Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Vietnam Highlights Sept 26 & Experience Sept 24

22 Jun 2011 Maraoke said

Maraoke

Hello Tour Mates
Its looking like the Vietnam Highlights tour will meet up on the 3rd day of the Vietnam Experience tour. Hopefully we can use this as a meeting point for both groups.
Lets start meeting everyone...
I am Mary, 30 year old female born in and living in NYC, this will be my first time in Asia and my second Contiki. I am traveling with two other females! We are SUPER excited!

• 22 Jun 2011 Katie J said

Katie J

Hi I’m Kate and I’m a 27 year old female from Australia, I’m the same as Mary, first time Asia second time contiki and I am actually travelling alone for this one so heaps excited to meet everyone! Loved my first contiki NZ so looking forward to another awesome experience seeing the world and meeting new people :)

• 22 Jun 2011 Damien said

Damien

What’s up? I’m Damien and from Boston. This is my 2nd Contiki. Last one was the Asia Adventure in January/Feb and it was amazing. Was supposed to be on the Vietnam last week but had to cancel because of ruptured achilles. Rebooked for this one so super excited to be going again.

• 22 Jun 2011 KT said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m Kristen, 30 years old from New York. I did one Contiki a few years ago (where I met Mary who started this post!) and it was amazing. This will be my first time in Asia. I’m so excited and I can’t believe it’s so soon! Damien, sorry about your achilles, that’s a really tough injury. Hope it’s healing quickly.

So exited to be meeting all of you!! Looking forward to meeting in person!
    Kristen

• 24 Jun 2011 TarafromNS said

TarafromNS

Hello, I am looking at doing this tour as well – trying to decide dates and flights to find the best fit. I will be doing a Gap tour of Cambodia immediately prior to this one, my first Gap tour and 5th and final Contiki tour as I will be a 34 old woman at the time of travel :)

• 24 Jun 2011 Maraoke said

Maraoke

Damien… how did you injure your achilles? I’m sorry to hear about that, but glad you are booked on our trip now! :) Are you traveling with anyone or going solo?

Hi Tara! Does the NS stand for Nova Scotia?! If so, hear wonderful things about it. What were some of your favorite Contiki trips? I cannot wait to hear about Cambodia.

I am going to try to get a face-book page going but I’m not sure if its a smart idea to post the dates we are leaving on there. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Perhaps we can all friend each other and make our own event page to give updates and get to know each other better?

Also is anyone doing a prenight in HCM City? Kristen, myself and our friend Rosemary all land about 10pm and I guess will arrive to the hotel somewhere around midnight. If we are jet lagged we’ll probably be awake in the hotel having drinks. Oh who am I kidding…. even if we are not jet lagged I’m sure we’ll be boozing it up… so if anyone else will be there the night before lets get together!!!

Mary

• 24 Jun 2011 Damien said

Damien

Hey. Injured my achilles playing basketball about two months ago and it sucked. The first thing I ended up thinking about was that I was gonna have to cancel my trip. Happy to have booked again. I’m traveling solo. I’m getting to HCM around ten the night before so I figure I’ll get to the hotel the same time as you. I was planning on going out the first night so I’m down for doing something the first night. It’d be a good idea to make a facebook group because a guy on the last trip I went on did it and it helped. Just request me whenever because I have a link to my page on my profile I think.

• 24 Jun 2011 Rose said

Default_avatar

Hello! I am Rose (or Rosemary) from NYC, but living in Los Angeles. I am the third traveler with Mary and KT. This will be my first time with Contiki and my first time in Asia. I am very much looking forward to the whole trip and meeting all of you.

• 27 Jun 2011 Katie J said

Katie J

Hi All, so wonderful to meet everyone! I’m also having a pre night at HCM and I should arrive at about 5pm so will likely meet you all in the bar already having downed a few haha will be a great opportunity to get to know each other before the journey begins! I’m so excited already I can tell these months are going to drag on, let me know the decision on the facebook stuff, maybe we just don’t make the dates too specific though I believe the page that was made for my NZ contiki had dates and name of tour ect, anywho let me know either way,
    Kate

• 27 Jun 2011 Damien said

Damien

I made the facebook page a few days ago but it’s currently set to secret so I don’t think people will be able to find it. Everyone just let me know if you want me to change the privacy settings because it doesn’t matter either way to me. Four of us are in the group already so request any of us I think and then we could add whoever or I can change the privacy settings so people could find it on their own.

• 27 Jun 2011 TarafromNS said

TarafromNS

Hi Mary, yes NS stands for Nova Scotia! I’ve done a bit of everything with Contiki – 2 USA trips, a big one around Europe and then Scandi/Russia and have loved each trip I’ve completed.

Damien, could you send me a link to the facebook page – I tried searching it, but you’re right – it is secret!

• 27 Jun 2011 Damien said

Damien

Try searching for it now. I changed it from secret to closed. Contiki Vietnam Experience Sept 24th and Vietnam Highlights Sept 26th

• 7 Jul 2011 Mulva said

Mulva

Hey, this will be my first trip to Asia and on Contiki!!! I just picked up my passport today so I am pretty pumped. Booked all flights and everything else and will be hitting HCM in the morning of the tour. Definitely keen to keep in touch b4 heading off, look forward to hearing more and def keen to join FB page :) Nick

• 7 Jul 2011 Maraoke said

Maraoke

Nick!!! Nice to meet you. We are all very very very excited. Its fun getting to know some people before hand. Send me a link to your facebook page and I’ll friend request you and then suggest you to become friends with the others on this trip and we’ll add you to our page!

• 19 Jul 2011 JWI said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone,
    I just (like literally less than an hour ago) signed up for this tour! I’m so excited.

My name is Jess, I’m a 23 year old teacher from Melbourne, Australia. This will be my first time in Asia. I went on my first contiki last year to the USA at the end of last year and absolutely loved it . It was my first time overseas and I went solo and had the time of my life and I can’t wait to do it all again in Vietnam. I’ll be travelling solo on this trip as well. I also went to Italy for 2 weeks in April on a school trip and that was a very different but wonderful experience. Looking forward to meeting and travelling with all of you.

Cheers,
    Jess

• 26 Aug 2011 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone. My name is Nicole. I’m 33 years old and currently living in Hobart, Australia. I am travelling with my friend Lauren who is 28. We are booked on the Vietnam Experience tour and will arrive in HMC on the 24th Sept. I cannot wait for this trip… IT"S ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY!!

• 26 Aug 2011 Maraoke said

Maraoke

Its nice meeting you Nicole… Damien has set up a Facebook group page which is another fun way to get to meet everyone going. I disabled my Facebook or else I’d add you myself. I’ll probably be back on Facebook soon so I can keep up with the group :) I cannot believe its only 4 weeks away! See you soon!
    Mary

• 8 Sep 2011 Explorer1287208 said

Default_avatar

HI ALL!!!
    My name’s Jess, im 22 and from Australia. im booked for the Vietnam Experience on the 24th Sept. Im a little bit worried – its my first time to asia and my first time overseas by myself so im hoping to meet heaps of people and have a kick ass time. im arriving in ho chi min on the 22nd of sept and staying at the liberty central hotel so if anybody is up for a pre tour meet please contact me!!! CANT WAIT!!!!

• 8 Sep 2011 Explorer1269912 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jess,
    if you are on Facebook, look up our group – http://www.facebook.com/groups/124693837615905/ (hopefully that link works….). Really excited about the trip, look forward to meeting you!
    Jharna

• 8 Sep 2011 Maraoke said

Maraoke

Hi Jess
    We have a pretty good group of people going and do not worry about being alone…this is why contiki is great because you have instant travel buddies and we all look out for each other! Cannot wait to meet everyone!
    Mary

• 26 Feb 2013 Maggie said

Maggie

Hey guys… im doing this trip on 28 Sept 2013 and just looking for feedback for this tour for anyone who’s travelled late sept / early oct and this was the only post i could find… mainly weather wise what to pack? Iv done contiki before so know that less is more in these cases but just travel tips in general :) Iv heard june-October is like wet season and a lot of rain and flooding?? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.