Community_discussions_small  

Question

Amsterdam new years..who's going?

6 Jul 2011 Newbie asked

Default_avatar

I've booked for amsterdam to see in 2012, just wondered who's going?..if anyones been and can recommend any good places if interest including coffee shops, clubs ect..
Happy traveling

• 6 Aug 2011 Erin86 said

Default_avatar

I am thinking of joining this tour after doing the London-Paris tour – so I would take the train back to London from Paris. I am actually coming from Los Angeles, California. 25 year old female

• 25 Aug 2011 Newbie said

Default_avatar

cool, hope to see you there, 30yr female

• 13 Sep 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am going to the Amsterdam New Year with my sister! (26, f, and 23 f, from the US) We are spending a few days in London, and then traveling over by boat on the 27th of December! Have you been before? Are you going just for this trip, or as part of a big trip?

• 13 Sep 2011 Newbie said

Default_avatar

hi, i’ve been twice before but never alone! (im going solo) am excited and nervous at the same time, im just doing the new yrs trip

• 14 Sep 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

That’s great, I was thinking of trying a tour next year solo, thinking about Eastern Europe, or Croatia! Are you from the US? I know my sister and I have so many places that we want to see in that short time! I have never been to Amsterdam, so I am super excited!

• 14 Sep 2011 Christian said

Christian

Hey how are you going? My contiki tour will be in Amsterdam for new years eve, and then im thinking i will hang around for a few days after. I have been to Amsterdam twice before, and can suggest some of the more popular places to check out: coffee shops, the well known grasshopper and clubs: Paradiso, and the Melkweg. The main two areas to party are Leidseplein square (Light Square) and the Rembrandtplein square (Rememberance Square).. hope that kinda helps .. 22 M Australia

• 14 Sep 2011 eva_b said

Default_avatar

Amsterdam is great. Have been there many times on new years Eve.
    Maybe this year again, otherwise I go to Berlin. To the magnificent fireworks at the Brandenburger Tor.

• 14 Sep 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

Hey, Thats awesome! What tour are you on? You should meet up with us if you are sticking around! Are you spending a lot of time traveling over the holidays? I met some awesome Aussies on one of my last contiki trips!

• 15 Sep 2011 Christian said

Christian

Im doing European Vista from the 12th of Dec – 1st Jan… i’ll be in london from the 6th until the tour starts, and then, i believe the plans are to stay in amsterdam for a few days after the new year! I fly back to Aus jan 9th at this stage as i may have to be back for work, but my friend is staying in europe until march travelling around, taking it as it comes! would be great to catch up, for sure! when do you land and plan on doing, apart from amsterdam new years of course.

• 15 Sep 2011 eva_b said

Default_avatar

I’m not sure yet but I’m considering the European Encounter (Winter) tour.
    Unfortunately I don’t travel a lot. Money is the problem :(
    I’m saving hard and working hard. After study time I make advertises for creams. It is called
    bb cream .

• 15 Sep 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

Explorer1291264- My sister and I will be in London on the 28th, and 29th, and then taking the boat to Amsterdam on the 30th-2nd. I haven’t been to London in a while, so we plan on being total tourists ;) and maybe taking a day tour to Stonehenge and Bath on the 29th. I have never been to Amsterdam, so I am excited to see a new European city, and definitely welcome your suggestions! BTW, I am SO jealous of your friend who gets to travel through March! I wish!!

• 16 Sep 2011 Christian said

Christian

London’s great hey, i dont think i will ever get over it. Amsterdam is lovely also, everyone is so nice and pleasant there. I can throw some suggestions your way for sure, for amsterdam or london? Im highly jealous of my friend too, i’ll most likely be working when he is still travelling around europe haha

• 16 Sep 2011 eva_b said

Default_avatar

Amsterdam is a beautiful old town. Many tourists come of course for something else. Wink, wink, wink …. But besides that it’s just a beautiful city.

• 16 Sep 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

Explorer1291264- We are pretty packed for London, but restaurant suggestions are welcome! Any suggestions for Amsterdam as well! -eva_b, I am very excited to experience the beauty of Amsterdam, but I hope its not TOO cold to enjoy it that week! :)

• 18 Sep 2011 Explorer1293322 said

Default_avatar

Me and My boyfriend just booked the amsterdam new years tour! 21 F and 24 M

who else will be there? :)

• 20 Sep 2011 eva_b said

Default_avatar

I am also delighted to go to Amsterdam. I want to visit the Dam, the Anna Frank museum and of course a coffee shop. :D

• 20 Sep 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

Cant wait to meet you guys!

• 26 Sep 2011 Olivia said

Olivia

oh rad!! are any of you guys doing the Amsterdam NYE tour from the 30/12-01/01??

• 26 Sep 2011 Explorer1297429 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, my gf and I (M29-F26)are going, we’re planning on being in Paris from the 27th-28th, London on the 29th and staying in Amsterdam from the 2-5th of Jan. If anyone wants to get together before or after the tour feel free to message me. Looking forward to travel with all of you. First time to Europe for the both of us.

• 26 Sep 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

@Olivia, My sister and I are going on the tour on the 30th! See you there!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion