Community_discussions_small  

Question

Has anyone done the Beaches and Reefs Tour?

17 Jul 2011 Explorer1268453 asked

Default_avatar

Hi, I'm thinking about doing the beaches and reefs tour over December and I was wondering if anyone who has done it has any suggestions? Or just general comments about their experience on the tour. Thanks!!

• 17 Jul 2011 Natalie. said

Natalie.

Hi, i have booked my beaches and reefs tour for the 25 of december. i havn’t found out much about the tour but im sure it will be very good =] what date were you thinking of booking?
    Natalie.

• 13 Aug 2011 Maggie said

Maggie

Hey guys. I am in the process of taking a month off work to do the Thai Island Hopper on 30 November and the reefs& beaches on 10th december. I will be travelling on my own so i think the tour would be best and safest option to get to see Thailand and the East Coast of Oz. Hopefully i get the go ahead in work :)

• 14 Aug 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

I booked myself on the beaches and reefs with sailing starting in Cairns on September 17th. Should be an amazing trip as I have never been to Australia.

• 14 Aug 2011 Maggie said

Maggie

Make sure you come back on here and let us know how it goes! I find out tomorrow if im allowed take the month off work to do both tours so fingers crossed!

• 14 Aug 2011 Anthony_UK said

Anthony_UK

Will do, I’m looking forward to it gonna do 3 weks in Australia this year. I’m sure if you give enough notice then it shouldn’t be a problem. I applied for 4 weeks off work back in April so glad that’s all ok.

• 15 Aug 2011 StephOnnie1313 said

StephOnnie1313

I signed up for the B&R w/ whitsundays Dec 15th starting in Cairns. I am ready and really looking forward to it.

• 15 Aug 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I just came back from doing the Aussie Explorer which is the beaches/reefs and territory/outback tours. If you have any questions about the beeches and reefs I could try and answer them for you.

• 16 Aug 2011 Maggie said

Maggie

how was it Kelsey? Are you travelling for long periods of time on the coach??

• 17 Aug 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

It was lots of fun and you get to see and do alot. There is a mixture of short and long driving days.

• 17 Aug 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

I’m planning on doing this tour leaving 25th december can’t wait :-)

• 31 Oct 2011 Amanda_15 said

Amanda_15

I have booked this tour for the 27th of november, starting in sydney. I just graduated and i needed to get out of my home town! I am by my self, and living in sydney right now. I can’t wait to go on this tour and meet some new people.

• 31 Oct 2011 Maggie said

Maggie

Have a great time Amanda and post back to let us know how you got on. I am booked for the 10 dec tour :)

• 11 Nov 2011 bee_anx said

bee_anx

Hi Maggie- I’m also doing the 10 dec tour – I’m also travelling on my own and thought that contiki would be the best way to do so! Really excited !! Hope you enjoy Thailand too – I originally wanted to do Vietnam but the guy I was going with couldn’t anymore, and somehow I came across beaches&reefs and it sounded PERFECT, who wouldn’t want to spend practically all of your holiday in the sun and surf!

• 11 Nov 2011 Maggie said

Maggie

Hi Bianca- Nice to meet you!. delighted you are joining us I have only been chatting to one other person on this tour for 10 Dec as of yet. Cant wait to get travelling now for the few weeks im leaving Ireland on 28 Nov so not long more to wait….. Really looking forward to both Thailand And Oz and hopefully i will do laos vietnam and cambodia tour over the next year or so. So hard to decide which tour they all sound so amazing…. Where are you from? Love your profile pic!! :)

• 11 Nov 2011 bee_anx said

bee_anx

Great to meet you too!
    I’m already excited for December so you must be counting down the days by now!!
    I also found it so hard to choose! I did European Discovery about 3years ago with my older sister and I absolutely LOVED it, the tour and the awesome people you meet =)
    Thanks! That was one of my favorite experiences this year!!!
    I’m from South Africa…
    Very keen to hear all about Thailand when you get to Oz!! =)

• 11 Nov 2011 Maggie said

Maggie

Really? So it is true once you go on a contiki you’ll go again?! Really looking forward to meeting new people and listening to all their stories. Will fill you in on Thailand defo…. hopefully there will be no hiccups along the way with regards to flight changing etc. if you are on facebook add me my e-mail is maggieperse07@hotmail.com See you soon :))

• 22 Dec 2011 Mark said

Mark

Went on beaches and reefs from Sydney in February. Definately a good trip, get to meet lots of people and see some cool places! Excited for anyone going!

• 31 Jan 2012 stampadhesive said

stampadhesive

I did this tour in 2009 and it was amazing. The rainforest was my favorite part. It is worth the money. I saw a lot of things I wouldn’t have know about if I had traveled on my own. I’d suggest you fly into Cairns a few days early to get over your airplane legs! Mine were so puffy. I flew in 5 days early, stayed in a cheap hostel on the beach, and traveled around the surrounding area by public transit. There was enough to do. I’d recommend you go see the animal preserve in Cairns if you go early. You can get there by bus. Dress nicely, go right when it opens, and immediately go take a picture holding a kola. That way you won’t be all sweaty in your kola picture like I was : ( When you get to Sydney, the tour is over. Me and my tour mates took a day train to the Blue Mountains. That was also an amazing experience and well worth the money. Overall, remember on your trip that you paid good money to do the things offered so you might as well do them. A lot of people refused to get in ‘refreshing’ water and stood on the sidelines watching people like me have an awesome time.

• 31 Jan 2012 stampadhesive said

stampadhesive

Ah sorry. Now that I think about it, I did the Reefs and Rainforests tour, which is the beaches and reefs tour with an additional trek to the rainforest in Cairns. But everything I said still counts.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion