Community_discussions_small  

Question

Need opinions!!

16 Jun 2011 *HOLLZ* asked

Default_avatar

Im from Australia and I did a European Horizons tour in August last year with a friend, we knew it was short but we thought it's what we can afford so let's give it a go. It was so much packed into a 10 day tour and saw a fair bit for what it was. I must say I didn't enjoy myself to the fullest as I was alittle too worried about what I was missing out on at home with my bf (silly huh!). But now that I have nothing holding me back and I have more of a stable job and higher income. I turn 21 next March and I thought I should have enough leave to do 3 - 4 weeks. I was thinking maybe I could do another European contiki for longer for my 21st. The only issue I have is I've been there already and it won't be as exciting as it would be if it was for the first time. Like I know what to expect and there would only be a few new places that I didn't get to go to last time. I just want to know if other contikiers have done the same country for longer or if they would even consider this. Coz this time I know not to be a kill joy!! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. And Id like to see parts of Europe that I didn't get to last time but the only way to see that was to do plan a trip with a group of friends and do our own thing... but they are all busy :(

• 16 Jun 2011 *HOLLZ* said

Default_avatar

Thanks! I guess it wouldn’t really bother me if i saw and did the same things as last time as i didnt really make the effort to try and have a good time and regret not doing alot of the things i said i would

• 16 Jun 2011 Kaity said

Kaity

Eastern Europe- ‘The Northern Trek’ looks really good, goes to all different places that the Horizon does not go to except Switzerland. Also the Horizon does not go to Italy- ‘Simply Italy’ and ‘Italian Espresso’ are like in depth tours that go around Italy :) You should defs go to Rome :) Even if places double up, you can always do stuff that you missed out seeing last time :)
    If you want to go somewhere completely different you should check out the Asia and Egypt tours, they look awesome :) I’m heading to SE Asia Feb 9th :)
    Any place you go, I’m sure you will have a great time! :)

Default_avatar

Is that a Contiki tour? Yeah major pissed I didn’t go to Rome! But I went to Venice. I was thinking European Escapades coz half of it’s going to places I didn’t get to last time and half goes to the places I went too but for a bit longer.

I went to SE Asia in March.. was fairly awesome!! And very cheap :) such an eye opener compared to Europe

• 16 Jun 2011 LadyRainbow said

LadyRainbow

I did the London – Athens + Greek Island Hopping tour last year and it was the best time ever. I have had my eye on The Northern Trek tour ever since I got back, because it goes to all the places I didn’t see last year. Of course I wouldn’t mind going back to some of the other countries I went to last year, but I would rather my experience be entirely new than to go back to the places I’ve already seen. BUT having said that, I’d go back to Spain in a heartbeat:) Have you tried typing in the names of countries you’d like to visit? You’d be surprised with the results a good search can come up with.

Default_avatar

Lol what is this Northern Trek?? You make a fair point actually, I might see what top deck does as well… Is this all contiki though?

LadyRainbow

Do a search, it is Contiki. It’s a 25 day camping tour:)

Default_avatar

Oh!!! Camping :S haha i so can not camp if my life depended on it!

LadyRainbow

Haha fair enough. Well if there is one country you absolutely wanna visit, type it in the search and see what pops up. There are so many great Contiki tours out there, I don’t know which one to pick!

Default_avatar

Me too! I want to do all of them!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion