Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Had an incredible experience

18 Jul 2011 Explorer2010 said

Explorer2010

You'll have 3 days out on the Great barrier reef, plenty of dives, and you do have the option to do a first time SCUBA dive, the instructors are friendly and helpful, good food :-) and also some really cool people on board. One thing that should be noted in the website for this trip, is that you will not be with a Contiki group, when you do this. This is through Pro-dive, and so there will be people of various age groups, not a big deal to me, but just wanted to let people know. To finish off,,, the experience is like no other, as soon as you jump in the water, you'll see so many different fish, a few sea turtles, and so much more. Oh, and one more thing, spend the extra money and bring a underwater case for your camera, it's definitely worth it =)

• 4 Aug 2011 Book-Thief said

Book-Thief

This is the part I’m most excited about. I have a waterproof digital camera (Olympus Tough) that I hope to use for it. Do they provide wetsuit things for the snorkeling or do we just wear our bathing suits?

• 4 Aug 2011 Explorer2010 said

Explorer2010

Yes, they provide wetsuits and snorkeling gear. Also, if you want to do the first time scuba dive it costs $50, but it’s worth it.

• 4 Aug 2011 Book-Thief said

Book-Thief

Thank you! My mom won’t let me do any actual diving because she’s afraid of it, but snorkeling will probably be enough to keep me happy anyway. Ahhh, I’m so excited!!!

• 20 Aug 2011 Nick said

Nick

If you have a scuba cert but it’s been a year since you dived will they make you do the first time scuba dive or can you go off on a more advanced dive session?

• 22 Aug 2011 Explorer2010 said

Explorer2010

Hi Nick, I looked up your question and once you have that certificate you should be good. Check out their website, though. http://www.prodivecairns.com/5daylearntodive.html

• 22 Aug 2011 Nick said

Nick

Thank you sir!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion