Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt & Nile 23-30 July 2011

26 Jun 2011 Explorer1223479 asked

Default_avatar

Anyone doing this tour Egypt & Nile departing on the 23 July 2011?

• 15 Jul 2011 Chyronius said

Default_avatar

My wife and I are going…

• 27 Jul 2011 Explorer1262227 said

Default_avatar

My husband and I are going in September. Please let us know what you thought! did you feel safe or have any concerns with the political situation?

• 4 Aug 2011 Chyronius said

Default_avatar

Hi,

We were safe and felt very safe the entire trip. The only place we felt out of comfort zone was in Cairo… the only reason is that Cairo by nature is a very very busy city, and the people are different than we were used to. We chose to go out at night in Cairo in a group of 6, walking the streets. We stuck out like a sore thumb, but we were never harassed or bothered by anyone. You can shoose to go out in Cairo or just stay in the hotel…its up to you. the rest of the trip you will be with Sherif and you will fell very safe and protected with him. he is like the mayor..everyone knows him. Also after you leave Cairo, you will be in all tourist areas.

just a tip.. on your first day, change all your money for Egyptian pounds. You wont need any American dollars at all. Also, if you plan to buy souveniers dont spend all your money until you go to the papyrus museum on the 2nd to last day. We liked that the best but we wished we hadnt bought so many souveniers beforehand…

have a great time… We loved the trip!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion