Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer Feb 2012

6 Jul 2011 Tez090585 asked

Tez090585

Hi,
I am considering booking up for the Grand Explorer (Auckland - Christchurch) to depart some time in February 2012 - is anyone else considering this trip at that time?
I've not travelled any further than the Canaries on my own before so be great to get to know someone before I go :)

• 13 Jul 2011 Explorer1119838 said

Default_avatar

Hey!

I’m booked for the Grand Adventurer (Auckland-Christchurch) for 8th-20th January 2012 with my sister. Would you rather go in February or is January close enough?

• 13 Jul 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

Hi

Thank you for your reply! I booked on Monday to start my tour on 3rd February. What a shame we didn’t speak sooner because January would have been ok for me! You will have to let me know about your experience when you do go, I am really looking forward to mine!
    Where are you travelling from?

• 14 Jul 2011 Explorer1119838 said

Default_avatar

No worries, will do. I keep checking Contiki to see who else will be on the tour. We got our tour booked back in January, so we’ve got a year to wait and save. I’m from West Australia, so I’ve only got a 7 hour flight to get there. Where are you travelling from?

• 14 Jul 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

I’m travelling from Birmingham in the U.K, so I fly to Dubai on 31st Jan, then to Auckland on 1st Feb, arriving on the 2nd February, it’s a long journey, but will be so worth it..!
    I keep checking to see if anyone is travelling the same time as me, but there aren’t many people on here sometimes.. I have hardly ever travelled on my own before so bit aprehensive..

• 16 Jul 2011 Explorer1119838 said

Default_avatar

Yes it will definitely be worth it! New Zealand is an amazing country! I’ve been wanting to do since 2008! I flew over to Ireland last year with my family, and we flew to Dubai on the way over. Dubai’s airport is really nice, and it’s easy to get through as well! You will be fine going solo, is this your first Contiki trip? I’ve done Contiki twice before, with a friend and solo. Both times were as good as the other!

• 20 Jul 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

It is good to know that dubai is an easy airport to change at, I was a little worried, he he.. Yes this is my first Contiki, I am excited to meet the people I will travel with.

• 21 Jul 2011 Explorer1119838 said

Default_avatar

You will love the Contiki experience!!! I couldn’t get over how easy it was to get through Dubia airport. Everything was well signed and the staff are very friendly and the airport is so clean!!!! You can literally see your reflection on the floor-it is like you are walking on a sheet of glass! It is so spotless

• 31 Jul 2011 Angelicus said

Angelicus

im on the revers trip. im going from queens to Auckend. february 19 to mar 2 2012.

• 2 Aug 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

I will be on my way home as you start your trip then..! Really excited about seeing Dubai airport now too :)

• 2 Aug 2011 Angelicus said

Angelicus

nice. i hope you have fun. im rilly exited to going to spend my birthday there :)

• 14 Aug 2011 BacheloretteStyle said

BacheloretteStyle

Hiya!

We’ve created a facebook page, search – Grand Explorer 3rd Feb 2012 New Zealand Contiki Tour

Anyone whos joining this tour shud join up!

Casey & JIll

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion