Community_discussions_small  

Question

Auck-Christchruch October 6th-20th

14 Jun 2011 Canadian Explorer :) asked

Default_avatar

Hey the people who are taking this trip any advice on travel insurance there are so many to choose from.
Leanne :)

• 29 Sep 2011 Canadian Explorer :) said

Default_avatar

So that to me means we are meeting at 11am on the 6th .. Thanks so much Kieran :)

Default_avatar

Ladies, are any of you bringing a hair dryer?

Default_avatar

kieran, I just booked my shuttle bus from the website you gave me and they want to charge me $60?
    How did you get yours for only $30??

• 29 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

yeah but i only booked for auckland transfers, not christchurch aswell so it would probs be 60 for both

Default_avatar

I only booked Auckland as well ??

• 29 Sep 2011 Explorer1294969 said

Default_avatar

hey guys my names Josh and I’m on this tour too so you can add one more to the list

• 29 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

ok thats seems strange….
    did you book it already??

hey bud nice to see another person coming.
    where r u from???

Default_avatar

Nop I havent booked it yet because of the price… Ill look around well see :)
    Hey Josh nice to meet another fellow contiki member!

• 29 Sep 2011 Cheryl Fung said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

If you all don’t mind, I’ll save your numbers in my phone as well. I only get in on the 6th morning so I won’t join u guys on the 5th. But as I get in at around 10 ish, I am worried that flight delays etc may cause me to be late for the meeting at noon. So should anything go wrong, I’ll text one of you guys to update you on my situation. My number is +65 96628246. I’m on what’s app so feel free to add me! Can’t wait to meet you all of you! Just a few days now!

• 29 Sep 2011 Explorer1294969 said

Default_avatar

I live just out of Melbourne so another Aussie! its sounds like we have a good bunch of people so the trip should be pretty good

• 29 Sep 2011 Pauline85 said

Pauline85

hey Josh nice to meet you its great to have anoher on our tour. Hey cheryl I will save your number and everyone elses in my phone and send you all a msg tomorrow (aussie time) with my prepaid number. Hey Leanne I dont really need a hairdryer lol but I am sure they have them in the bathrooms most hotels do.

• 30 Sep 2011 Canadian Explorer :) said

Default_avatar

Hey Kieran, regards to the shuttle bus I was on a different website and thats why it was $60 one way.. Anyway found the supershuttel website and booked it for $30 one way!

• 30 Sep 2011 kieran.curtis said

kieran.curtis

Awesome:) does nz have day light savings?

• 1 Oct 2011 Anna_1904 said

Default_avatar

Awesome, where abouts near Melbourne Josh? I am going to stay in the northern suburbs with my cousin after the tour, and have a job near Patterson lakes that starts a week after!

Cheryl, you said you live in Singapore? I am here at the moment, until Tuesday morning, if you’re free at all and want to meet up? :)

• 2 Oct 2011 Explorer1294969 said

Default_avatar

I live just out of town of a place called Inverloch which is south-east of Melbourne.

• 2 Oct 2011 Cheryl Fung said

Default_avatar

Hey Anna! Yeah! I think it would be great to meet up. Whereabouts are you staying in Singapore? I could meet tomorrow (Monday) for lunch or dinner if that works with you? I’m working all the way till Wednesday so mornings and afternoons are gonna be tough for me. But drop me a message at +65 96628246 and I’ll work something out. :)

• 2 Oct 2011 Anna_1904 said

Default_avatar

Hey Cheryl, I have sent you a text. Will only be turning my phone on and off a couple of times during the day but can meet for dinner tomorrow so long as that suits you :) If there are any problems send me a text or message on here – I will try and check the website if I don’t hear from you. Also I have a travel hairdryer with me which isn’t great but I don’t have that much hair… haha

• 2 Oct 2011 Pauline85 said

Pauline85

lol anna, hey guys go the number I will be using whilst in New Zealand +61422039955 so I will see you all in a couple of days :)

• 2 Oct 2011 Cheryl Fung said

Default_avatar

Hey Anna, didn’t get your text so I tried sending you an sms on your english number. I’m good for dinner tonight! just let me know where you’ll be around 6.30, 7 pm and I’ll go meet you there. :) I’ll check this discussion throughout the day in case this turns out to be our only form of contact. I’ll see everyone else in a couple of days! Time to get excited people! :)

• 4 Oct 2011 Ja'mae said

Ja'mae

Hey Everyone
    I am from Queensland, i get into Auckland tomorrow morning…………
    My New Zealand number is 0220318317, ill activate this as asoon as i get to Auckland
    Cant wait to meet up with everyone tomorrow night.

Im staying at the All Season

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.