Community_discussions_small  

Comment

london to athen august 24 whos coming

16 Jan 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar
hey people! My name is paul and im from Perth Australia. i was just wonderin if any one has booked for the london to athens tour starting 24th august. Would love to chat to anyone with any info on what to take on the tour or any one who is going on the tour!!! also im going to the oktoberfest on the 26th is anyone out going on this tour?

would be great to chat with anyone going on this tour.
Ciao for now!!
  • 9 Feb 2007 critto said

Default_avatar

hi paul
    my name is brenton n im form forster and im thinkin bout doin the lta tour in august 07 to.im traveling alone n was also after any handy info bout the trip n stuff like that. are you traveling alone to? im thinking of booking in the next coulpe of weeks. if u write bak thatd b great thanks champ. question for ya how old r u? im 20

• 10 Feb 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

hey brenton howz it goin?? its great to finaly hear from some one i thought i was going to be the only one on the tour lol Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> im also travelling solo as well so its great to hear from someone else who is travelling solo as well. im 22 i just paid for my holiday so not its just saving the spending money and counting down the days. r u doing the greek island option as well? i am

if u wnt to chat on email or msn u can get me on
    pcouzens84@hotmail.com

• 10 Feb 2007 critto said

Default_avatar

hi paul
    yeh im good. i think at this stage i might b changing to the eurpean adventruer, not to sure yet gotta find out how many hoildays i can scab lol. but if i cnt go on the european advtre il most probs do the greek island hopping aswell. il most prob be making my mind up n booking bye the end of this week coming or nxt week. k thanks for the addy. mine is wakeboarding_14@hotmail.com

• 11 Feb 2007 AlisaC said

Default_avatar

hi all,
    i just booked for the august 24th tour.
    im from melbourne and am going alone as well.
    scary Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.
    im not sure if im going to do the island hopping, but was still looking at going to mykonos for afew days adterwards.
    as far as what to take on the tour… i got afew tips from ppl who have done it before, but the list on the website is pretty good also.

• 12 Feb 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

hey bublz howz u goin theres nothing scary about going by yourself iam and its my first trip as well it just makes for a more interesting holiday and meeting new ppl. i read the blog that some one wrote on the site about the tour and tey said its the best one to do so im counting down the days Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

its good to hear from some one else doing the tour

ciao
    paul

• 12 Feb 2007 AlisaC said

Default_avatar

hi paul,
    yeah, going alone does make it more interesting. cant wait either. its still 6 months away but im hoping it goes quick Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.
    it sounds like a really good one. goes all the places i want to go.
    Are you doing the actual island hopping or just mykonos afterwards?

• 13 Feb 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

hey howz it goin?? yeah im doing the actual island hopping then im doing the oktoberfest on the 26th as well

• 22 Feb 2007 critto said

Default_avatar

hi paul n bublz
    just booked my tour n flights this week im doin the london to athens plus greek island hopping starting on the 24th in london… so exciteds cnt wait counting down the days. this is my 1st time over seas so bit scared but heaps excited to. wat dats is every1 flying over? im leaving syd on the 22 n get to london on the 23 12.30 in the day. hope to hear form ya soon

• 22 Feb 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

hey critto howz it goin mate good to here from u?
    Join the club who aint countin down the days im flying out 14th august as im going to see my relies who i haven’t seen in along time? Its my first time ovseas as well mate i wouldnt be scared just think of it as anew experience that youll neva forget speak to u soon

paul

• 23 Feb 2007 AlisaC said

Default_avatar

hey there,
    im flying out on the 22nd also, but im leaving from melbourne and will arrive the same day at 3.10pm. are you staying at the contiki hotel or somewhere else for the first night?
    darn, everyone is doing the island hopping. i knew i should have done it.
    dont worry critto, im scared too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.Cant wait to take 5 weeks off work though…. yay for no work.

bublz

• 1 Mar 2007 critto said

Default_avatar

hi pplz
    yes bublz im gettin into london at 12.30 day time on the 23rd. im staying at the contiki hotel the nite b4 to lol. yeh fully shoulda done greek island hopping gonna b awsome fun. i cant wait to get 5 weeks off work to Cool<!--graemlin::cool:--> is any1 stoping anywere on the way home after the tour ends??? im counting down the days lol

• 7 Mar 2007 Shilo said

Default_avatar

Hi Paul
    Myself and 2 girlsfriends are doing August 18th London to Athens plus Greek Island HOpping..just missed you by a few days!

• 8 Mar 2007 AlisaC said

Default_avatar

Yeah, im going to mykonos for afew days, then instead of island hopping, im going to go to rome and sicily for about 10 days or so to hopefully visit some relatives… if they take me in that is Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.
    how about you? are you going anywhere else after the island hopping?

• 12 Mar 2007 critto said

Default_avatar

hiya
    yeh im goin to other places on the way home from the tour, im goin to dubai for 3 or 4days on the way home. im flying out of athens the nite the tour ends so should b good. ur gonna miss a hell of a time in the islands alisa. wats ur email if u dnt mind me asking so keep in touch. mine is wakeboarding_14@hotmail.com only 5 months to go Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 13 Apr 2007 Aimzleigh said

Default_avatar

Hey guys.
    I am booked! i cant wait. We’re gonna have an awesome time. Going alone…although it turns out i know Shilo (who is actually on our tour) through Claire who will be on it with us.

If any of you have myspace, add yourself to http://groups.myspace.com/LondontoAthensAug182007 (even though the date is Aug 18, it is our trip.

Cant wait to meet you all!!

• 14 Apr 2007 critto said

Default_avatar

hi aimz
    yep its great to hear form new pplz thats on the same trip as us, its gonna b a blast. so ur traveling alone to? i meet a girl form vic aswell whos on the same tour shes 24, u mite b flying wif her if u go same day that is? wat day r u flying out of aus? il b in london on the 23rd at 12/30 in the arvo. wb wen ya get a chance

• 15 Apr 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

hey aimz hows`it going? its great to hear from some one else doing the tour are you doing the greek island extra as well? im just counting down the days Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> its going to be a blast im doing oktoberfest after as well.. BRING ON EUROPE

• 14 May 2007 Mike in Calgary said

Default_avatar

Hi all. possible traveller here Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Just wondering where you guys (and girls) seen the Aug 24th trip?
    When I look up the LTA departure dates, I only see departure days of Aug 22-Sept 13 and Aug 26th-Sept 17th Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->
    Mike

• 15 May 2007 Mike in Calgary said

Default_avatar

Aimzleigh, lovely name by the way, I am gonna check it out today at a travel agent. I’d book it online here now, but trying to find a flight back from Atnens to Calgary will require some stop overs and i am not sure of my options so I’ll just ask for professional help.
    I’ll see what the chances are of getting on the aug 22-sept 13 tour is. I hope so. seems like a fun lively crowd. WOOHOO
    Mike (from Calgary)

• 15 May 2007 Mike in Calgary said

Default_avatar

woohoo, i checked with a travel agent and i have to request to join this group, but the lady at Contiki said i shouldnt have a problem joining the group Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I am so excited now. I guess i just have to decide on whether to take the extended or not. Well i guess that is really up to my company or not hahaha.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion