Community_discussions_small  

Question

Beaches and Reefs (Start Sidney) 2nd October 2011

22 Jul 2011 mark866 asked

mark866

Hey guys anyone going on this tour???Still have to decide if going to this one or the one starting Cairns. Waiting for news from you

• 23 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Hey Wayne,

Awesome to hear you are on this trip too, its going to be amazing, I am super stoked! Where else have you travelled with Contiki?!? I havent recieved my info pack yet, I dont think it will arrive until about 2/3 weeks before the tour! Are you doing the sailing as well??

Claire

• 23 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hi Claire, Yes i am all booked up now! So excited. Just need to sort out my flights but i can not decide when to come out and also i am now thinking i would like to stay on after the tour finishes and maybe see a bit more of Cairns???? Thank you for letting me know about where you are staying prior to the tour, i will look into it. I’m up for meeting before Saturday if you are around, if not we will definitely meet up Saturday and do some sightseeing.

Hi Wayne, looking forward to the tour also, especially after getting to know some others going. Not received the info package as of yet so i wouldnt worry. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sam

• 23 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hi Claire, Just looked up Palms Backpackers and it actually looks ok! i might also book myself in there but not sure i am brave enough to stay in a 10 person dorm however there is an option to stay in a 4 person dorm. Which one did you go for? Did you book it direct through the Palms website or did you use a different website?

• 23 Aug 2011 FlyMTL said

Default_avatar

Hey Claire. I did the European Discovery tour in 2009. Some friends bailed on me last minute back then but I decided to go anyways. Best decision of my life :) And I did sign up for the sailing as well. I’m really excited about that part!

And thanks to both of you about the info package. When I did European Discovery I literally signed on a week before I left so I never actually received that package.

• 23 Aug 2011 Mychelle28 said

Default_avatar

Hey – My name is Michelle, I am from Christchurch, New Zealand. I am hopefully going to be booking this tour tomorrow.
    I haven’t done any travelling yet, so thought I would start close to home – but am really excited to see abit more of Australia, and meet new people :)

• 24 Aug 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hi Wayne and Michelle, So excited that more people will be on this tour and from different countries can’t wait to get to know you all and learn so many new things, you both doing the whitsunday sailing as well?, how old are you both? I will be 25 at the time I live in Sydney and this is my first contiki trip solo , and am super excited for this tour it will be alot of fun, can’t wait to meet you all and have a great time and see lots of things I have never seen before, should be a wonderful experience are you staying around Kings Cross earlier and when do you both fly in, is anyone on facebook would like to connect so we can meet up on maybe the saturday the 1st of oct. Luke

• 24 Aug 2011 FlyMTL said

Default_avatar

Sup Luke,
    I should land in Sydney on the 29th. I booked the 3 day Sydney Explorer package and I was told I will be staying at the same hotel we depart from on the 2nd. I don’t know what the name of the hotel is though. Oh and I’m 27.

• 24 Aug 2011 Mychelle28 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys – I just spoke to my friend who happens to be a travel agent, so she is booking everything for me as we speak! I reckon I will touch down in Sydney on the Saturday, so am definitely keen to meet up, have no idea at this stage where I will stay that night. I’m 28 and still have alot of partying left in me!! haha.

• 24 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Hey Sam, I booked Palms Backpackers through Hostelworld.com. I have paid the deposit which was like £8 online for a 4 bed dorm. I thought a 10 bed dorm would be a little manic haha. I can meet on the thursday the 29th if your around. Although on friday I am heading down to blue mountains to do abit of trekking for the day so wont be around then. and SAturday I will be up for meeting y’all as well!

• 25 Aug 2011 Amber said

Default_avatar

hey me and my boyfriend are starting in sydney to the trip on 2nd, cant wait!!! we are having a few days in sydney before it starts. what days are you all flying out?? x

• 25 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hey Amber, I am planning to fly out on Monday 26th Sept so should arrive on the 27th. Going to stay in the Palms BackPackers until the tour starts. What are your plans? Where are you from?

Hey Claire, ok cool I think I am going to be arriving on 27th Sept. I am going to book into Palms. I’m going to opt for a 4 bed also, not sure I can handle a 10 dorm! Def up for meeting up on the Thursday that would be great we need to see as much as we can and then get together again on the Saturday. Should be easy to meet as we are staying in the same place! Can’t wait!!!

• 26 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Awesome, Its so nice you will be staying in the same place :D sweeet! Defiantly up for meeting on the thursday how ever jet lagged lol! Maybe we could do some sightseeing and check out some of sydney’s beaches or shops! I am majorly excited now!

• 26 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hi Claire, i thought it would be a good idea to stay in the same place, as atleast then we know someone else! Plus i dont know of anywhere to stay! Ok so meeting up Thursday and Saturday. i’m definitely up for sightseeing, and shops and i am a massive fan of the beach!!! i am majorly excited now too!!! Woop woop!

• 26 Aug 2011 Amber said

Default_avatar

hey sammy were flying out on 27th tues late evening n get there thursday. cant remember the name of the hotel that were staying in, off the top of my head lol. and were from west sussex. There seems to be a few of us going on this trip :) n were planning on going to bondi beach or manly beach maybe as heard its nice. maybe we shoud all meet up before the trip. for drinks or time at the beach xxx

• 30 Aug 2011 FlyMTL said

Default_avatar

I just realized there’s less then one month to go before my flight. I’m useless at work now…
    :)

• 30 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hi Amber, sounds good to me. Me and Claire are planning to meet up on Thursday and Saturday so we could up with you guys also on either day. We were keen to hit some beaches too. What’s the best way to contact you once I am there.

Claire, what’s the best way to contact you also? (text) I will contact you once I arrive. I’ve just booked my flights and arrive on Weds so will let you know what time I arrive at the hostel!!

• 30 Aug 2011 AdrenalineJunkie83 said

AdrenalineJunkie83

Heeey! I arrive on the wednesday too, what flight are you getting??? Hmm I dont know about contact, not sure if my phone will work out there might have to buy a sim, However you can add me on facebook or come knocking around the hostel lol until you find me :)! 4 weeks Guys!!!! Woooo. Amber you should defiantly meet up with me and Sam! Man I am excited!

• 31 Aug 2011 Luke said

Luke

• 31 Aug 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hey Guys, Got My Contiki Documents today, everything is now booked in, have all documents just have to pack soon, only 4 weeks left, can’t wait ,not long to go now, it will be a great trip, can’t wait to do some of the optional activities should be lots of fun, Luke

• 31 Aug 2011 Sammy1985 said

Sammy1985

Hey Claire I will add you on facebook. Hopefully I will add the right Claire lol. 4 weeks to go how exciting!! I’m getting a 10pm flight from Heathrow on the Monday and arrive in Sydney on the Wednesday at 8am. What about you? I will come and find you at the hostel if I can. When I check in I will ask if you have arrived yet and go from there. Really looking forward to it now!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion