Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Zealand January 2012!!

18 Jul 2011 Kay22 asked

Kay22

Anyone else leaving in Jan?!

My first tour so very excited!

Any advice would be great! Mainly about what to pack as I have no idea!

Can't wait!

• 30 Sep 2011 Kyls & Brit said

Kyls & Brit

Hey Guys
    My Cousin and i will be joining you on the 14th Jan.
    Really excited
    This is my second tour and my cousins first.
    We are from the Gold Coast in QLd
    Kristie lee where abouts in aus are you from. We are getting in on the 13th too prob flying Jet Star, havent booked flights yet.
    So excited cant wait to meet you all

• 30 Sep 2011 KristieLee said

KristieLee

haha thats what i thought to when trying to find you. lol you will be watching quite a few movies i think amy, lol yep that name sounds good haha it would be easier to find. and looks like i will be getting in on the 12th aswell, couldnt change my flight for the 13th. but yay an extra night :) hey kyls and brit glad your on tour too, its very exciting, but grr time is going slow. im from Darwin, yes cant wait to meet you’s all too. has anyone been to NZ before?

Kyls & Brit

I use to live in darwin kristie lee, about two years …. small world. I was in palmerston only lasted a year :( but was an awesome year.
    I just found $99 flights with jet star so stoked pretty sure ill book them tonight.
    both brit and i havent been to NZ before i was going to go snow boarding there last month but couldnt get the funds in time. I hear its amazing and beautiful … cant wait!!!!!

• 30 Sep 2011 KristieLee said

KristieLee

oh wow it is a small world, haha you did well to last a year, glad to hear you had a good year though. the gold coast would be heaps good. i hope to move somewhere different soon :) thats so cheap, yeah i probably would too, get in before they change :) what dates are you looking at? yeah snow boarding would be so much fun, but there are plenty of times ahead of us :) i have been watching some youtube videos and pictures, it looks exactly as they say it is. haha i know i just want time to fly. :) oh yeah i seen on one video that they have a costume party on a boat, sorta like wear anything thats not you, lol so before we leave thats something we will have to remember to pack. :) unless they provide them, not too sure.

• 30 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Wow! Cause I started this thread I have just woken up to 19 emails saying people have responded! Love it! Amy: I’ll try and find you on Facebook as that will make life so much easier! And yes we will definitely help you celebrate your birthday! What a great way to spend it! And kristie: yea I wanted to stay for the full tour but sadly I just couldn’t get the time off to finish the tour and spend a decent amount of time on Sydney! But I finish in queenstown so i’m sure I won’t be going quietly! Haha also welcome to all the others that have joined the conversation! I can’t wait!

• 30 Sep 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Also guys find me on Facebook! Names Kay Gibson and my picture is me at 5 with Santa! (birthday next week was feeling old haha hence the picture)

• 30 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Hi kyls and Brit, yeah! More people although I’m starting to feel a bit old. Hoping I’m not going to be the granny of the trip, I can cope with mum. If I start spitting on a hankie and wiping people’s faces please stop me.

Kyls & Brit

Hey amymoo, im sure your not the granny of the trip how old will you be turning…. i havent gone back through the convos so may be repeating questions sorry. when is your bday?
    Kay ill try find you on facey.
    and kristie lee on my last tour we had a surpirse P party night where we had to dress up as anything starting with a p. Its amasing what you can find in your hotel to dress up as was alot of fun so hopefully they have something like that.

• 30 Sep 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I’ll be the distinguished age of 29, my bday on the 18th. It’ll be day 5 of our trip.One more year to go before the big 30 and I’m already planning to spend that one in Vegas.

• 1 Oct 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Yay find me :) I tried to find you but didn’t know what your picture was like, so I didn’t want to go adding random people! Haha oooh a p party… In some ways I wish they told us as I have so much fancy dress stuff at home!! I think the optional dinner cruise is fancy dress :)

• 4 Oct 2011 Kyls & Brit said

Kyls & Brit

Thats exciting you get to celebrate your bday on tour… will be a great day and night :) lots of celebration drinks i think and kay just added you …. it was the only kay gibson with a santa pic so hope its you :)

• 4 Oct 2011 Mego22 said

Mego22

I booked the grand explorer (Auckland to Christchurch) for the 1st week in Jan think departure is the 4th but im heading over on the 3rd since im coming from the US… if someone else is on this tour let me know… im getting excited just nervous about not knowing a single person the first day lol

• 4 Oct 2011 KristieLee said

KristieLee

Hey all, haha your right kay im sure you’s wont be leaving quietly too. Dress up party sounds fun, that would be so much fun finding things to wear/make like you were saying Kyls and Brit, i hope they have somethin like it, would be funny to see what we would come up with :) haha amy your far from granny, you probably could drink us under the table though lol. well i know i have a few and thats me lol. yes you will have an awesome bday. haha it will be that good we might have to pull the hankie out on you lol. though im not to sure how any of you’s cope with hangovers, haha im a walking zombie, and would really hate to be sick on the bus the next day, so i will try and behave myself girls and boys. hehe. hey kyls and brit do you have a fb page? explorer 1292029 thats great your on tour, you will have so much fun, but our tour starts on the 14th, shame you couldnt join us, but we might end up seeing each other on tour maybe, not too sure. haha it is very daunting not knowing anyone but thats what makes a good trip i suppose, meeting new people, and this site does make it easier getting to know your contiki friends before leaving :) and i hope you find someone soon on your tour :)

KristieLee

oh and i forgot to ask, on the last day of the tour, do i need to book a room in christchurch, if im flying out on the 16th day? not too sure. thanks

• 4 Oct 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Hi
    I was told that the tour finished late afternoon on the 28th so if you’re flying out on the 29th you’ll probably need somewhere to kip. I’m booked in to the end hotel, is it Bealeys??? for two nights. Felt I might need to recover after the last night. If you’re flying out on the 28th, you can always stash your stuff in my room til you’re ready to leave. 98 sleeps to go, well for me as I leave the UK on the 10th

• 4 Oct 2011 Explorer1289077 said

Explorer1289077

hey im from NZ, jan/feb is the hottest time in NZ in the north island. around 28-30 .c daily, night time still drops to around 15-20 .c so you need jackets for night time and probably jeans. South island is generally a bit colder. Nightlife you would wear the same clothing as anywhere eld in the world if your going to a club but pubs and day time venues are casual. want any local traveler tips, sites to see that your tour manager wont know about, let me know!

KristieLee

thanks amy yep i think i will need one nights recovery too. lol. cool i will see if i can book a room so i can fly out later the next day. yay hope time flys, so cant wait. hey explorer 1289077 that is great, i love hot weather, haha dont do well with cold weather at all. awseome i will be sure to pack all of those, and thanks for your advice and if there is anything i want to know, i will be sure to ask you.

• 5 Oct 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

It’s like explorer 1289077 read my mind I was just going to ask about packing advice because trying to get summer stuff in the uk during winter not easy! So have been buying bits over the summer and sounds like I have been doing the right thing! The weather is sounding very similar to England so I’m sure I will be fine :) so thank you for the advice! :) eep so excited! I’m off round the med in two weeks with the fam but will counting down when I get back! I leave on the 11th of jan so similar to Amy!

• 5 Oct 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

When’s everyone flying back?

• 5 Oct 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I leave in queenstown as I’m off to sydney so the 26th! Guessing I’ll be on one the first!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion