Community_discussions_small  

Question

Beaches and Reefs (Start Sidney) 2nd October 2011

22 Jul 2011 mark866 asked

mark866

Hey guys anyone going on this tour???Still have to decide if going to this one or the one starting Cairns. Waiting for news from you

• 26 Jul 2011 Luke said

Luke

hey, yes am thinking of going on this one probably go on the 14 days from Sydney, as I live here, are you going on the sailing option, am traveling solo about you.

• 26 Jul 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Hey I am doing the one starting in Sydney on the 2nd looking forward to it! Going to Sydney for 5 day before the tour as well.
    Claire

• 27 Jul 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hey There awesome, are you traveling solo, are you doing it with the whitsunday sailing included or just normal, let me know. cheers

• 27 Jul 2011 mark866 said

mark866

hey. I’m travelling solo, but still I’m not sure which tour to choose yet.
    I’m from Italy. Do u know any group on facebbok going on this one?

• 27 Jul 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hey I am going to book the 2nd october Sydney to Cairns with whitsunday sailing should be good, no not too sure of any groups going on this one. should be fun either way

• 10 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hey, my names Samantha i am 25 years old. i am thinking of booking this trip also and will also be travelling solo. Have you decided which one you are going on? This will be the first time i have ever done anything like this so am really scared but excited!

• 11 Aug 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hey Samantha, Sounds good, my name is Luke I will be 25 years old at the time as well, live in Sydney , I have booked the 2nd of October, Beaches and Reefs with Whitsunday sailing, From Sydney to Cairns, I am travelling solo and am nervous as wlll first time doing something like this as well, I think it will be fun, all my friends have loved there contiki trips. and I thought why not.

• 11 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hi Luke it’s good to know others are travelling solo so I’m not the only one! I haven’t booked it yet but will do over the next couple of days. How do you add any of the extra excursions like the Whitsunday sailing? I think you are on the same trip as I am looking at but the Whitsunday Sailing is extra. It’s sounds like an amazing tour!

• 12 Aug 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hey Samantha, Sounds awesome it will be good, you can save 20% off the total amount if you book early on the 2nd october go the beaches and reefs with whitsunday sailing it is all included in one package starting sydney and ending in cairns it is around $1900 but included like meals, accommodation and travel plus sailing. the extra optional activities you pay when the trip starts, where are you from?

• 12 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hi Luke. Ok that sounds great thank you. Can’t wait to get it all booked up. Need to sort flights out too. I’m from Essex in England so it’s a long way for me to come. I’ve never been to Australia before but always wanted to!! Have you been speaking to any others going on this trip?

• 12 Aug 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hey, Cool it is my first big adventure going solo, but am looking more forward to having so much fun, not long to go now, England is a long way but will be worth it, Australia is a beautiful place can’t wait to see the Great Barrier Reef, yeah I have spoken to another girl who will be on the same trip beaches and reefs with sailing (sydney to cairns) she is coming from the U.S also travelling solo, can’t wait to meet new people, need a holiday desperately, just finshed paying for everything. Luke

• 12 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Hey Samantha, I am booked on the 2nd of Oct trip as well!! Really looking forward to it should be awesome. I am travelling solo as well!! I am coming from Jersey CI so from a similar part of the world. I am flying out on the 26th from Heathrow so I can spend some time in Syd before the tour. Get BOOKING :D

• 13 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hey Luke and Adrenaline Junkie (sorry i dont know your name), Ok so i think im sold on booking this trip with the sailing included!! I am so excited now! i think i am going to be in Sydney a few days before the trip also so would be good to meet up if you can!! I have spoken to so many people about doing this and they have all said the best way to travel is going solo! Thanks for helping me decide guys!

• 13 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Yea solo is a good way to travel, you make so many friends along the way from all walks of life! I will arrive in sydney on the 28th of Sept so if you wanna meet up do some sightseeing that would be awesome!

• 14 Aug 2011 Luke said

Luke

Awesome, sounds great, I will see you there, just be working until the 30/09/11,I will be staying at Kings Cross on the 1st of october and will meet up on the 2nd of october for the tour, am staying at cairns an extra day, see you both on the tour can’t wait. Luke

• 15 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

I arrive on the 28th Sept too!! We should definitely meet up and do some sightseeing that would be fantastic!! i might be doing some work exeprience for a co i know on the 29th and 30th but its not for definite yet but if so i will be free in the evenings and would be sp great if we can meet up. i will also have all day on the Saturday so we should definitely get out and about then! Looking forward to meeting you both!! Am so excited now!!!

• 15 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hi Claire, where are you staying whilst in Sydney? Is there anywhere you can recommend? I will need somewhere to stay for about 7 nights as I will be arriving on Sunday 25th Sept??

• 15 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

I would be up for meeting up on the saturday as well!! I am sure theres is lots to see and do in Syd! Can’t wait!

• 22 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Hey I cant remember if I answered your question, but I am staying at Palms Backpackers in KIngcross from the 28th of sept. I havent a clue whats its like at all! But i figured I will be out and about most of the time, Just there to sleep! Have you booked the trip yet Sam??

• 23 Aug 2011 FlyMTL said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

My name’s Wayne and I’m from Montreal CA. I booked this tour a couple of weeks ago and am super psyched for October to roll around! I’m also traveling solo but this is my second Contiki trip and I found that most people on the last tour were solo as well so don’t feel nervous. I’ll be arriving in Sydney the morning of the 29th. Have any of you received your info package yet? I’m still waiting for mine.

Wayne

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion