Community_discussions_small  

Question

Amsterdam new years..who's going?

6 Jul 2011 Newbie asked

Default_avatar

I've booked for amsterdam to see in 2012, just wondered who's going?..if anyones been and can recommend any good places if interest including coffee shops, clubs ect..
Happy traveling

• 12 Nov 2011 Newbie said

Default_avatar

so far i think the laws are just in talks, nothing concrete…anyone getting more n more excited, i’ve already checked out a few muesums i wanna visit

• 15 Nov 2011 Ella said

Default_avatar

Hey!! Im doing the Amsterdam tour for new year, im a 25yr female from australia.. going solo!! Soo pumped :) See ya’s all there!

• 15 Nov 2011 Tomazio said

Tomazio

Me and three others have just booked into this tour, from NZ and Aust, 2 male, 2 female, 21 & 24,but living in London. This will be our 2nd contiki tour, following a 46 day camping one. Can’t wait!!

• 16 Nov 2011 AbeL said

AbeL

The more the merrier on this trip! I’m looking forward to some fun and partying on this trip!

• 4 Dec 2011 Newbie said

Default_avatar

whoop whoop i got my tickets thru and name of the hotel! its come round so quick!

• 5 Dec 2011 AbeL said

AbeL

I am not to enthusiastic with our hotel location (near the airport) BUT I dont think we will spend much time there so it wont probably matter. We can share CABS back if we need to and split the costs…. ALso, I found this story regarding the new laws.. Apparently we are good to go cause they wont come into effect in Amsterdam until 2013!! Wooo! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/netherlands-coffee-shops-marijuana-tourists_n_1095231.html

• 5 Dec 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

I saw that as well, big bummer that the hotel is not in the city, as they’d have you believe…oh well, hopefully it is cheap to go in and out..

• 5 Dec 2011 Kat said

Kat

Hey all! My partner and I are staying at the New England Hotel in Victoria, its about a 20 min drive from where we’re meeting? Is anybody else in that area or close by? Cause we arrive at 5am on the 29th (EEW! lol) so have a few days before we leave and would be keen to catch up and explore :D

• 7 Dec 2011 Explorer1330297 said

Default_avatar

Hi! is anyone going to be in Amsterdam on the 29th? I will be there one day before the tour begins. My first contiki btw.

• 8 Dec 2011 Moe_Khawaja said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, thinking of booking this today – First time with Contiki 26 M, really excited to start my contiki adventure(s) with a NYE bash !

• 11 Dec 2011 David_Melbourne said

Default_avatar

Hi all, also thinking of joining this trip, will meet at Amsterdam though on the morning of the 30th. Does anyone know if there are still vacancies? 25 M Melbourne (Aus). Will anyone else check in at the hostel before the tour arrives??

• 12 Dec 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

Hi David! I think there are some spots left, on the page it says that there is still room, but you might want to call them and see! Does anyone know if we will be given transportation to and from the club on new years?

• 12 Dec 2011 Moe_Khawaja said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone – all booked and very excited about this trip !! @Explorer1203049 regardless if they do or don’t we can all split cabs to make it cheaper. Pretty sure they will do something though. Also is anyone staying the night before in the Imperial Hotel in London ?

• 12 Dec 2011 Explorer1203049 said

Default_avatar

Hi @Explorer1330891! Good idea! My sister and I will be in London the night of the 28th and 29th, we are going to Stonehenge on the 29th all day! Maybe we can catch up with you for dinner or something!

• 13 Dec 2011 David_Melbourne said

Default_avatar

Anyone starting off in Amsterdam, and staying at the same hotel before hand? I will be there before if anyone is interested in meeting up.

• 13 Dec 2011 AbeL said

AbeL

I arrive to London from LA @11am on the 29th, so whomever wants to get together late afternoon for some early pub crawling, let me know! I’ve had a rough time at work recently with our secretary dying Saturday of cancer and my boss TODAY having a kidney transplant from his wife no less, so my nerves are wearing thin. I need these few days to just forget about reality.. I am booked at the Imperial for the 29th and am ready to rock.. I am staying in Amsterdam one extra day as well; I booked the night of Jan 2 at the Bull Dog hostel and fly back to California Jan 3; in case anyone else is staying xtra in Amsterdam it would be good to have someone to chill with…

• 13 Dec 2011 Newbie said

Default_avatar

i’ll be traveling up to london on the day we depart 30th, really looking forward to meeting everyone

• 14 Dec 2011 Explorer1330297 said

Default_avatar

i get there on the 29th and i will be staying at the aiport hotel that one of the tours is staying at. anyone else there that night? I am keen to meet up for a few drinks with anyone

• 14 Dec 2011 David_Melbourne said

Default_avatar

Explorer1330297, I'll either be there the night before or the morning of the 30th (traveling solo). Send me an email/ facebook to nile_001hotmail.com if you are keen to meet up before the tour.

• 14 Dec 2011 laura898 said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’ll be on this years New Years Amsterdam trip! I’m a 20yr/o female from Australia. I’m staying at the Royal National hotel in London the night before. Anyone else going to be there? Can’t wait to meet you all! Laura.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion