Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Paris plus Rome September 9th, 2011?

22 Jul 2011 Kelsey asked

Default_avatar

Anyone on this tour?

• 23 Jul 2011 Ale said

Default_avatar

My husband and I are going!!! The tour seems to be almost full.

• 23 Jul 2011 Kelsey said

Default_avatar

Glad to finally find other people that are going! The tour does seem to be almost full but I haven’t found anyone else that was on our tour. I was hoping to be able to chat with a few people beforehand and see what other people had in mind for Rome since we will be on our own. Are you guys planning out your days or just figuring it out when you get there?

• 23 Jul 2011 Ale said

Default_avatar

I saw another posting about this specific tour, but I was the only person that responded. LOL.

We have started to plan out our days for Rome because we really only have a day an half there. We are planning on going to the Vatican on Saturday, and have already bought our tickets. Since we are there we are also going to go to St. Peter’s. We are thinking of going to the Spanish Steps and the Trevi fountain later in the evening. Sunday we hope to tackle the Colosseum, Pantheon and etc.

This is our first Contiki tour, have you traveled with them before?

• 25 Jul 2011 Kelsey said

Default_avatar

Neither me or my friend has ever gone on a Contiki tour so we are in the dark a little bit as well. We are getting together this weekend to plan out our time in Rome a little bit, but we haven’t received our packets yet and we were hoping to have those beforehand. It will be hard to see everything we want to in the time that we have but we are going to try!

• 26 Jul 2011 Ale said

Default_avatar

Have fun planning! I found a blog someone wrote about their trip with contiki on the samet tour. It was written 4 years ago, but I don’t think contiki has deviated from it, and I based my planning on that blog. I know it’s a big risk, but I’ll try to go with the flow.

• 4 Aug 2011 ParisBound said

ParisBound

Can maried people go on the singles tour?

• 4 Aug 2011 ParisBound said

ParisBound

Also, you can buy your tickets to the vatican in advance? Can you please give me the websit? I would like to do that too.

• 4 Aug 2011 Ale said

Default_avatar

They better let married people go on the tour, or I want my money back! haha.

Here’s the link to the vatican museum website: http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/MV_Home.html

Nice to see more people going on this tour.

• 13 Aug 2011 Explorer1273462 said

Explorer1273462

Hi, im pretty sure im on this one… i thought it started on the 10th?

• 13 Aug 2011 Kelsey said

Default_avatar

I think the difference is just the timing, I am in the US and our flight leaves on the 9th but we won’t actually be in London until the 10th. Our tour dates just say from the 9th-19th. Are you traveling alone or with anyone? Have you ever been on a Contiki tour before?

• 23 Aug 2011 Explorer1273462 said

Explorer1273462

ahhh okay, well that makes sense then :) travelling alone, how about you? no this is my first one, its actually my first time overseas too. have you been on any others before? i cant beleive its only 2 weeks away!

• 23 Aug 2011 Kelsey said

Default_avatar

I am travelling with a friend. Neither of us have been on a Contiki trip and neither of us have been to Europe so it will all be new for us too. I am so excited, it’s coming up so fast!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 2 years

This question was posted about over 2 years ago. It has been discussed 12 times.

3 people are following this discussion.

• Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Explorer1273462

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.