Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern 2012!

16 Jun 2011 Explorer1260198 asked

Explorer1260198

Im thinking of doing the grand southern next year.. Im real keen. Although ill be going solo.. Any others out there like me! Im from Australia! Also Is it really like they say its all party party party??

Please help!

:D

• 16 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

Im also doing the Grand Southern in 2012. I’m leaving on the 12th Jan tour, LA-NY. I’ve been on a contiki through Europe and it wasnt all parties, but a mate of mine has done contiki in USA and he thinks it was a good party tour. I think it comes down to the people you tour with really.

• 17 Jun 2011 Explorer1260198 said

Explorer1260198

Its just that im not the whole party all the time type :/ like im not boring by any means but i dont want to go all that way and be hungover all the time you know? ow damn i was thinking about doing one about may-june time ( i absolutley hate cold weather) lol

• 17 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

No matter what, there will always be a bit of both; some like to party and some like to not be hungover so they can take everything in. Its just that on the USA tours, there are alot of smaller stopover towns that dont have a lot to do, so I guess people think of them as drinking spots.

• 17 Jun 2011 Erica88 said

Default_avatar

I did a Europe contiki and the majority of our group partied every second night – the nights inbetween we still hung out at the hotel bar, or lounge area or went to a show etc but more chilled, so it was a good mix, and we picked what would be the better places to head out. Of course there were some that went hard everynight but majority followed this trend and sightseed all day.
    Oh and I am doing Grand Southern (NY – LA) on 2 March 2012 and I’m going solo :)

• 20 Jun 2011 Patricia said

Patricia

Hi! I am booked in to do the Grand Southern from NY to LA departing on Feb 10 2012.
    I am also going solo! Can’t wait, seems like the time is dragging on.

Have you booked in for one yet?
    Patricia

• 23 Jun 2011 Jill said

Default_avatar

Hey Monty, Ive booked the Grand Southern LA-NY 12th Jan too! how exciting!! :)

• 23 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

Awesome Jill. I’m so looking forward to it.

Check out this page http://contiki.com.au/community/discussions/30926-anyone-going-on-grand-southern-la-ny-jan12-2012

Theres a couple of others there that will be on the same tour.

• 29 Jun 2011 pinklaydee2006 said

pinklaydee2006

Hi, I’m thinking of doing the Grand Southern on the 2nd of March. I will be travelling solo. Kinda nervous but very excited to meet new people. I’m from the UK. Would love to hear from people who have done this tour to help me make my mind up :)

• 30 Jun 2011 Erica88 said

Default_avatar

Hey I havent done the tour but am doing it on 2 March from NY to LA and Im going solo too :) sounds like an awesome tour, have done one in europe and loved it!

• 2 Jul 2011 Explorer1264668 said

Default_avatar

There are several active volcanoes in this region. It contains the major cities of Vancouver, BC, Seattle, WA and Portland, OR.
    Torso Ball

• 2 Jul 2011 My Hang said

Default_avatar

i will also be flying solo too but gonna go in march 2012… away from australia would be a good holiday hehehehe :D
    still making up my mind….

• 4 Jul 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

hey I’m also thinking of doing the Grand Southern around June 2012….. Plus im also looking to continue onto the Grand Northern after it….

• 5 Jul 2011 Lauren said

Lauren

hello, i’m doing the Grand Southern LA-NYC May 10, 2012. Just booked it :D I’m from Australia and I too will be going solo.

• 9 Jul 2011 Jennifermoore said

Default_avatar

I’m going on 12th jan 2012 eeeek x

• 9 Jul 2011 Jennifermoore said

Default_avatar

I’m going on 12th jan 2011

• 12 Jul 2011 Rach said

Rach

I have just booked and paid for my trip.
    Grand Southern LA – NY departing 16th July 2012.
    I cannot wait.

I have done many tours already, with Contiki. They are brilliant. Each one is different, as the people you travel with give it different dynamics. It’s not party all the time if you don’t want too. But you can if you choose. It’s entirely up to you. This will be my first USA tour with Contiki. I have done Europe and New Zealand tours previously.

I travel solo, and always make awesome friends. Many of which I am still in touch with. My first tour with Contiki was in 2003. I am still good friends with lots of the people I met on that tour.

You make the holiday, what it is. Experience it all. Enjoy every moment.

• 16 Jul 2011 Explorer1268421 said

Default_avatar

I’ve been really excited at looking at the American tours but never done any tour before,the only thing I was worried about was going solo and thinking I may be look abit of a loser on my own but reading here it seems a lot of people do it

• 16 Jul 2011 Rach said

Rach

On all the tours I have ever done (about 15, with various companies) 80% of the tour group were solo travellers.

• 21 Jul 2011 Boy from oz said

Boy from oz

i have booked the GS start NY 2nd march . cant wait. let me know if u have booked or close to booking.

• 21 Jul 2011 Tasha said

Tasha

Im travelling solo and booked the grand southern for March 2nd 2012! hopefully it goes ahead i’m too excited :D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion