Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mediterranean Trail +3 day Greek Cruise 14 Sept 11

21 Jul 2011 Jase asked

Jase

Okay good people...
I am locked and loaded for the Mediterranean Trail + 3 day Greek Island Cruise kicking off in 14 Sept 2011 and finishing up on 26 Sept 2011...
Anyone else getting involved..... I have created a facebook Group (the link is below)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/136494423101699

Feel free to join up and start talking up this trip... looking forward it big time!!!

• 31 Jul 2011 KT said

KT

Hi!!
    Katie Canada and Aimee Kiwi are on your tour!!! We are joining your facebook group now! So excited :)

• 18 Aug 2011 Larissa77 said

Larissa77

Hey my names Larissa, i just sent a request to join you fb as im also doing this tour yay! so excited :)

• 18 Aug 2011 Ben21 said

Default_avatar

Hi names Ben just about to join your fb group well excited :D

• 9 Sep 2011 Ness said

Ness

Hey I’m Vanessa, from Sydney, just requested to join the group on facebook. Cant believe how close the 14th is!! :-)

• 10 Sep 2011 Explorer1229262 said

Default_avatar

Hello, My name is Jill, and I will fly to Rome septembre 13th for this contiki tour, I will leave from Athens on October 1 . I’m from the Netherlands. I requested to join the group on Facebook! Super excited!

• 10 Sep 2011 Explorer1229262 said

Default_avatar

Only I will be doing a 7 day med-cruise ;) xx Jill

• 5 Oct 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I’m going on this trip next May and would love to know what you all thought? It would be great to hear some feedback! :)

• 9 Nov 2011 KT said

KT

Hey!! Absolutely loved this tour!!! Way too much fun, fantastic people and great food :) Bring a few pairs of swimmers and budget nicely for your drinks! Plently of time here and there to shop too. There are a few travel days which is great cause you will be able to recharge! If you’re doing any of the cruises it’s a fantastic way to end your trip!! Ahh have a blast!!! :)

• 9 Nov 2011 KT said

KT

Hey Jase ~ about time you reactivated your facebook eh!?!?! Missing you (just quietly haha) Katie :)

• 9 Nov 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Thanks so much KT! Now I just have to wait until May :)

• 9 Nov 2011 KT said

KT

I forgot to mention you will be on a few boats and ferries so if you get sick sick bring some motion sickness tablets :) I think it would be nice and humid in May so don’t bother bringing heavy clothing – leaves extra weight in your suitcase to bring back a few things! Oh and bring a towel or wait and buy one there for a souvenir (they are not too pricey!) If I think of anything else random I’ll let you know!!! :)

• 16 Nov 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Thanks, I’ll make sure I stock up on them and I think I’ll take a cheap towel with me then chuck it out when I leave!. Is the boat you sleep on ok? Like I’m picturing a cruise ship sorta thing? Can you tell me if it’s anything like that? :)

• 4 Dec 2011 KT said

KT

Yes! The 3 day cruise is a cruise ship (it’s freaking fantastic!!) It was my first time on a cruise ship and I had a great experience! They have a pool and a disco! The food is included but the drinks aren’t – I suggest buying the unlimited drinking package for the cruise! It was like 75 euros. It includes all drinks (not just drink drinks :P) We were supposed to stay overnight on a ferry but we didn’t?? So you may stay overnight on the superfast ferry and it’s not bad at all! Let me know if you have any more questions!! :)

• 6 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Oh awesome! I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise ship!, are there other people on there too? Like randoms or just other Contiki trips?. 75 euros isn’t too bad – does that cover the whole 3 days? (I hope so!) :)

• 7 Dec 2011 KT said

KT

You’ll love it! Yes there will be randoms on the ship – I think there were 1300+ people on our ship! Plus there was another Contiki on the cruise ship the same time as us :) plently of opportunity to meet more foreign friends!! Yes 75 euros covered drinks for the 3 days – the service was out of this world! Just as you finished your last sip on one drink the staff were behind you asking if you would like another!! :P

• 8 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

1300??? That’s going to be awsome! I cannot wait! Did you choose the inside or outside cabin? I’ve gone with the outside – I hope I made the right choice!! – I like that kind of service! :)

• 8 Dec 2011 KT said

KT

I chose the outside room with the porthole. The only difference between the 2 rooms is the outside room has a window! It’s just a decent sized porthole and we had a lifeboat in the way haha!! We were in other rooms without a window and they seemed a bit bigger but not by much. You can’t go wrong either way! Plus you don’t spend too much time in your room to worry about it! ;) You’ll love the service and the food was great too – buffett and so much to choose from :)

• 9 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

I just thought maybe looking at the sea might help if I felt sick – but prob better to go outside and get fresh air!. I can’t wait… this time in 5 months I’ll be there!. Thanks so much for all of your advice! :) Did you go solo?

• 19 Dec 2011 KT said

KT

Won’t be long and you will be there!! I went with my kiwi friend – we met in Aussie last year and planned to meet halfway around the world to travel together! Are you going by yourself?? Heaps of people who do contiki travel with people and solo :)

• 29 Dec 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

It’s even closer now!. I am going by myself – first time ever but from reading all of the forums and posts etc I know I’ll be fine!. Have you booked any other tours yet or are you looking at doing any others? :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion