Community_discussions_small  

Comment

london to athen august 24 whos coming

16 Jan 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar
hey people! My name is paul and im from Perth Australia. i was just wonderin if any one has booked for the london to athens tour starting 24th august. Would love to chat to anyone with any info on what to take on the tour or any one who is going on the tour!!! also im going to the oktoberfest on the 26th is anyone out going on this tour?

would be great to chat with anyone going on this tour.
Ciao for now!!
  • 16 May 2007 Mike in Calgary said

Default_avatar

boo, i have to drop from this tour. But have a great time all.
    I am sure you’ll enjoy it.
    Sounds like I’ll be taking the tour, 4 days after yours, so dont leave the places you visit in too much of a mess. and leave some alcohol for me. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 May 2007 AlisaC said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    i am now on the aug 28th tour because a friend is coming with me and this tour was completely booked out. i had to move to the next tour so we could be on the same one. what a shame, you all seem nice Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->. have a great time anyway guys. we wont be far behind.

• 8 Jul 2007 LissyD said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

My name is Alicia I’m 24 from Sydney. I’m flying solo too. A bit apprehensive (and scared but shhhh don’t tell!) Who else is going it alone?

Catch ya!

• 8 Jul 2007 LissyD said

Default_avatar

Hey Critto,

I’m leaving from Sydney the same day as you. Who are you flying with?

Alicia

• 11 Jul 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

Hi Alicia, my name is paul im 23 im from the other side of aus all the way in perth. Im travelling solo aswell. Cant wait until the holiday starts iv just got over 4 weeks to go im spending some time in london first

• 11 Jul 2007 LissyD said

Default_avatar

Hi Paul,

I wish I shared the same enthusiasm for the holiday to start, at the moment I am apprehensive with waves of excitement. I was suppose to be going with my now (as of last week) ex, so getting into a different mind set of going it alone has prooved to be difficult. I am more at ease now knowing there will be others on their own.

I am arriving into London two days early. I am planning to do the big red bus tour to get a quick glimps of the city before we start.

My friend works at Contiki so he has been giving me inside tips. I am still puzzled as to how I am going to fit my sleeping bag and a towel in my bag with everything else I want to take too. You may laugh but that is a major concern of mine Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Alicia

• 12 Jul 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

hi Alicia, are you doing the greek island hopping as well? I think going solo is the better way to go that way u have no worries and its a good opportunity to meet lots of new people! I may sound enthusiastic at the moment but when time gets closer im sure the nerves will start to kick in!! As for packing hopefully my stuff all fits in fingers crossed!! Im looking at doing the big red bus tour aswell so ill know what to look for when i get back. Im looking at trying to get a job with contiki when i get back as on over the super cooks but heres hoping. what about yourself you staying in london after the tour??

• 12 Jul 2007 LissyD said

Default_avatar

Good Morning Paul,

I am going to be leaving everyone in Athens and flying home the next day.I think three weeks is long enough on my own. I went to Port Douglas alone for 5 days at the beginning of the year and was happy to come home at the end of it. Baby steps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m not too sure what the ‘super cooks’ is…..If you want I can ask my friend how he went about getting his job, what they look for etc. What are you working as now?

Have you been to Europe or overseas before? Have a great day.

Alicia

• 13 Jul 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

Hi Alicia howz it goin my folks have been to port douglas said it was really nice! Super cook is the person who does all the cooking for everybody on the tour! Currently im working for a transport company but im a chef by trade1! The only overseas place ive been to is bali thats it but hope to brorden my horizon of countries in the neer future. if you want to chat more you can reach me on pcouzens@gmail.com

ciao

Paul

• 26 Jul 2007 critto said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by LissyD:
    Hey Critto,

I’m leaving from Sydney the same day as you. Who are you flying with?

Alicia

hey lissy im flying wif emirets. i leave at 6.45 at nite on the 22nd. wat time r u flying??

• 26 Jul 2007 LissyD said

Default_avatar

Hi Critto,

I am on the exact same flight only a day earlier (21st)! Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> I’m glad I double checked my flight because I thought I was leaving on the 22nd. Are you still going on your own? If you are at least I know there will be 3 of us.

Catch ya!

Alicia

• 30 Jul 2007 critto said

Default_avatar

hi alicia
    or that suks guess ill b a lona on the plane then, yeh im flying alone n its 1st time over seas, do u got a email adress if u wana chat more mines wakeboarding_14@hotmail.com are u staying at the royal national hotel the nite b4 we go on tour?? im stayin there on friday nite i got a triple wif otha randoms so yeh hop4ly ill met ya soon then hey, i thin im gonna b the youngest person on tour hell yeh thatlll b fun Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 2 Aug 2007 Shilo said

Default_avatar

Hello
    I’m going on that tour with 2 of my girlfriends, we are from melbs..
    do you have myspace? myspace.com/shilog28
    only 2 weeks til we are in london for 5 days before the trip, cannot wait!!
    :-) shilo

• 13 Aug 2007 aussie_paul said

Default_avatar

hey everybody its finally here im flyin out to england today Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Shall meet you all over there ciao

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.