Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Experience - 19th September 2011

26 Jul 2011 Kat asked

Kat

Hey Guys!

Just wondering who else is going on this tour???
I'm heading off by myself and would love to get to know some of you before i go!

• 2 Sep 2011 brandon_ said

Default_avatar

I’m debating on it, I dont have much time left to decide, but i’ve been toying with the idea between doing a european tour, or a australian tour. I’m leaning towards doing this one more so,
    Btw I’m from Northwesten Ontario,

Cheers guys,
  • 2 Sep 2011 Sharii :] said

Sharii :]

Come to Europe with us Brandon :] Then you will have friends to visit when you do Australia next time :]

Default_avatar

Came upon this tour super late, looks as there are still spots left!

Going to be doing some heavy looking into this tour for the next hour or so, I’ll fill you in on if I’ll be joining you all within the next few days.

Cheers!

• 2 Sep 2011 Rhett said

Default_avatar

Hey guys me n my sister will be in london before the tour from the 16th sept. and after the tour until the 12th oct. staying at the royal national aswell, cant wait to meet you all, so excited for this trip!
    is anyone else completely unprepared, i think ill just save all my shopping till the day before haha
    and by the way, only 18 days to go!

• 2 Sep 2011 Nay_N_Azz said

Nay_N_Azz

Hey Rhett, My husband and I are also staying at the royal national from the 16th

I will be there same time as the four of you :] YAY!

• 2 Sep 2011 Roopa said

Roopa

Haha, I’m already here and I’m completely unprepared!

• 2 Sep 2011 Matt and Trav Dowling said

Matt and Trav Dowling

matt and i will be there on the 16th and staying at the royal national

• 2 Sep 2011 Kat said

Kat

Hey I’m at the royal national too! Feeling so unprepared have the suit case in my room (empty) and am like need to find the energy to attempt a pre pack!!! Lol still have to get my sleeping bag to! Brandon you so have to come on this tour, will be so much fun, and sharii’s right this way you will have contacts to stay with in Oz :)

I am in the same state as you with packing Kat except I havent even gotten the suitcase out haha. Doing some shopping tomorrow :]

• 2 Sep 2011 Nick said

Nick

Hahah I don’t check this page for one day and thenre is like 10 more poeple coming now hahaha. Im gonna be arrving in London on the 18th at the royal national. I still haven’t packed either Kat hahaha. I bought some adaptors for when I’m over there but bgesides that I’ve got nothing ready yet. Brandon you should come with us it’s gonna be sooooooo amazing hahah yay on 2 and a bit weeks to go!!!!

• 2 Sep 2011 Roopa said

Roopa

Im staying at the royal national too on the 18th, looking forward to meeting you all!

• 2 Sep 2011 Marni said

Default_avatar

hey kat, double check this just in case i was misinformed, but i asked a kon tiki rep over the phone about bringing a sleeping bag and was told that the company provides them. which is good since we can only bring like one suitcase haha. ps. i haven’t even thought about packing yet :-0 :)

• 2 Sep 2011 Heather said

Heather

Marnis right a sleeping bag is provided for us so no need to pull on out or buy one.

Nick- i feel the same way! all of a sudden theres a forth page, and its full! sheessh!

As for packing/ preparing. I have done absolutely nothing! haha i havent even received my package yet with all the info. Havent bought a single thing, or pulled out a suitcase! Probably will do it all the day before my flight leaves! lol

• 2 Sep 2011 Roopa said

Roopa

Oh really? I spoke to one of the reps yesterday and he reminded me to bring a sleeping bag but that’s great if we don’t need one :)

Default_avatar

Alright I’m comming guys, I fly out of Toronto Ontario, on the 15th and will be staying in London till the tour starts at the same place as the gang! Gunnna be awesome!

• 2 Sep 2011 Kat said

Kat

Hey marni, thanks for the heads up :) I contacted the contiki basement and they said we have to bring our own that only USA tours get them as it was part of their package, but I am so contacting my travel agent today, because that is so cool if they do! Oh are we able to bring like a small on board travel luggage bag or just one suitcase?
    That’s great Brandon! Looking forward to meeting you! And everyone else or corse :)

Default_avatar

I was told we were given the sleeping bags when we got there, this is as of 3 hours ago when I booked.

You might be on Brandon becuase you are Canada… If they provide for US that would make sense for them to for Canada too… I am just picking up a cheap one… I have a friend who can get me discounts and I plan on ditching it on the way home :] Kat if you find out you can get it included let me know and I will try :]

My travel agent is useless. Have spoken to 5 different people just to get them to bother to look for my pack… which apparently is already there (nice of them to tell me!!) so I am picking that up today along with anything else I need =D

It is coming up quick!!!

• 2 Sep 2011 Roopa said

Roopa

Hmm I might give them another call just to check about the sleeping bags, I don’t want to bring one along if it is included.

Question, what are you all using for luggage, a suitcase or back-pack? I’m contemplating which to use.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion