Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe Winter- What to pack?

21 Jun 2011 Aussie_Jacqui asked

Aussie_Jacqui

Im going on European Vista in January 2012 and wondering what i should pack in the way of warm clothes?

• 21 Jun 2011 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

Hi Aussie Jacqui.

Simple answer..everything. Jackets, warm woolen jumpers, thermals, scarves, skivvies, gloves, beanies etc. Europe gets mighty cold in winter. I was last in Europe in February this year. England was the worst (the northern countries are colder than the meditteranean ones). I remember at times when I was on Oxford St at night I wish I had my snow gear on lol.

• 22 Jun 2011 Lottie said

Default_avatar

Go to Kathmandu during the winter sales and buy up – thermals, gloves, hat, scarf etc. They have good stuff.
    Just make sure your shoes are water proof. Wet socks are not nice. Layers are the most important thing, most of europe will have central heating so it is really hot inside but freezing outside – get a jacket that you can get on and off quickly and easily.

• 23 Jun 2011 Aussie_Jacqui said

Aussie_Jacqui

Thank you all for your comments! Info has come in very handy, hopefully kathmandu has online sales, cuz there is no one within 600km of where i live haha! I went to the use in winter 07/08 and it was the coldest they had apparently had… hopefully i can still fit into my jacket from that trip :P cheers again for the response!- Jacqui :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion