Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Zealand January 2012!!

18 Jul 2011 Kay22 asked

Kay22

Anyone else leaving in Jan?!

My first tour so very excited!

Any advice would be great! Mainly about what to pack as I have no idea!

Can't wait!

• 20 Oct 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

There’s a couple of us doing the grand explorer starting jan14 in Auckland. I can’t wait, the time is flying by though.

• 24 Oct 2011 elk said

elk

i’m doing the 15 day grand explorer that starts on the 7th of jan.
    and if i dont jump off a perfectly good bridge while in queenstown, i will be kicking myself!
    you cant go to nz and not bungee!!!
    have bought my travel journal. need another SD card!

• 4 Nov 2011 Maik said

Maik

I just booked the Grand Explorer starting on 14 Jan in Auckland. Getting in on the 12th too.
    If anyone is at Singapore Changi Airport on the 11th: I have a 4hrs stop over and will depart there with SQ285. :-)

• 4 Nov 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Hi Maik
    I’m getting in on the 12th too but coming in through Dubai. I’m staying at the Mercure. I know it’s sad but only 67 sleeps til the holiday. It and Christmas seem to be sneaking up fast

• 5 Nov 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I will be at Singapore Airport on the 11th! but my flight is SQ281! What time do you leave singapore? Tell me about it Amy! Time seems to be flying by and I love it :D

• 5 Nov 2011 Maik said

Maik

Hi Kay! My flight departs at 9:15 pm.
    Your flight departs on Jan 12th at 8:50am, right? When do you arrive at Singapore?

• 5 Nov 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

Yea it does, that really just freaked me out that you knew that! Then i remembered I wrote down my flight number! haha So strange that we are on different flights that are like 25mins apart and going to the same place! ummm we get in at 7.10 so we aren’t about for long, enough time to have a walk about and then get back on again!

• 6 Nov 2011 Maik said

Maik

Didn’t mean to freak you out. :D

Originally I wanted to book SQ281, but then I read transit time would be 55 minutes for me and also includes a terminal change. Which is a little bit tight on international flights. Therefore I booked SQ285.

4 hrs transit time also means that I can use the swimming pool up on the roof. … or watch a movie at the airport movie theater:-)

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelblogs/229/126652/3+Hidden+Gems+of+Singapore+Changi+Airport?destId=357349

• 6 Nov 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Swimming pool? Cinema? Awww now I wish I was going through sinapore. I’m gonna have to find out what I can do in Dubai. Although I plan to make full use of the movies on the plane so I can probably do without a cinema but the pool sounds amazing.

• 6 Nov 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

No way! That’s so cool! I have just enough time to move from one terminal to the next! Ah well, probs be too tired to enjoy it anyways haha but such a good way to kill time when waiting for the plane!

• 10 Nov 2011 elk said

elk

anymoo…
    dubai.. i’m not quite sure how far the cbd is away from the airport, but dubai is nothing short of amazing.
    there is the worlds largest shopping mall (complete with zoo and aquarium), there are the souqs (markets) to visit, gold is quite cheap over there (visit Al Fouad jewllery [aussie mikes] in the new gold souq).
    You will find plenty of awesome in dubai.

• 13 Nov 2011 buzz_williams24 said

Default_avatar

I am booked and paid for the Clockwise Southern Scenic Starting on the 2nd January. 2nd Contiki for me. I did the USA Wild Western last year. 14 days of sightseeing and epic partying. Bring on the next one!

• 14 Nov 2011 Dan_NZ said

Dan_NZ

Pretty sure your with us buzz http://www.facebook.com/groups/156300337800941/

• 5 Dec 2011 Maik said

Maik

Hey Guys,

Less than 40 days until our tour starts on Jan 14. Are you also staying at the Mercure?

• 6 Dec 2011 Kyls & Brit said

Kyls & Brit

Hey Maik,
    How are you? The countdown is on :) pretty excited. My cousin and i are staying at the Mercure and since jetstar kindly changed our flights on us we now arrive on the 12th so we get a day to explore. What day are you arriving?
    I say we organise anyone whose there on the friday night have a few drinks :)

• 6 Dec 2011 Vriend said

Default_avatar

Just booked my flight for the 14th! Grand explorer starting from auckland! Which hostels are gonna be the cheapest the night before? Anyone know?

• 6 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Morning!
    I get in on the 12th and am staying at the mercure. Drinks on Friday sound great!
    Sorry explorer1329520 I don’t really know anything about the local hostels but it’s great to find another person doing the tour.
    Am now past excitement and time is just whizzing by.

• 6 Dec 2011 Kyls & Brit said

Kyls & Brit

Time is flying by :) looks like we will have quite a good little group for drinks on friday night :)

• 6 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Yeah!!!! Anyone got any advice of things to do in auckland? Any inside tips?

• 6 Dec 2011 Maik said

Maik

I arrive on Jan 12th at noon at Auckland Airport.
    Btw. How do you get from the airport to our hotel?

Drinks on Friday night sounds awesome!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion