Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Zealand January 2012!!

18 Jul 2011 Kay22 asked

Kay22

Anyone else leaving in Jan?!

My first tour so very excited!

Any advice would be great! Mainly about what to pack as I have no idea!

Can't wait!

• 20 Jul 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I think i will just miss you! My tour leaves on the 14th of jan! I’m doing the grand explorer leaving from Auckland and ending in queenstown as I’m off to Australia afterwards!

I am aware it’s 6 months away but I already have no idea what to pack as it seems the weather can go from on extreme to the other in new Zealand! So seems I’m packing for all occasions! Haha

You going solo or have you got company?

• 21 Jul 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Only to Sydney as my other halts auntie lives there so seeing as we are flying all the way from England thought we would say hi! And I have never been and really wanted to go! We were going to travel but sadly work gets in the way! So hopefully that’s our next trip! Where about’s are you from? I’m travelling with my other half but we are pretty independent so I know it won’t be a problem for us :)

• 22 Jul 2011 Sophie said

Sophie

iim going on the grand adventurer 2 jan starting in christchurch, finishing in auckland. the day you finish. pity. still yet to find someone on my tour. but the anticipation of findning someone on mine is killing me, have a great tour

• 29 Jul 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

Hi, I’m not touring until 3rd feb, grand explorer 15 day auckland to christchurch, but I am also travelling from England.. My flight leaves on 31st Jan and don’t arrive in Auckland til 2nd Feb.. Really looking forward to it, and to hopefully finding someone who is on the same tour as me!

• 29 Jul 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Aww that sucks! You leave england the same time i leave to come home! You’ll be all excited and i’ll be crying as it over haha No i haven’t found anyone else yet either but i figure its early days so hopefully someone will pop up! :) Who are you flying with?

• 2 Aug 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

Yeah, I’m sure we will find other people on here that are on our tours before we leave! I booked my flights with the Emirates, it was £1100 return which was the cheapest I could find.. Might start doing a tour a year now, well if this one goes ok..! I figured once I travel to NZ on my own, I can go anywhere :D xx

• 2 Aug 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Yea that sounds about average to be honest! I’m having to fly with two different airlines as i go to sydney for a few days after the tour is over to see some family! Which worked out more expensive but not much could be done about it! Yea thats my plan as well! xx

• 15 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Hey I planning to book on the grand explorer leaving Auckland on the 14th! But I’m gonna be finishing in christchurch. So so excited. Might see you there

• 15 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Yay some one the same tour! Was starting to think no one else was coming haha we wanted to continue on till christchurch but had to cut it short by a few days as we are off to sydney!

So good that you get to do the full tour thou :) where abouts are you coming from? are you staying at the hotel the night before the tour starts?

• 15 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I haven’t booked yet but hopefully in the next couple of days. I’m coming from just outside Cardiff and travelling on my own. I’m going to try and stay at the me cure, not sure at the mo if I’m going to get in one or two days before. To be truthful, everything is a bit up in the air and only decided to go about a week ago. I’m not really a spur of the moment person but I’m trying it out. I’ll be much happier when they put the 14th as a definate departure. Where you travelling from?

• 16 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I know that feeling all too well and believe me some of the best choices i have ever made have been spur of the moment ones! I never was untill about a year ago! haha!

Yea i know I keep checking back hoping its up but still nothing, ah well hopefully it will be soon :) I’m travelling out of heathrow on the 11th of Jan as i’m from the south of england! We get there on the 12th at like 23.45 so really we have day in Auckland before the tour starts!

Hope you figure out what you want to do! I’m sue it will be one the best things you ever do :)

• 17 Sep 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

Hi Anymoo, I’m leaving from Birmingham on 31st jan, arrive in Auckland on 2nd feb to start the 15 day grand explorer on the 3rd, I know there are at least 2 other people on this tour so far too.. I’m also travelling on my own from the UK so am pretty scared, but also so excited.! If those dates are any good to you, be great to see you there.!

• 19 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Hey tez
    Will look into those dates, don’t really have a much restriction on when as long as I can convince my boss to give me the time off. I’ve got the holiday time but I’m only allowed two weeks together without special permission from the man at the top.

• 19 Sep 2011 Kyls & Brit said

Kyls & Brit

My cousin and i are about to book the tour leaving Jan 14th 2012.
    First tour for my cousin second for myself. Looks like an awesome tour. Who else is on the 14th?

• 20 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I know that feeling Amymoo… thankfully i got my holiday in very early so getting 3 weeks off wasn’t as much of a problem as I thought it was going to be! The tour has come up as a definate departure now which is such a big weight of my shoulders!! Even more excited now!

• 20 Sep 2011 Tez090585 said

Tez090585

Hi Amy
    I understand completely, I booked mine fairly early too, but also asked if i could be paid for 2 weeks out of 3 so that I still have plenty of holiday for the rest of the year! Eventually my boss agreed..! Let me know how you get on :) xxx

• 24 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I coming!!!!!! Booked yesterday. For those people who are starting on the 14th, I will see you there. I’m planning on staying in at the mercure, so if anyone wants to meet up for drinks or food the night before, I’m your girl. I get in on the 12th. Even more excited now that I’ve booked. Will stop rambling soon.

• 24 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Hey! Thats great news! well done for getting it booked :) Where are you flying from? I also get in on the 12th but at 23.45 so straight to bed for me! haha I’ll be at the mercure as well so i’m sure I will see you about and on the 14th!! don’t worry i’ve been rambling since i booked it and that was like 3 months ago! it doesn’t go away! it just gets worse the closer it gets haha!

• 26 Sep 2011 Explorer1127991 said

Explorer1127991

I’m going to book one of the tours the first week of January. Anyone else?

• 26 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Oh come on the one starting the 14th in Auckland. We’ll have a blast

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.