Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who is going to Greece in August/September?

21 Jun 2011 Explorer1261551 asked

Default_avatar

I'm planning on going in August but don't know which tour I should do. I would want to go to Mykonos, Santorini and Ios (and more?) I also want to go around Europe afterwards. Anyone with similar travel aspirations? I want to go solo but it would be good to meet some people also doing the same thing! xx

• 21 Jun 2011 Beamswithjoy said

Beamswithjoy

Hi! I am also considering a solo 13d greek island hopping trip. Looking at september, because i read that jun-aug would be crowded as it is their summer hols. And sept is autumn, so less hot.
    I am from singapore. Abit apprehensive that i will be the only asian traveling alone. So will be great to know if there are others flying fr singapore.
    I will only be able to do 13d greek, cant extend beyond to explore other parts of europe. Hope my first contiki trip comes true this sept. beams

• 21 Jun 2011 Allie said

Allie

Hi,
    I’m going to be going on the Aegean Classic (5 night) Greek island hoping tour departing Aug 21. I’m travelling solo also, and will be heading to Italy and France afterward. I’ll be returning to Canada on Sept 11. Allie

• 22 Jun 2011 JulieInSanDiego said

JulieInSanDiego

I’m going on the Spotlight on Greece + 3 day island cruise leaving the US on Sept 4th, starting in Athens on the 5th. There are only two of us (me + 1) that have commented on this trip so far, but I understand from the travel agent that it is already a definite departure.

• 22 Jun 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

Hey, I’m going on the Spotlight On Greece + 7 days cruising leaving on Sept 4th, Athens on the 5th…. So Julie, I guess I’ll go check the page and let you guys know I’ll be on your tour at least for the first part :) I have also met some people online either on the land part or the cruise part. I guess my tour is really 2 different tours so it gets confusing.

• 22 Jun 2011 Beamswithjoy said

Beamswithjoy

Is there any cause for worry abt the protests in athens?

• 4 Jul 2011 Andreea8293 said

Andreea8293

Hi,

I’m going on the greek island hopping tour from august 2nd to 15th. I’m also wondering about the protests…I hope they won’t influence any of the trips in Greece.

• 4 Jul 2011 Popeye Jawns said

Popeye Jawns

I’ll be in the Greece Island Hopping Trip Sept 1-14

• 25 Jul 2011 Che5045 said

Default_avatar

Don’t stress about the protests, just stay away from govt buildings if you can. my bfs dad has just been to athens for a month and he didn’t see any trouble.

• 25 Jul 2011 Stacey said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am going on the Spotlight on Greece tour starting 5th Sept also. I am going solo. I am still decidng on what to do since finish my first tour on 29th Aug. I have a whole week free. Anyone have any ideas?

• 25 Jul 2011 JulieInSanDiego said

JulieInSanDiego

Hi we have a facebook group for the Sept 5th Spotlight on Greece trip. There are also two other discussion threads about it if you are interested in meeting some of us on that trip.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/166732120066799?ap=1

• 29 Jul 2011 NeStA gUrl! said

Default_avatar

I’m booked for the Greece Island Hopping Cruise Sept 2nd-12th

• 3 Aug 2011 Explorer1272534 said

Default_avatar

There are reasons not to go there

• 7 Aug 2011 JCM said

JCM

I´m booked for the Mediterranean Cruise Aug 24th

• 7 Aug 2011 Jade from Adelaide said

Default_avatar

Hello,
    I’m going on the meditteranean trail plus 3 day greek island cruise starting aug 31. have you decided what you’re doing yet?!

• 7 Aug 2011 Beamswithjoy said

Beamswithjoy

And i am booked for the greek island hopping 13D tour starting 17th sept. Looking for fellow travelers.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.