the whole tour, starting and finishing in Berlin. cant wait! I’m traveling solo as well, then staying to get work and travel more in the UK after.

Laura

I’m waiting for mine too, are you going from Berlin via Kiev to Moscow?

• 21 Jun 2011 BexNZ said

Default_avatar

Thanks Kayla!

• 21 Jun 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

No worries :) If you want any info on our accomodation or more info on the optional extras let me know.

• 22 Jun 2011 Mel said

Default_avatar

hey guys!
    ill also be joining this tour on the 28th starting in Berlin – i’ll be spending a few days there before the tour starts too. I’m from Perth, Australia and very excited to be heading to Europe! Looking forward to meeting you guys :)
    Mel

• 22 Jun 2011 BexNZ said

Default_avatar

Hi Mel! Are you doing the full tour too? If you do anything in Berlin that you recommend, let me know :) I’m going to spend some time there after the trip. I’m excited too – my first big trip!

• 23 Jun 2011 Mel said

Default_avatar

Hey Bex! Yep I am doing the full tour, I cant wait! I havent made any plans for Berlin just yet but I will be sure to fill you in on all the things to check out :)

• 27 Jul 2011 Stuart C. said

Stuart C.

Hey everyone i just signed up for the tour, i cant wait! this is my second tour this summer. i cant wait to meet everyone. its gonna be an awesome tour.

• 9 Aug 2011 BexNZ said

Default_avatar

Hi Stuart :)

It should be heaps of fun – not long now! I’m heading to the UK on Friday and not sure how much access I will have to the Internet, so if you don’t hear from me you’ll know why!

Looking forward to meeting everyone in August. I’ll see you in Copenhagen (that’s where I start).

Becs

• 23 Aug 2011 Stuart C. said

Stuart C.

hey good to see that the tour is almost full only a couple days now!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion