Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Zealand January 2012!!

18 Jul 2011 Kay22 asked

Kay22

Anyone else leaving in Jan?!

My first tour so very excited!

Any advice would be great! Mainly about what to pack as I have no idea!

Can't wait!

• 29 Sep 2011 Explorer1380985 said

Explorer1380985

Just booked Grand Explorer Jan 14th starting Auckland → Christchurch. Anybody else getting in early?

• 29 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I’m getting there mid afternoon on the 12th after the most convoluted flight in the world. Starting to bore people already and there’s three months to go. Are you staying at the mercure?

• 29 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Don’t worry! Wait till you get back from the tour and can’t stop taking about it haha! I should be staying at the mercure! Have to go in and book it thou as didn’t have the money when I booked my flights and everything! So fingers crossed that’s where I’m staying!! The flight is going to kill me I can tell! Who you flying with?

• 29 Sep 2011 KristieLee said

KristieLee

Hey all, My name is Kristie and im booked for the grand explorer auck-christ, but my dates are for december, but will be changed to the 14th january, so excited :) cant wait. not long to go.

• 29 Sep 2011 Marz87 said

Marz87

Im doing the grand explorer – starting 6th of January! I start in Christchurch though and finish in Auckland

• 29 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Hey Kristie, hope your as excited as the rest of us! How come your dates were changed? but yay another person on board!!

Default_avatar

Hey kristie
    Really good to have find someone else going.
    Hey explorer1207867, have you booked the mercure yet because I found it on last minute.com much cheaper than i was offered by the STA. Whats your name? Explorer1207867 is a bit of a mouthful

• 29 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

No haven’t booked it yet so thank you for the advice! What was the price difference? Haha it’s Kay :)

Default_avatar

I got for 135 for two nights, STA offered me something silly like 200. Don’t know what you’ve been quoted. I’m traveling with Emirates on the 10th. I’m a bit worried as I’ve never really got the hang of traveling light. Is this your first contiki tour?

• 29 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I will see what they offer me! :) thank you for the advice! Yea this is my first and packing light is not my thing!! Haha it’s going to be challenge! People telling me to pack for all seasons! So confusing! You leave the day before me! I leave in the morning on the 11th, with Singapore air!

• 29 Sep 2011 KristieLee said

KristieLee

hey Kay, yes im so excited and cannot wait, it is going to be a awsome :) this is my first contiki trip and im going solo too, so glad to see there are a few people on this tour, yay. its going to be great. i changed my dates because i had to priortise a few things before i go away. will be flying in on the 13th get there in the afternoon. :)

• 29 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Hey kristie, I’m guessing your from Australia if you can leave and get in the same afternoon! Haha least us first timers will know each other! I am coming with my other half but he has done two tours before! We’re both pretty independent people so be nice to have some girly company!

• 30 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I’m a solo too. I’ve done a short trip in the US with another company but nothing this long or this far from home. We’ll be on the trip for my birthday so I’ll expect you to help me celebrate. At the stage of trying not to panic about getting old. If anyone wants to chat, I’m on Facebook. Just give me a bell.

• 30 Sep 2011 KristieLee said

KristieLee

Hey Kay, yep im from Australia. and i seen in your last comments that your coming from england, haha too right. just a shame that you’s are leaving the tour, but thats all good im sure your time with us will be well worth it aswell as sydney. oh thats great, definetley have some girly company, its going to be fun. very much looking forward to the activies, haha im already scared about the skydiving and its 3 months away still. lol who knows i might chicken out.

KristieLee

haha woo hoo we can help you celebrate your bday chick. haha never old, always young in the heart. were are you coming from? okay i will try and find you on fb.

KristieLee

lol i cant find you fb amy, there are heaps.

Default_avatar

Amy Rees, I’m coming from South Wales. The original one, not that new one you guys have got in Oz. So a long flight for me too. How many in-flight movies can I watch on a 30ish hour flight?

Default_avatar

Oh my god, just searched myself on Facebook and there’s loads of me. My profile pic is of an fire hydrant painted like a dog!!!! If that’s any help. I need a more original name, what do we think of Tallula naveah?

• 30 Sep 2011 Explorer1380985 said

Explorer1380985

Getting in on the 12th, but EARLY! Just found out I can use airline miles for the Mercure so will likely be staying there as well… In regards to your guys thoughts on packing, considering bringing an empty backpack and a toothbrush etc and seeing what I come home with… Most likely excessive Lord of the rings paraphernalia and constant judgement.

Default_avatar

Mmm interesting? Maybe some underwear and you’re all set. As I said before I can’t travel light, so I’m bound to have something you can share. Is pink your colour? I get in on the 12th too. You’re from the US right? Does it take long to get to NZ? As for LOR paraphernalia, I’m not sure you can get an orc through customs

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion