Community_discussions_small  

Question

LA to the Bay November 16 2011

3 Jul 2011 David asked

David

Hey, just wondering if anyone out there will be on this tour? It'll be my first Contiki and I'll be flying solo. Be good to chat to anyone else going on it as well as anyone who has been on it and can throw me some reviews??
Cheers
Dave

• 4 Jul 2011 Explorer1107951 - Pete said

Explorer1107951 - Pete

Hey mate, me and my mrs have booked this tour also. Should be a cracker. A friend of ours did it last year and said she had a great time. Cant wait!

• 4 Jul 2011 David said

David

Hey mate. Names Dave by the way. Sounds great I have to finalise my booking tomorrow for it. I’m from Adelaide. Where are guys from? I’ll be doing the LA Explorer beforehand too I think.
    Cheers
    Dave

• 5 Jul 2011 Explorer1107951 - Pete said

Explorer1107951 - Pete

We are from Sydney. We are doing a couple of weeks in Hawaii first then flying into LA for the tour. Hopefully it fills up soon! The people at Contiki tell me its one of the most popular tours so it should fill up quickly.

• 5 Jul 2011 David said

David

Cool. The travel agent I spoke to went on this tour and said it was awesome. Other US tours have filled up already so hopefully this one does too. Hawaii will be great. I’m actually heading over the end of October with 3 mates. Stopover in Hawaii then about 10 nights in Vegas, then they will be off doin their own thing or heading home and I’ll be heading to LA for the tour. Can’t wait!

• 15 Aug 2011 bernardoruas said

bernardoruas

Also going on this tour!

Are you guys going with someone else?

• 16 Aug 2011 David said

David

Hey Benardoruas
    I’m heading to the states with friends but leave them and do the tour on my own. Are you traveling solo too? You from Australia?
    Dave

• 16 Aug 2011 bernardoruas said

bernardoruas

Dave,

I’m going solo too. Actually I’m a brazilian.

• 19 Aug 2011 Explorer1273639 said

Explorer1273639

Hey, I am also booked on this tour, the travel agent i went through said its one of the most popular tours.
    Amy

• 19 Aug 2011 bernardoruas said

bernardoruas

Amy,

Where are you from? Are you travelling in a group?

• 19 Aug 2011 Explorer1273639 said

Explorer1273639

Hi Benardoruas,

I am from Sydney Australia, i will be travelling by myself.

• 19 Aug 2011 David said

David

Hey Guys
    Sounds like there will be a few of us single travelers which should make it easier for us all. Anyone staying in LA before the tour starts? I am doing the LA Explorer for the 2 nights leading up to the LA to the Bay and thinking of being in Santa Monica for a couple nights before that too.
    Nice to meet you all
    Dave

• 19 Aug 2011 bernardoruas said

bernardoruas

Dave,

I will arrive 2 days before the tour and booked 2 extra nights at the Contiki hotel.

• 22 Aug 2011 David said

David

Hey Bernardo
    I’ll be staying at the Contiki Hotel too for the 2 nights as part of the LA explorer. Might bump into you there. There might be a few others doing the same so we might be able to organise a meet up or something.
    Dave

• 22 Aug 2011 Explorer1273639 said

Explorer1273639

Hi all, I will be staying in the contiki hotel for 2 nights aswell… it would be good to organise to meet up before the tour starts.

Amy

• 22 Aug 2011 bernardoruas said

bernardoruas

David and Amy,

Great to hear that! Let’s stay in touch and organise something!

• 22 Aug 2011 David said

David

Cool sounds good. Will keep in touch.
    Dave

• 24 Aug 2011 Explorer1107951 - Pete said

Explorer1107951 - Pete

Hey all, our LA to the Bay tour is now listed as full! The first one in November to sell out. Not long now..

• 26 Aug 2011 David said

David

Hey Pete
    Yeah I noticed that. Awesome.. At least we know we’re a definite starter and a full bus! The countdown is on….
    Dave

• 4 Sep 2011 Explorer1256644 said

Default_avatar

hey i did this tour earlier this year and would love to give you guys some pointers
    firstly i would HIGHLY recommend the helicopter ride of the grand canyon, i did the shorter on and found it just as rewarding, its just something u need to see its breathtaking.
    secondly do the jeep tour in sedona i regret that i didn’t do this as ur in the town for 3hrs and there is not a great deal to do.
    if your tour guides name is Hannah she is fantastic and will show you an amazing time! if you have any other questions i would love to answer them

• 7 Sep 2011 David said

David

Hey thanks for the tips. I’m sure as the trip gets closer I’ll have a few questions

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion