Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone Going Europe Horizon Sept. 6-17 2011 ????

13 Jun 2011 Explorer1217340 asked

Explorer1217340

hey people....who's in or around this time?

• 14 Jun 2011 Nicky Sticky said

Nicky Sticky

Heyyy
    I am doing the Horizon tour with my sister starting on the 8th Sept to 17th Sept…I think it is the same one??
    Where are you from?
    xx

• 15 Jun 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

Hmmm..they end the same…but begin on different days. Maybe we are!! And I’m from Bermuda..how about you?

• 20 Jun 2011 Nicky Sticky said

Nicky Sticky

It probably is the same, you must be starting a few days earlier. I am from Adelaide, Australia. I cant wait to meet you all!!
    I think the closer it gets, the more people will be posting on the forums…now just to wait and see!
    Who are you doing the tour with?
    xx

• 20 Jun 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

Well ours says we start on the 6th (meaning travel to England). But that the actual day we set off is the 8th. so i have no idea. In any case….AUSTRALIA!!! Thats my next place to “travel”..so I"m def looking forward to meeting you and your sister. I will be traveling with a few friends hopefully.

• 24 Jun 2011 delvene said

delvene

i’m doing the one starting 1 Sept…and i cant find anyone doing that tour!!! i’m dying to talk about it with someone!

• 25 Jun 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

@ Delvene….I know I’m still worried about my tour date…people keep saying that as the date gets closer more people will respond..but i have my reservations about that…So where are you from and are you traveling in a group or is it just you doing the tour?

• 26 Jun 2011 delvene said

delvene

@Explorer1217340 Yeah it still is 2 months away so I’m not going to stress about it! Plus contiki said they give you 45 days notice if its cancelled. I’m from Sydney Aust, I’ll be travelling with my husband :)

• 26 Jun 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

@ Delvene ok cool. Well lets hope that all works out for both tours. I’ll be traveling with a few friends of mine, once we finish the tour we are going to branch of and do our own exploring. Theres soooo much to see…we’ve been overwhelmed trying to figure out how to fit it all.

• 26 Jun 2011 delvene said

delvene

@ Explorer1217340 …I know! We’re doing the same…spending another couple of weeks and going to spain, italy and greece…its going to be an adventure that’s for sure! Decided to relax and end the trip at Santorini :) good luck with everythin!

• 2 Jul 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

Sounds like you have a pretty similar plan…lol…Europe 2011. Any luck with finding people on your date? It seems the def departure dates for sept are the 6th, 9th and 11th. Are you on any of those?

• 4 Jul 2011 delvene said

delvene

nope no one yet! we’re on the 1 September tour…i’m trying not to freak out!! but it seems like heaps of ppl dont post on the forums until like a month before :)

• 5 Jul 2011 delvene said

delvene

guess what @Explorer1217340…fears confirmed. my tour got cancelled. i am sooo angry. now we have to change EVERYTHING! looks like we’ll do the 27 August tour now. i cant believe it got cancelled this is RIDICULOUS!!!

• 5 Jul 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

@ Delvene…REAALLY??! Thats horrible! So what will you do now? Does this mean change in flights and hotelreservations? I hope Contiki and the other places you have reserved will be very understanding and helpful! Im still concerned about our date…i hope everything works out better for you and your husband. Who knows maybe the August tour group will be super awesome and ridiculosly fun to be apart of

• 6 Jul 2011 delvene said

delvene

Well…we have now changed our tour to 27 Aug and that’s a definite departure. But I had to change my flights and my London hotels and some other things…its costing us money we didn’t budget for. Lucky for us we are leaving the second half of our tour (on our own part) the same so I wont have to cancel/change anything there. But still I havent got confirmation from london hotel that I can change without them taking all my money (cause in the conditions apparently they can). It is just SO frustrating! Hopefully the August group is awesome!

• 7 Jul 2011 Desiree said

Desiree

Hey guys! I will be going on this tour!

• 10 Jul 2011 BecOZ1987 said

BecOZ1987

Hey – yep! Flatmate and I are on this tour – from Tassie, Australia, see you guys there and you better be ready to party!!! :)

• 10 Jul 2011 Nicky Sticky said

Nicky Sticky

Haha, this is awesome! How much fun would it be if this tour was all females? Can’t wait to meet everyone! xx

• 20 Jul 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

sorry I didn’t reply earlier…I was out of town for a couple of weeks. but I’m back now…and I’ve officially bought my backpacking backpack…so excited! Think I will try and do a test run (pack a lot of items in it and walk around) just to make sure I can handle it. lol

• 21 Jul 2011 Maddison said

Maddison

Hey :) Im on this trip!!! So exciteddd :)

• 25 Aug 2011 Explorer1217340 said

Explorer1217340

when shall we start the count down?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion