Community_discussions_small  

Question

euro escapade aug 13 2011

18 Jul 2011 Jeff-CDN asked

Jeff-CDN

anyone going on this tour on this date? was considering going on this one , or a similar one around this time , just trying to see whos going ... im travelling solo so why not try to meet some people here first rright?

• 18 Jul 2011 Rod Jones! said

Rod Jones!

Hey man there isnt a european escapade tour on the 13th there is on the 15th tho? we have made a facebook group for this tour and i think its the only one still available around this time. Add me on facebook if you like man. There is about 10 of in the group so far and trying to find afew others.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=525915880

• 18 Jul 2011 Rod Jones! said

Rod Jones!

and im going solo too. Heaps of ppl on this tour are going by themselves and they sound like a kool bunch of ppl.

• 18 Jul 2011 Jeff-CDN said

Jeff-CDN

i havent booked anything yet , i know its last minute but im still deciding.. but these dates are all F@#Ked . i was trying to go on the august 21st euro escapade but when i go to “dates and prices” the only dates are august 1,3,13,19,27 and 31st , and the only one with spots available is the 13th……. doesnt make sense when i spoke to people other people going on this tour their all leaving on the 21st , but that date doesnt show on my contiki . they are mostly from aussie… maybe they offer different dates depending on where your from :S…. ill have to call contiki and figure this all out

• 18 Jul 2011 Nikkie said

Nikkie

There’s a few of us on a tour leaving on Sept 11! We are all travelling alone too – food for thought :)

Jeff-CDN

sept 11… im not american but still that date is alittle spooky

Nikkie

hahaha i thought that too – but the tour leaves from London on that date so no planes involved :)

Jeff-CDN
    i guess im supersticious. i was really hoping to go in august .. i live in vancouver , normally our weather from may-end of september is 25-33 degrees celcius/hot and sunny … its been raining and cold our whole summer , damn global warming!! so i kinda wanna split in august , save whats left of the summer , altho things are mostly booked up so.. there is a possibility that ill end up on your tour ;)

Nikkie

hahaha well hopefully you get on an August one then! I needed the little bit of extra time to save some more money! Good luck :)

• 19 Jul 2011 Rod Jones! said

Rod Jones!

Like i said man already chattin to a few ppl on aug 15th departure. Would be awesome if you could make it on this one. I dont get the dates but im 100% sure this one is 15th August coz ive paid in full for it haha

• 19 Jul 2011 Jeff-CDN said

Jeff-CDN

the august 13 i see on my screen and the august 15 may acutally be the same date , someone brought time zones up to me… and said the euruop is basically a day ahead ( im from vancouver bc canada) so it may by listed as the 13th on the canadian site. and 15 for elsewhere! sounds goofy , but kinda makes sense when u think about it

• 20 Jul 2011 Rod Jones! said

Rod Jones!

haha yeah that would make sense! Any closer to making a decision? Have you done contiki before?

• 20 Jul 2011 Jeff-CDN said

Jeff-CDN

never really travelled , been to lasvegas a few times and cancun once. never been on a contiki , friends have and said it was great …. hectic tho. anyway im still looking at a vacancy for the aug 21st date. but i cant book anything until next week so who knows if ill get a spot.. just trying to straighten something out , but im sure ill get on a tour.

• 31 Jul 2011 vdubgrrl83 said

Default_avatar

Jeff, the contiki tour I booked said it starts on the 13th of august and ends on the 8th of september.

• 12 Apr 2012 Michael said

Michael

2012 is August 13

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.