Community_discussions_small  

Question

Auck-Christchruch October 6th-20th

14 Jun 2011 Canadian Explorer :) asked

Default_avatar

Hey the people who are taking this trip any advice on travel insurance there are so many to choose from.
Leanne :)

• 21 Sep 2011 Pauline85 said

Pauline85

Hey I booked mine through my travel agent but I think Kieran booked his online the name of the comapny Im going with is Super Shuttle.Glad your excited I really cant wait.

• 22 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

You and cheryl are the only ones game too jump out of a plan frim 15000 feet

• 22 Sep 2011 Ja'mae said

Ja'mae

Hi Everyone,
    I will be in Auckland at the same time as all of you. It would be great to meet others. Im staying at the Mecure and I get into Auckland at 5.30 am on the 5th so keen to hang with others for the day

• 22 Sep 2011 Cheryl Fung said

Default_avatar

I’m all for the partying as well man! :)
    Just 2 more weeks guys! It’s gonna be epic!

• 23 Sep 2011 Canadian Explorer :) said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    For all the people that are arriving in Auck. the day before our tour begins can you confirm that we are staying at the “All season Hotel” ? I know that the original hotel booked by our travel agent was Mercure but I got another email few weeks back saying it was changed to All seasons in Auckland?

• 23 Sep 2011 Alex.Clark said

Alex.Clark

i would probably suggest checking with your travel agent, I ended up at the All Season, but that was because i had to change my booking.

Default_avatar

Yah I just called them, and they are calling me back … so Ill let you know

Default_avatar

Im staying at the All seasons now… there has been a change but apparently its real close to the Mercure :)

• 23 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

i know its just down the road but why would they change the gathering spot for a tour?? doesnt seem right but ill check with my travel agent aswell just in case

• 25 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

wtf?

• 26 Sep 2011 Canadian Explorer :) said

Default_avatar

Yah Im not sure why they would change the hotel as well, but I think there just wasnt enough room. Its okay, Im pretty sure its still close by… I dont get in until 1130pm unfortunatly, so will anyone still be up for a meet and greet?

• 26 Sep 2011 Alex.Clark said

Alex.Clark

what day do you get in?

Default_avatar

The day before our tour … 5th

• 26 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

im in on the 5th at 5 30 pm so ill still be up for a meet and greet.
    alex, all seasons is near mercure isnt it?

• 26 Sep 2011 Pauline85 said

Pauline85

hey guys whats going on? So have they just changed the meeting place? Hey Leanne I will be up for a meet and greet.. hey Ja’mae Im staying at the Mecure to I dont get in till 5.30pm, but would you like to go out to dinner with us I think we are still doing that. Where are you from

Default_avatar

Ok sweet Kieran, looking forward to meeting you!
    Pauline, I think it was just my pre accomdations they changed because I booked it quite late, if they havent let you know by now your prob. still at the Mercure, wish I was there too but I guess its only for the one night ….. Looking forward to meeting you :)

• 26 Sep 2011 Pauline85 said

Pauline85

hey Leanne thanks yeah I contacted my agent and she said its the same we all meet at the Mecure. I am very much looking forward to meeting you all I am so excited 3 more nights of work and Im done.lol:)

• 27 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

oh your lucky, i still got 6 or 7 night of work left:(

• 27 Sep 2011 Alex.Clark said

Alex.Clark

that sucks, i’ve got 3 days and 3 hours left… not that im counting. and yes the all seasons is just down the road from the mercure. i get in on the 4th, but would hazard a guess that i will be at a pub around the area for most of the night

• 27 Sep 2011 Anna_1904 said

Default_avatar

Not to rub it in or anything but I finished work last Wednesday! I’m leaving for Singapore tomorrow and stopping there for 6 days first… Sooo excited! Is anyone packed yet? My case is literally on the limit coz I’m going to live in Melbourne for 9 months after the Contiki tour! It’s so hard to pack for that long! Any tips?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.