Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Rome - 23 August 2011

16 Jun 2011 Racheee asked

Racheee

Anyone else going on this tour?

I posted this awhile ago, but im sure its hard to find in this forum, so thought i would start it fresh again!!!

Would also like to know if anyone has been on this trip and what they thought was good?

:)

• 17 Jun 2011 Dreamings said

Dreamings

I am going on that tour but not the dates you posted. I will be doing the July 15th tour. I am so excited & cannot wait.
    I’ve always wanted to go see those countries.

:-) I will let you know how my tour experience was :-)

• 19 Jun 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

I can’t wait either but its still so far away! Lol.
    That would be great to know your experience was :) how much have you budgeted for if you don’t mind me asking? I’m still unsure what a good amount is to take!

• 21 Jun 2011 Dreamings said

Dreamings

I actually don’t know either!
    I am actually researching that this week on how much euros and pounds to take. I will be in London an extra 2 days before hand, and in Rome, I will be there one day extra after the tour ends—
    I will figure that out this week— because one euro is worth $1.67— so that definitely needs to be planned.

• 12 Jul 2011 karina949 said

karina949

Hi there, I am doing the August 19th departure. I am stokked and cant wait! As far as budget i was planning on $2500 dlls and exchange euros/pounds at the airport for exchange unit. Does that seem enough for London, Paris, and Roe??

• 13 Jul 2011 Jules said

Jules

Hi Rach,
    I’m doing the same trip! Although I’m doing London to Athens 23 Aug, which pretty sure is the same only I go on further to Athens. Yay! :-D

• 15 Jul 2011 shalyce said

shalyce

HI Rach and Jules!

Im going on the same trip!! London to Rome, can’t wait! Where are you girls from?
    My friend and i (joey) are from Brisbane. We have been trying to work out how much to take as well, i think for the contiki part of our trip we’ll take about $3000 australian, but we are keen shoppers :)

• 15 Jul 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

I’m from brisbane as well and I’m going solo!! So glad to know there are some other girls on the trip!

I am taking at least $3,000 but could end up taking about $4,000 as I am a keen shopper as well!!! :)

• 15 Jul 2011 Jules said

Jules

I’m from NSW (Newcastle) and am also going solo!

I’m trying to save as much as possible before I go but it’s not really working. I keep buying more things for the trip!!!

Can’t wait to escape the Aussie winter!

• 17 Jul 2011 rach.el.sa said

rach.el.sa

Hi guys im doing the london to athens plus greek island hopping which starts on the 23rd so i presume this ties in with the london to rome. Really excited for this trip! Also going solo so nice to know there are a few others doing the same! Im from also from australia from the central coast!
    looking forward to meeting you all :) not too long now!

• 29 Jul 2011 Dana said

Dana

hey everyone! I am also doing the London to Athens part! im that excited!!
    Im from Canada!!

• 4 Aug 2011 KiwiLis said

Default_avatar

Hey guys

I’m doing London to Rome August 23rd too. Looking forward to it!

• 4 Aug 2011 Jules said

Jules

Hey! There is a group on Facebook if you haven’t already joined it :) http://www.facebook.com/groups/169617893108331/

• 9 Aug 2011 Mikaela :) said

Default_avatar

Hiya everyone! I’m also doing the same trip + Greek island hopping!
    I’m going solo and am also frm Australia..
    Not long to go now!! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion