Question

European Inspiration (WINTER) 12th March 2012

25 Jul 2011 iamloz asked

iamloz

Im all booked for this trip ! :)

Cant wait ..... anyone else going ?

• 7 Aug 2011 Jasmine said

Jasmine

Hey! My partner and I are all booked for this tour too! :) We’re from NZ… Can’t wait!

• 8 Aug 2011 Andria said

Andria

Hey there, me and my friend are going on this date too….. I’m from NZ and she is from Australia. You’re the first people we’ve found that are going. Have either of you been on Contiki before? :)

• 8 Aug 2011 iamloz said

iamloz

I have done 2 contikis before :) one in Euro and one in the US .. both were AMAZING ! cant wait for this one ….

• 8 Aug 2011 Andria said

Andria

Wow that was a quick reply, have you booked your flights to london yet? How much would you say you would need for spending money? Sorry to ask so many questions, have never done contiki before. :)

• 8 Aug 2011 iamloz said

iamloz

My bf and I booked out flights with QANTAS last week… were from Perth so flights were $2000 … all airlines looked the same price so you should find a good deal. You shouldnt need too much spending money… it depends how much random crap you want to buy :) like little gifts and things. If you go through the optional extras for the tour it should list rough prices :) You will most likely do all optional extras likes dinners etc … we did on our other europe tour… Your main cost is alcohol ! Europe can be pricey for alcohol and that is what most of my money went on ! :)
    … so basically cost up the optional extras (should be listed in the tour info on the contiki website) and add ontop around $50 euro a day extra … this way you will have spare $$ …:) hope that helps !

• 8 Aug 2011 Andria said

Andria

Thanks heaps, yeah that’s what I thought, I have printed out all the optional costs-was just wondering if many people did them, so that helps to know that they are popular. Yeah will have to have a good stash for alochol lol thanks for your help. :)

• 8 Aug 2011 iamloz said

iamloz

all good :) yeh i did every dinner on my prevous contiki … otherwise it becomes too hard to organise yourself … espec in countries i had no idea what they were saying ! haha and its good to hang out with everyone :) hopefully the next 8 months fly by !

• 8 Aug 2011 Jasmine said

Jasmine

Hey! Nah I havent been on a Contiki before… my first one! Havent booked our flights yet and gonna wait for the travel show in October then do the flights cause hopefully we will get a good deal then. Where abouts from NZ are you from?

I know all the info is probably on the net somewhere but I may as well ask just incase you know but do we need Visa’s for any of the countries we are going to? :)
  • 8 Aug 2011 iamloz said

iamloz

No visa required :) I have a british passport luckily ! … but we didnt need anything … they only checked our passport once and that was getting on the ferry from Dover to Paris …. didnt need it any other time :)

Jasmine

Awesome thanks!! :)

What countries have you been to in Europe so far?

• 8 Aug 2011 Andria said

Andria

@ Jasmine-Hey! Where is the travel show, in Auckland? Im from up north near Whangarei, where are you from? :)

Are either of you staying any extra nights on paris or London??

Jasmine

Hey Andria! :)

The travel show is in Auckland and am pretty sure it is in October… my friend works for flight centre and she said it will be around that time.

I’m from Auckland :)

And yep I will be staying in London for about 3 or 4 nights beforehand and about 3 nights in London afterwards also – but my Dad lives in London so I will be seeing him a little bit while I am there too.

What about you? You staying in London or anything?

• 10 Aug 2011 Andria said

Andria

Oh ok I know there is one this sunday at asb showgrounds but i think it’s more for USA and the Pacific. Cool I will watch out for that. Yep we will stay 3-4 nights in london b4 hand then at the end of the trip we are spending about 4 extra nights in paris-found cheap accomodation in a hotel, about $30 each per night. :)

• 10 Aug 2011 Alyssa.Kate said

Alyssa.Kate

Hey my boyfriend and I just booked on this! So excited :) im from Auckland New Zealand!
    Keen to meet the people on this trip!!

• 11 Aug 2011 Jasmine said

Jasmine

Awesome! Yeah I’m really excited too!! Wish it would just hurry up and be March already! So are you living in Auckland at the moment? Have you booked flights and stuff yet?

Jasmine

Awesome! Yeah I’m really excited too!! Wish it would just hurry up and be March already! So are you living in Auckland at the moment? Have you booked flights and stuff yet?

• 11 Aug 2011 iamloz said

iamloz

wow so many Zew Zealanders ! :) hehe i cant wait either … although i need it to drag so i can save enough $$$ haha

• 11 Aug 2011 Alyssa.Kate said

Alyssa.Kate

Yes im living in Auckland, This is the reason i booked early haha to get motivaton to save!!! MArch is just around the corner though. We have booked our flights to and from London – Managed to get super good deals with Malaysian Air! and we have a cute little place where we are stayin in London which is just around the road from the Royal hotel. Do you have everything booked?

Jasmine

Haha yeah that is true! I can’t wait till everything is booked and paid for! I havent got my flights booked yet.. looking at doing that around Octoberish. And yeah good idea booking early!

Add me on facebook if ya have it – Jasmine Harris and my profile pic is the same as this one

• 12 Aug 2011 Andria said

Andria

Hi Alyssa.Kate! Great to meet more people going on this trip :) If you don’t mind me asking how much did you get your flights for? I have been searching for months now and would love to get an idea what a “good price” would be? I’m not sure weather to wait or just get them now.??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion