Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Zealand January 2012!!

18 Jul 2011 Kay22 asked

Kay22

Anyone else leaving in Jan?!

My first tour so very excited!

Any advice would be great! Mainly about what to pack as I have no idea!

Can't wait!

• 6 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Not sure about that Maik, I need to find out too.

• 7 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I’m back, I just looked at the airport website and there’s a airport bus that you can catch every 10 minutes. If we get off at stop 7047, it’s a three minute walk to the hotel. It’s about 16 dollars for that or thirtyish for a taxi apparently.

• 7 Dec 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

34 DAYS AND 14 HOURS UNTILL I LEAVE THE UK!! YES I’M EXCITED!!!! :D

• 9 Dec 2011 Vriend said

Default_avatar

1 month and 1 day from today till i fly out! Waaay to excited! Whatre.you guys looking forward to the most?

• 9 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

This will the trip of a lifetime and I’m way over excited about everything but I really want to see the glacier. Oh and I’m especially excited about being upside down, someone explain to me again how we don’t fall off?

• 9 Dec 2011 Maik said

Maik

Hi guys,

What temperatures do you expect for Southern Island?

Not sure whether I should pack for 2 seasons (summer/autumn) or even 4 seasons.
    On Northern Island we can expect temperatures in the high 20s.

@Vriend When do you arrive at Auckland?

• 9 Dec 2011 Vriend said

Default_avatar

I arrive at 5am on the 12th, but leave canada on the 10th. Its gonna be a real early morning in auckland! And as far as not falling off, i think its reliant on a big elastic. Haha

• 9 Dec 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

The general feel I get for the south island is just to pack layers! As they are easy to add/remove depending on changes in the weather! I’ve heard there summer can be very similar to our English summer soo I’d pack for all four seasons if you really want to! Haha! So excited!

• 9 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Well I’ve got a non-removable layer of padding so I’ll be grand if it gets abit cold and we’re fairly used to it anyway.
    Hi Vriend I leave on the 10th as well but I get in after lunch. Sadly I think I’m as excited about travelling there as I am about the holiday.

• 10 Dec 2011 Vriend said

Default_avatar

I DONT WANT THE COLD. im going there to escape the winter!

• 10 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I agree, is not supposed to be summer down there. Has snowed here overnight, a pathetic amount but you get the feeling it’s only the start. I hate snow by the way, it’s really only for children who don’t have to go anywhere in the mayhem it causes. Now I’ve been a party pooper, I’m going to work

• 11 Dec 2011 Maik said

Maik

It’s kiwi summer :)

By the way where are you guys staying after our tour (in Christchurch)?

• 11 Dec 2011 Kyls & Brit said

Kyls & Brit

Well we have had a hot novemeber now its raining :( so I hope the weather is good

• 11 Dec 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

It will be fine :) anything is better than the crappy English winter weather! Haha I finish in queenstown 2days before as I’m off to sydney for 5 days to stay with family! :) get there on Australia day so very excited but sad too leave early as well :( unfortunately work wouldn’t allow us the time off!

• 11 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

I’m staying at the Bealey hotel for two nights before I fly home. Same as with you Kay, thats all the time I could get off. Hopefully my staff wont have killed each other or anyone else in that time.

• 11 Dec 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I could of probs got a few days extra but my other half has to be at work on the 2nd of feb so didn’t leave us much room really! But I’m sure it will be amazing regardless! :) haha your come home to nobody talking to each other and every having a strop! Haha

• 11 Dec 2011 Vriend said

Default_avatar

im not sure where im staying after, ill prob hang out in christchurch for a while then fly back to auckland and go from there again.

• 11 Dec 2011 Amymoo said

Default_avatar

Hey I’ve been looking at things to do in Auckland. Anyone fancy the harbour bridge bungy jump???? It’s either that or the Skyjump

• 11 Dec 2011 Maik said

Maik

The best place for us to bungy is in Queenstown. It’s the official jumping station by the inventor of bungy jumping AJ Hackett.

http://www.bungy.co.nz/kawarau-bungy-centre/kawarau-bungy

• 11 Dec 2011 Kay22 said

Kay22

I’m not allowed to Bungy jump due too health reasons and the fact the idea just petrifies me!! Haha but I will be there to cheer on anyone who does it :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion