Community_discussions_small  

Question

1st time contiki traveller need some advice please

20 Jun 2011 lisa asked

lisa

hey every1, just want to know what people thort of there contiki trips aspecially european whirl, also wanting to knwo bout money, travellin times like how long ur on a bus etc, what extras to take, gosh to much to list so just any handy info or storys etc would be fantastic :)

• 22 Jun 2011 KatelynC12 said

KatelynC12

I’m going on the European Whirl on July 12th…
    What exactly are you wanting to know about money?

• 22 Jun 2011 lisa said

lisa

wiked would you be able to tell me how it goes when you get back? um just wanting to know how much money people take with them and and the best way to take money etc like cash, visa etc thanks :)

• 23 Jun 2011 KatelynC12 said

KatelynC12

Absolutely! :)

• 15 Aug 2011 MandyJane said

MandyJane

i am wanting to know the same thing lisa!

• 15 Aug 2011 KatelynC12 said

KatelynC12

I took about $2,000 US dollars and I just brought my visa debit card and a credit card. I got money out of the atm when I needed to, but most places took cards so it worked out. I came back with close to $200 us dollars in my account. But I didn’t buy a lot of souvenirs. Food and bathrooms were what I spent the most on. (Yes, you have to pay to use the toilet!) Is there anything else you’d like to know?

• 15 Aug 2011 amalia said

amalia

Contiki suggest budgeting for 100euro per day (plus or minus). You can use debit & credit cards everywhere, but make sure you have a bit of each currency you’ll need. There is also a “suggested packing list” which would be a good guide for what to take and what not to. We have luggage restrictions, so pack the essentials then the left over room you can fill with whatever.

• 15 Aug 2011 Lucistarr said

Default_avatar

Is the suggested 100euro inclusive of money you need for the optional or as well as that money?

KatelynC12

You’ll want that money in addition to the optional excursions.
    I also didn’t end up using a lot of what was on the recommended packing list. There were several items in my luggage that I didn’t even touch except to repack it each day. But that’s just me.

• 15 Aug 2011 Tahly said

Tahly

I’m half way through reading Praha335Ci’s blog. I don’t even know why I clicked the link, every other ‘travel’ blog I’ve attempted to read has been so shit. Mainly lame as old people thinking they’re writers and awesome travel experts! This blog is hilarious and you seem like exactly my sort of person. I hope there’s heaps of party people like you in Europe! I’m an Aussie travelling alone and I’m hoping to get a partner in crime asap haha

KatelynC12

I have a blog as well. I don’t have everything posted just yet.. and I don’t know how informative it would be seeing as I left out quite a bit because I knew there would be a few children reading it.

As far as partying goes, there will be absolutely NO lack of that!! :) I went not knowing what to expect (Being American traveling with mostly Aussies) and found out quickly that it was definitely a party tour. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion